Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by wicklesschick:
IDK about the rest of ya, I just got licensed so I can stay at home with my son who is almost 2. I live in Ks and apparently you can't babysit without being licensed..ugh

So now, I have 4 full time daycare kids and my son. 4,3,2,1, and 4 mo.

My youngest kiddo is still relatively new. Hes also breastfed at home which in theory is awesome. But hes bottle fed here. The mom has him on a schedule at home and proceeds to give me that schedule to do here. Fine, dandy, but the kid won't flippin eat hardly here. I've tried different positions etc..I tell mom this and she rolls her eyes...seriously...I ask if they ever bottle feed him at home. Dad does with no problems. GRRRR.... He manages to eat about 4.5 oz 2-3 times here. Drop off around 730am pick up 5. Then she brings him on her day off so she can clean her house. Fine, you pay by the week but a baby that young and breastfed shouldnt have to be here all day long...regardless if you pay or not. ALL HE DOES IS CRY. I cant do anything with any of the other kids unless hes asleep or he cries...Im so tempted to give 2 week notice!!
HELP? ADVICE?
Welcome to the forum!

If one child prevents you from caring for and providing activities with the other children, then I would terminate that child.

I am a group are provider not a nanny.
JackandJill 09:12 AM 04-21-2016
IDK about the rest of ya, I just got licensed so I can stay at home with my son who is almost 2. I live in Ks and apparently you can't babysit without being licensed..ugh

My youngest kiddo is still relatively new. Hes also breastfed at home which in theory is awesome. But hes bottle fed here. The mom has him on a schedule at home and proceeds to give me that schedule to do here. Fine, dandy, but the kid won't flippin eat hardly here. I've tried different positions etc..I tell mom this and she rolls her eyes...seriously...I ask if they ever bottle feed him at home. Dad does with no problems. GRRRR.... He manages to eat about 4.5 oz 2-3 times here. Drop off around 730am pick up 5. Then she brings him on her day off so she can clean her house. Fine, you pay by the week but a baby that young and breastfed shouldnt have to be here all day long...regardless if you pay or not. ALL HE DOES IS CRY. I cant do anything with any of the other kids unless hes asleep or he cries...Im so tempted to give 2 week notice!!
HELP? ADVICE?
I literally just went through this. I told parents that if she is still not taking a bottle, after 3 hours I will call for someone to come feed, whether it is mom to nurse or dad to bottle feed. Baby doesn't have to leave but someone has to come within the hour to feed in order for baby to stay. That was on Friday, on Monday she was slugging back bottles like a champ Sometime the parents just need to know how serious the situation is!

If that doesn't work then I agree with Black cat, I have termed over babies crying all day. It makes for a long and miserable for you, the baby and all the other kiddos! Good luck!!
Unregistered 03:08 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
New dck started on Monday. I was thorough at my interview about naps. Talked to them about a month ago, again about naps. Emailed them on Friday to remind them of our nap schedule.

Guess who won't nap for me? She comes yesterday with a note of her nap times. Morning nap time doesn't correlate to ours and her afternoon nap is "hit or miss". Noting that she goes to sleep with a bottle, which I told them is not happening, during interviews.

This child had an ok day yesterday. Today is a clingy, crying tired mess.

Why would a parent do this to their child? It is so unfair to them. She is not enjoying herself.

Having a convo with dcm tonight.
Why can't they have a bottle when they go to sleep? Especially if they are just starting out at a strange place with strange people...
LysesKids 03:12 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Why can't they have a bottle when they go to sleep? Especially if they are just starting out at a strange place with strange people...
Because of regulations for one... there has been a few threads about bottles in PnP's/cribs in the past few days - some of us are required to hold a bottle fed child; explain how we get the others down if we are tied up feeding a non napping child?
MunchkinWrangler 04:21 PM 04-21-2016
Licensing regs, take it up with your legislator! That is all!
childcaremom 06:20 PM 04-21-2016
She was rocked at home with bottle. Not happening. And she is 16 months. And it is my policy.

