Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>End Of The Year Fun...
coolconfidentme 04:35 AM 12-31-2013
In DC I have learned:

When a parent says, "He's always been a fussy baby." It's code for, "I pick him up all the time."

When a parent says, "He's wet??" It's code for, "I was too lazy to change him this morning."

What did you learn in DC??
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:30 AM 12-31-2013
this week-
that hugs from a 22 yr old boy you had when he was young are priceless.
melilley 05:31 AM 12-31-2013
That when a parent says "I have the day off, but will be here early", early is like 5 minutes early.

I learned that a parent will lie to your face.

I love all of my dcp's, but have one that is all drama and has lied to me a few times. She doesn't know that I know about these lies. I don't get why people have to be like that.

BUT, I have also learned that parents can have big hearts and most of them really do appreciate me!
coolconfidentme 08:29 AM 12-31-2013
Awwww!!!
ihop 10:06 AM 12-31-2013
I have learned.... that no drop offs past 9am translates to parents as show up three days in a row at 955am without feeding your child so you can sleep in on your week off.....and then get mad when I call you out on it.
Lucy 05:21 PM 12-31-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
That when a parent says "I have the day off, but will be here early", early is like 5 minutes early.
Abso-friggin-lutely!!!!
Lucy 05:23 PM 12-31-2013
Originally Posted by ihop:
I have learned.... that no drop offs past 9am translates to parents as show up three days in a row at 955am without feeding your child so you can sleep in on your week off.....and then get mad when I call you out on it.
AND, when they (by some miracle) pick them up early, it's always 12:30 so that you'll feed them lunch.
e.j. 12:10 PM 01-01-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
In DC I have learned:
...that I can't be all things to all people. I do my best to meet the needs of my dc kids and their parents. In the end, though, it has to work for me. Trying to be all things to all people quickly leads to burn out which isn't good for any of us.
Annalee 04:14 PM 01-01-2014
Originally Posted by e.j.:
...that I can't be all things to all people. I do my best to meet the needs of my dc kids and their parents. In the end, though, it has to work for me. Trying to be all things to all people quickly leads to burn out which isn't good for any of us.

jenn 06:27 PM 01-01-2014
I have learned that there are really no illnesses in the daycare world. Teething and/or allergies are ALWAYS the issues, no matter what the symptoms are.
coolconfidentme 03:34 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by jenn:
I have learned that there are really no illnesses in the daycare world. Teething and/or allergies are ALWAYS the issues, no matter what the symptoms are.
....or something they ate. (giggle) I had DCB throw up in front of me & mom at drop off. She blamed the Happy Meal he had the night before. I still laugh at that one.
Blackcat31 01:18 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:

What did you learn in DC??
That I will ALWAYS do what is best for ME and MY family and expect families to do the same.

It isn't personal. It's business.

fwiw~ my son WAS always a fussy baby and not at all because I held him all the time.

He is still, in some ways the same now at 22 yrs.
Msdunny 01:26 PM 01-02-2014
That the one dcb that I would never want to lose because we love him so much has the parents who cause the most issues.

That I do this to benefit my family and therefore need personal days occasionally to regain my sanity. I will not feel guilty.

And that these littles really do love me and my family, and that makes a lot of the headaches worth it.
Brooksie 02:02 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by jenn:

Reply Up