Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Think The Decision Has Been Made...
Brooksie 05:40 PM 11-27-2013
Sometime next year, in the spring, I will be closing up shop. The money and enrollment are just not here and the stress on my daughter and myself is proving too much. Neither of us are happy and it defeats the purpose of wanting to do this. As soon as I file this years taxes and the restaurant business picks up again (slow season where I live) I will be giving my families notice. Once I can get a steady income I will be going back to school to pursue my original goal, Occupational Therapy.

I'm very nervous. I hate thinking I will be taking a step back to where I was a few years ago and trying to get out of. But times are changing and we aren't getting any where here. Soon as we are approved for the house loan (after taxes) I will probably be giving everyone notice.

Shew. Its so scary and at the same time, I feel hopeful about my future again. I know my daughter needs this. I almost wish I could quit tomorrow for her. But at least there is an end in sight.

Wish me luck!
jessrlee 05:52 PM 11-27-2013
Best of luck!!! I'm sorry things are so slow
LaLa1923 05:58 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Sometime next year, in the spring, I will be closing up shop. The money and enrollment are just not here and the stress on my daughter and myself is proving too much. Neither of us are happy and it defeats the purpose of wanting to do this. As soon as I file this years taxes and the restaurant business picks up again (slow season where I live) I will be giving my families notice. Once I can get a steady income I will be going back to school to pursue my original goal, Occupational Therapy.

I'm very nervous. I hate thinking I will be taking a step back to where I was a few years ago and trying to get out of. But times are changing and we aren't getting any where here. Soon as we are approved for the house loan (after taxes) I will probably be giving everyone notice.

Shew. Its so scary and at the same time, I feel hopeful about my future again. I know my daughter needs this. I almost wish I could quit tomorrow for her. But at least there is an end in sight.

Wish me luck!
If you need ANYTHING I am here for you!

I think you're making the right decision for you and your family.

I wish you the best of luck and I sure hope you stick around here.

OT: I was trying to find your post on dress up stuff, could you tell me what brand yours are??

On a side note, if you are getting rid of anything I will gladly buy it from you!
CedarCreek 06:00 PM 11-27-2013
Good luck, Brooksie! I'm right here with you on closing up shop. I'm scared too but like you said, enrollment is just not there. We can't survive on just Dh's income.

I know it's hard
Brooksie 06:03 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
If you need ANYTHING I am here for you!

I think you're making the right decision for you and your family.

I wish you the best of luck and I sure hope you stick around here.

OT: I was trying to find your post on dress up stuff, could you tell me what brand yours are??

On a side note, if you are getting rid of anything I will gladly buy it from you!
When it happens I will be selling a ton of stuff! I will probably keep a good bit for DDs playroom (something I'm hoping for when we buy a house) but a lot of it has to go. I was just looking at everything and thinking, wow... that's a months income just on selling DC stuff

http://www.dexterplay.com/
these are the dress ups I have. So easy and they're out all the time. The kids love them.
cheerfuldom 07:58 PM 11-27-2013
Keep me updated too if you decide to offer up things for sale online. I am happy to pay shipping and a fair price so let me know! but on a side note, I will be quitting as well at some point depending on a job, hopefully two years top. I agree with you completely. you have to weigh the pros and cons of doing daycare and at this point, I am so busy during the day and really not fulfilled at all in this job so overall, I think everyone will be just fine to go to preschool or school while I work. I am really looking forward to be done with taking care of small ones. It really is a miraculous person that can do this long term, like 20 or 30 years. I definitely support you pursuing your dream of OT! good luck to you.
MotherNature 04:52 AM 11-28-2013
Good luck to you achieving your goals!
Scout 07:11 AM 11-28-2013
Best of luck! Going back to school is never the wrong choice!
Reply Up