This was months ago. She has adjusted and sleeping well now.
daycarediva 08:54 AM 04-22-2016

HELP? ADVICE?
Give notice. Mom is not willing to work with you and the child is HUNGRY and unhappy. In my state, infants must be fed on demand, no schedules. When I took infants, I required them to show me a full bottle feeding before leaving baby in my care. I didn't just take their word for it.
Miss A 09:02 AM 04-22-2016
Day number 2 of this migraine and tossing my cookies because of it. I care for mostly infants, so they don't mind, but I sure am tired of it! Very laid back day today, only 2 kiddos, thank goodness!
lovemydaycare0912 04:46 AM 04-26-2016
Yesterday I had a dcm (her mom has temp. custody but she comes with her to pick up dcb) ask me what do I consider late for dcb. I was confused so I asked what she meant. She said as far as pick up goes like is it 5:05 or what. So I said, well his time to be picked up is by 5:00 p.m. so anytime after 5 is late. I was confused lol .
Josiegirl 10:19 AM 04-26-2016
Snow???? Are you serious??? Where was it on Christmas Day and why did it come this morning when most parents 'forgot' to bring hats, mittens, boots??? It snowed all morning. Yes it was pretty and felt like the 1st snowfall. But it's APRIL 26th!!!
childcaremom 10:25 AM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Snow???? Are you serious??? Where was it on Christmas Day and why did it come this morning when most parents 'forgot' to bring hats, mittens, boots??? It snowed all morning. Yes it was pretty and felt like the 1st snowfall. But it's APRIL 26th!!!
They are calling for flurries overnight.

Today we are dressed for a gorgeous spring day (jackets and splash pants) and wearing sunscreen. I've already sent home all the winter stuff and refuse to let it back in the house.
Unregistered 10:31 AM 04-26-2016
If kids don't eat their lunch, okay. If kids ask for seconds and then don't eat them, that's annoying.

If kids have an accident, okay. If kids have a poop accident and choose to ignore it, go about their business, and then lie about whether it happened to get out of cleaning themselves up, that's annoying. I wouldn't put someone in time out for having an accident, but that kid is in time out for not dealing with it.
Unregistered 11:19 PM 04-26-2016
Dcb rolled his eyes at me. I told him that wasn't okay, and he rolled his eyes again. Dcb took a break to reconsider his attitude. (The attitude this child throws around, I don't know where it comes from. Eye rolling, mocking faces, etc. His mother is a lovely woman, so nice, genuinely too.)
childcaremom 04:34 AM 04-27-2016
They are calling for flurries overnight.

Today we are dressed for a gorgeous spring day (jackets and splash pants) and wearing sunscreen. I've already sent home all the winter stuff and refuse to let it back in the house.
We have snow on the ground and winter gear back in the cubbies.

Although I was driving home from class last night, past the lake, which had fog coming up and the pine trees along the edge were lightly dusted with snow.... it was picture perfect. For January. Not the tail end of April.
lovemydaycare0912 04:41 AM 04-28-2016
Parent is traveling over the weekend and coming back Tuesday which means she still has that day off from work. Wants to bring in dcb when after she lands. Normally this wouldn't be a problem if it was like 9am that he was arriving here. She wants to come during nap time so after 1230pm....! Uh no. Sorry. That is my break time. That is when I get stuff done. I refuse to have a child come in that is not going to nap and is going to wake everyone else up. I don't think parents think like that. Sweet mom, I'm not mad just had to say No.
Snowmom 09:57 AM 04-28-2016
I am in such a mood today!

Next week is my vacation and every single family has brought a sick child into my home this week.
I've sent one kid home Tuesday who puked all over the kitchen table, one kid home for uncontrollable coughing and one kid home for a fever.
Lo and behold, I feel crummy today.
I want to swear up a storm if I end up spending my vacation in bed sick.
Febby 08:28 PM 04-29-2016
I had 52 hours on my time card for last week and yet my paycheck was for 40 hours. And, of course, I didn't notice until about an hour ago so I can't do anything about it until Monday. I've never been shorted on a paycheck before (and I can get overtime whenever I want) so I'm assuming it was an honest mistake. Our administrators have been in/out with illness all week. Buuuuuuuuut I had been planning to use that overtime money to buy concert tickets for DH's birthday. It just figures that things would get screwed up the ONE time I actually really wanted to buy something.
Boymom 06:20 PM 05-02-2016
Alright, I'm getting really tired of a family not paying me on time. I normally get paid weekly, but this particular family likes to pay monthly. (Probably because they definitely couldn't remember to pay weekly!)

