Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG STOP IT ALREADY, Rant
daycare 03:14 PM 09-04-2014
I have a new family that is starting on MOnday. PT

i have already had two full meetings with them. We have signed all contracts and went over the PHB and contract 100%.

today DCM has sent me about 9 emails asking all of these questions that I already went over in our 2 meetings. she did take notes too. I gave her a copy of everything she signed.

I did tell her, I know that we discussed a lot of information, you can always resort to your PHB to help answer these questions....NOPE, SHE KEEPS EMAILING ME.

I am having a bad feeling about this....I hope that I don't regret it!!!!!
Thriftylady 03:17 PM 09-04-2014
Well if she keeps it up you could just reply something like: "It seems you are uncomfortable, if that is the case perhaps you have not found the right provider, if that is the case let me know immediately and I will refund all deposits etc". I know that is hard to do, but maybe you need an out.
daycare 03:19 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Well if she keeps it up you could just reply something like: "It seems you are uncomfortable, if that is the case perhaps you have not found the right provider, if that is the case let me know immediately and I will refund all deposits etc". I know that is hard to do, but maybe you need an out.
Oh I agree......I want to tell her HEY knock it OFF......

Most of them are about stupid stuff, but OMG we already went over that crap.

So do you think if she sends one more I should tell her what you said.....????
Thriftylady 03:28 PM 09-04-2014
Well that is up to you. I am just thinking if you are getting a bad vibe better to bail now. Of course if you send that maybe she will realize she is acting crazy? Yeah okay probably not lol.
sharlan 03:39 PM 09-04-2014
Either she's uncomfortable with putting her child in daycare or she's just too lazy to read the parent handbook. I would refer her to the handbook on the next text. After that, I'd tell her that you may not be the right fit for her.

3 out of 5 of my parents were too lazy to read the handbook, yet signed stating they read it "in its entirety". The 2 that read got a $25 gift card.
Thriftylady 03:43 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Either she's uncomfortable with putting her child in daycare or she's just too lazy to read the parent handbook. I would refer her to the handbook on the next text. After that, I'd tell her that you may not be the right fit for her.

3 out of 5 of my parents were too lazy to read the handbook, yet signed stating they read it "in its entirety". The 2 that read got a $25 gift card.
OH I love the gift card idea. How exactly did you KNOW they read it and how did you give the gift card? I charge a $25 enrollment fee but would gladly gift that back to an awesome family!
AmyKidsCo 03:43 PM 09-04-2014
I have a bad vibe for the opposite reason.

Mom came by to drop off paperwork Friday, Aug 22. The following Monday I emailed scans of her copies and some other paperwork to her. The next day she replied asking how much they had to pay on the child's first day. I responded that the enrollment fee and first week's tuition was due BEFORE the child's first day - September 8.

I haven't heard anything since and haven't received any money so I'm really wondering if they'll show up Monday or not.
Thriftylady 03:48 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I have a bad vibe for the opposite reason.

Mom came by to drop off paperwork Friday, Aug 22. The following Monday I emailed scans of her copies and some other paperwork to her. The next day she replied asking how much they had to pay on the child's first day. I responded that the enrollment fee and first week's tuition was due BEFORE the child's first day - September 8.

I haven't heard anything since and haven't received any money so I'm really wondering if they'll show up Monday or not.
I am guessing no, they don't want to pay in advance because they didn't plan to pay you. I am biased, this is what just happened to me. I went out of my way to work with dcm and when it came time to pay the real rate, haven't heard from her since.
LysesKids 04:34 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
OH I love the gift card idea. How exactly did you KNOW they read it and how did you give the gift card? I charge a $25 enrollment fee but would gladly gift that back to an awesome family!
... yeah I want to know also where in the policies this was placed lol. Love the idea
AmyKidsCo 04:43 PM 09-04-2014
OK, who blabbed?

The mom just emailed me saying she was dropping off the money and the rest of the paperwork tomorrow.
midaycare 04:53 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
OK, who blabbed?

The mom just emailed me saying she was dropping off the money and the rest of the paperwork tomorrow.

Thriftylady 05:31 PM 09-04-2014
Well color me amazed!
Shell 05:44 PM 09-04-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have a new family that is starting on MOnday. PT

i have already had two full meetings with them. We have signed all contracts and went over the PHB and contract 100%.

today DCM has sent me about 9 emails asking all of these questions that I already went over in our 2 meetings. she did take notes too. I gave her a copy of everything she signed.

I did tell her, I know that we discussed a lot of information, you can always resort to your PHB to help answer these questions....NOPE, SHE KEEPS EMAILING ME.

I am having a bad feeling about this....I hope that I don't regret it!!!!!
The only parent that I have ever had do this wound up bailing at the last minute. I spent so much time on the phone, answering emails, and meeting all sorts of extended family- I was exhausted! I had a bad feeling about the whole thing the whole time, too. My advice...run!
Mister Sir Husband 09:04 PM 09-04-2014
I love the gift card idea.. and actually sounds simple enough to do. I would simply choose a section of the contract that you perhaps feel is especially important that they really read and simply add a line in there somewhere that says a gift card can be collected from you upon signing and returning this contract. You will know the ones that actually read it as they will be the ones who ask about the card.
daycare 09:07 PM 09-04-2014
I think it's MV who has something like this in her PHB.

The thing is, is that we went over the PHB 100% of it. So I don't get the million questions.
Blackcat31 05:59 AM 09-05-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I think it's MV who has something like this in her PHB.

The thing is, is that we went over the PHB 100% of it. So I don't get the million questions.
I posted about my friend adding in the line in her handbook that if parents found that sentence, they got $$ off their next invoice in one of the very first posts I made when I joined this forum.

I've implemented the same thing since my provider friend first told me about it. Its about 50/50 that parents find the "discount" or not.

As for your prospective family:

I would just straight up ask her what the deal is.. send her an e-mail reply similar to this:

Dear DCM

Hello Jane! I just wanted to check in with you as I am getting the impression from your multiple e-mails that you have either not read my program policies or you are not clearly understanding them.

While I appreciate your requests for clarification, this information was all discussed in depth during our interview as well as included in my Parent Handbook.

However, if after referring to my handbook in regards to your concerns, you feel you are still needing further explanation of my program policies I would be happy to schedule another sit down conference and go over these things with you again.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed as I want all families enrolled in ABC Child Care to feel comfortable and confident in my program.

Sincerely

Daycare Provider

DaveA 06:09 AM 09-05-2014
I like BC's email idea.

I do have one question: are they 1st time parents? One of my current DCPs were this way. After a few months of overreactions (prompt care visit for first diaper rash ), they settled down. It may be nerves over leaving child in daycare causing her to be way overprotective and anal retentively detail oriented.

Good Luck
sharlan 08:49 AM 09-05-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
... yeah I want to know also where in the policies this was placed lol. Love the idea
I added the following sentence in the middle of my Pick Up and Drop Off Policy, "Highlight this sentence and receive $25 off your 3rd week's daycare fees."

I just randomly placed it.
Reply Up