Well I was supposed to get paid today. I always have to send them a text or talk to them at drop off or pick-up reminding them that it's the beginning of another month. You would think they would put a reminder in their phone!!! Time to send home invoices which I should have done in the first place...
LysesKids 04:04 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Boymom:
Alright, I'm getting really tired of a family not paying me on time. I normally get paid weekly, but this particular family likes to pay monthly. (Probably because they definitely couldn't remember to pay weekly!)

Well I was supposed to get paid today. I always have to send them a text or talk to them at drop off or pick-up reminding them that it's the beginning of another month. You would think they would put a reminder in their phone!!! Time to send home invoices which I should have done in the first place...
Personally I would turn them away at the door until they come back with the pay... I get paid in advance BY THE MONTH; my parents all paid me last Friday @ pick up because the 1st was a Sunday. NO PAY, NO STAY... same goes on Fridays if they decide to pay weekly... no pay, no care on Monday. rinse and repeat until they get it
Indoorvoice 07:38 AM 05-04-2016
It's nephew's last week of care here this week. So far they took Monday off last minute and fought about paying me for it, showed up past my cut off drop off time Tuesday and picked up 5 minutes late, and dropped off 10 minutes before I opened this morning with nephew in a poopy diaper and a mouth full of food (they live less than a mile from me). Can't wait to see what is in store for me for the next 2 days. Yay for an end in sight!
Ariana 12:12 AM 05-07-2016

Invoices AND late payment fees and a firm reminder that persistant late payments coukd result in termination without notice
Hunni Bee 01:36 PM 05-09-2016
Sorry dcb, that the only movie you like and want to watch is The Lion King. But that's not on Netflix for free, so we are watching a different one for our Movie Day. Everybody else likes it, so you're not going whine and say it's scary over and over when its not. Feel free to play, but now stop whining about playing alone.
Unregistered 10:19 PM 05-09-2016
Not exactly daycare related but seriously all day since the end of daycare today my 5 yr old DS has argued with me over everything. Just once I would like to give a direction and not have it challenged! No, we don't talk to strangers, get out of the tub NOW, turn the tv off now, etc. And now, STAY IN BED. I'm being a mean mommy but he has exhausted my patience this evening.
Shawn 05:17 PM 05-11-2016
You met the parents during the interview. They seem like the happy couple. After a year of caring for their child, they have a big fight and break up. Now I have an upset 4 yr old dck who is now pooping in her pants every day. Mom and dad can't seem to remember which parent is suppose to be picking the child up today or whose turn it is to pay. Mom is mad at dad so wants to vent for 20 mins. Dad is mad at mom and tells you to collect the late pickup fee from her since she forgot to pick up on time. Now mom is claiming dad doesn't wasn't to pick up on Thursdays so the dck will have to stay at least 20 mins after closing. And dad has to pay the late fee because he is going back on his promise to the mom. According to mom. I'm over it!
Thriftylady 05:24 PM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by Shawn:
You met the parents during the interview. They seem like the happy couple. After a year of caring for their child, they have a big fight and break up. Now I have an upset 4 yr old dck who is now pooping in her pants every day. Mom and dad can't seem to remember which parent is suppose to be picking the child up today or whose turn it is to pay. Mom is mad at dad so wants to vent for 20 mins. Dad is mad at mom and tells you to collect the late pickup fee from her since she forgot to pick up on time. Now mom is claiming dad doesn't wasn't to pick up on Thursdays so the dck will have to stay at least 20 mins after closing. And dad has to pay the late fee because he is going back on his promise to the mom. According to mom. I'm over it!
Tell them to leave you out of it, you don't want to hear a word. You are their for the child, not their drama. As far as pick ups tell them you want a written plan every Friday for the next week, if you don't have it, no care Monday morning until you do. As far as payment, have ONE parent in charge. The dad can give money to mom, or mom can give money to dad, but ONE of them needs to be responsible for payment.
Mike 05:24 PM 05-11-2016
Their problems are rolling over to you. Just remember, you're running a business. You have your rules and conditions. Stick to them. If they can't work out their issues around your rules and conditions, they need to find someone else that will be a better fit for their circumstances.
finsup 05:36 PM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by Shawn:
Who is it that has the really good divorce letter for parents? Black cat maybe? Good luck, I have so little patience for behavior like that!
LysesKids 05:49 PM 05-11-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Who is it that has the really good divorce letter for parents? Black cat maybe? Good luck, I have so little patience for behavior like that!
I believe BC has the letter, I have something similar to her letter in my policies... I got tired of the garbage, especially after one incident many years ago. I have only had one issue since & it got shut down the first week ( 3 years ago). I hate that it's needed, but Nowen days everything needs spelling out. Will gladly share if PM'd
Missjaime 01:00 PM 05-12-2016
Oh man, folks, this day. I have a DCG who cries until she throws up whenever she gets upset. I mean, throw up, for real. Usually its because I have told her no or told her to do something she doesn't want to do. Today it was because I finally moved her away from the other kids at lunch because she was constantly grabbing people and their food and generally fooling around. I had warned her a bunch of times, so when she did it again I went over and moved her chair. She started crying and screaming - the other kids look at me and go "here she goes". Ha, they even know its going to happen. Sure enough, out comes her lunch, all over what's left of her lunch.
Really struggling to like her right now.
Controlled Chaos 08:10 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Missjaime:
Oh man, folks, this day. I have a DCG who cries until she throws up whenever she gets upset. I mean, throw up, for real. Usually its because I have told her no or told her to do something she doesn't want to do. Today it was because I finally moved her away from the other kids at lunch because she was constantly grabbing people and their food and generally fooling around. I had warned her a bunch of times, so when she did it again I went over and moved her chair. She started crying and screaming - the other kids look at me and go "here she goes". Ha, they even know its going to happen. Sure enough, out comes her lunch, all over what's left of her lunch.
that's rough!
Claraskids 06:56 AM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Missjaime:
I have a dcb2 who likes to do this, but is getting better. I have made him responsible for cleaning up his puke as much as possible. He hates that! Also, when I sense that he is heading in that direction, I set him on a plastic chair in a middle of the tile floor with a bucket and just let him at it. It contains the mess better, and he doesn't get as much negative reinforcement/attention. The other kids just leave the room.
He plays the same attention trick at home and mom is at her wit's end.
Play Care 08:25 AM 05-13-2016
Not DC related.

We had a death in the family this week and the services are tomorrow. My sister, who lives outside of Atlanta, was supposed to fly in today so she could attend. She is ALWAYS late and has missed flights in the past.
Of course she waltzes in to the Atlanta airport at 8:15 for an 8:50 flight and then doesn't get through security in time.
She's all upset and texting up a storm.

The rest of us are over it.

Your cousin died, and you couldn't get your butt moving a few minutes earlier to make your flight?! And now you're complaining because the airline attendant is being "condescending" Really. Grow up.
Unregistered 10:04 AM 05-13-2016
I did something SOOO stupid today. I am kicking myself and feel so incredibly horrible.
I sent a venting text meant for my husband to the daycare family I was venting about.
Yep, I did that.
I was one of those stupid people.
It was BAAAAAD.

I apologized by text and by voicemail and explained the situation (by voicemail).
But, I wouldn't blame them for pulling their kids.
I haven't heard anything back in the last 2.5 hours. I feel sick. Really sick. I deserve a swift kick in the rear while burning my phone.
LysesKids 10:14 AM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Not DC related.

We had a death in the family this week and the services are tomorrow. My sister, who lives outside of Atlanta, was supposed to fly in today so she could attend. She is ALWAYS late and has missed flights in the past.
Of course she waltzes in to the Atlanta airport at 8:15 for an 8:50 flight and then doesn't get through security in time.
She's all upset and texting up a storm.

The rest of us are over it.

Your cousin died, and you couldn't get your butt moving a few minutes earlier to make your flight?! And now you're complaining because the airline attendant is being "condescending" Really. Grow up.
So sorry ... ((hugs))
Silly Songs 04:21 PM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
I have a dcb2 who likes to do this, but is getting better. I have made him responsible for cleaning up his puke as much as possible. He hates that! Also, when I sense that he is heading in that direction, I set him on a plastic chair in a middle of the tile floor with a bucket and just let him at it. It contains the mess better, and he doesn't get as much negative reinforcement/attention. The other kids just leave the room.
He plays the same attention trick at home and mom is at her wit's end.
I was under the impression children shouldn't be cleaning vomit or other body fluids.
Claraskids 06:45 PM 05-13-2016
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
I was under the impression children shouldn't be cleaning vomit or other body fluids.
If it was another person's bodily fluids, common sense would say absolutely not. Of course! But this came from his own body, it's on his own clothes, and on his own favorite blanket (if it happens at nap time). Obviously, he will come into contact with it at some point no matter what. He can certainly assist in removing his clothes and placing them in a "go-home" bag. He can place paper towels over his own vomit. Of course, I do the major cleaning just so it gets done in a sanitary way, but I do expect all the children to take responsibility for their own actions.
Controlled Chaos 09:44 PM 05-13-2016
I did something SOOO stupid today. I am kicking myself and feel so incredibly horrible.
I sent a venting text meant for my husband to the daycare family I was venting about.
Yep, I did that.
I was one of those stupid people.
It was BAAAAAD.

I apologized by text and by voicemail and explained the situation (by voicemail).
But, I wouldn't blame them for pulling their kids.
I haven't heard anything back in the last 2.5 hours. I feel sick. Really sick. I deserve a swift kick in the rear while burning my phone.
Big fear of mine. Hope it works out for you. Either way - give yourself a break. We all make mistakes. A daycare dad sent me a sext meant for his wife last week we pretended it didnt happen.... not the same I know, just wish I could buy you a drink...
Blackcat31 07:53 AM 05-14-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
If it was another person's bodily fluids, common sense would say absolutely not. Of course! But this came from his own body, it's on his own clothes, and on his own favorite blanket (if it happens at nap time). Obviously, he will come into contact with it at some point no matter what. He can certainly assist in removing his clothes and placing them in a "go-home" bag. He can place paper towels over his own vomit. Of course, I do the major cleaning just so it gets done in a sanitary way, but I do expect all the children to take responsibility for their own actions.
I'd have your licensor put that in writing.

My friend was just issued a TIS and part of what she's in trouble for is having kids clean up their own vomit.

I think if it's your own child it's a completely different story....but if it's a daycare child then I don't think it's appropriate.
mommyneedsadayoff 09:51 AM 05-14-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'd have your licensor put that in writing.

My friend was just issued a TIS and part of what she's in trouble for is having kids clean up their own vomit.

I think if it's your own child it's a completely different story....but if it's a daycare child then I don't think it's appropriate.
I see a lot of people who make their older kids who poop/pee their pants have to clean up their own mess (with some assistance if necessary). Would that get someone written up to? Is it the same because it is a bodily fluid? I was just curious. Either way, I can't handle the vomit stuff too often, so I don't think I could care for a kid who does it on purpose all the time. I am gagging a little just thinking about it
Blackcat31 12:44 PM 05-14-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I see a lot of people who make their older kids who poop/pee their pants have to clean up their own mess (with some assistance if necessary). Would that get someone written up to? Is it the same because it is a bodily fluid? I was just curious. Either way, I can't handle the vomit stuff too often, so I don't think I could care for a kid who does it on purpose all the time. I am gagging a little just thinking about it
I dont know... I personally don't think it's a huge deal overall but according to licensing its a "hazardous" substance.... something we aren't suppose to allow kids to have purposeful contact with.

It was explained to us as "anything we're required to wear gloves for or to sanitize afterwards/use bleach"

It's as clear as mud for sure.
lovemydaycare0912 09:18 PM 05-15-2016
Just finished printing out new handbooks and letters to parents. Let's see how it goes.
Boymom 12:48 PM 05-18-2016
So it's great and all that my husband wants our yard to look good, but really with mowing during NAP time?! The baby woke up and is pissed. This should be an interesting afternoon!
lovemydaycare0912 06:37 PM 05-18-2016
So it's great and all that my husband wants our yard to look good, but really with mowing during NAP time?! The baby woke up and is pissed. This should be an interesting afternoon!
I would have been soon upset at him! Hope it wasn't too crazy.
Play Care 05:16 AM 05-19-2016
I finally sent out notice that I will no longer serve breakfast. Mostly because kids are coming in already fed, so my meal was going in the trash. Despite this, I expect the b!$%& fest to begin in 3...2...1...
Snowmom 07:24 AM 05-19-2016
I finally sent out notice that I will no longer serve breakfast. Mostly because kids are coming in already fed, so my meal was going in the trash. Despite this, I expect the b!$%& fest to begin in 3...2...1...
lol. Good for you.
I threw away an entire batch of pancakes this morning (They were already leftovers and frozen from Monday when only two showed up for breakfast). So, I feel your pain. I hate throwing out food.
Play Care 03:06 AM 05-20-2016
I am having a hard time filling upcoming spots and part of the issue is that I just don't have it in me. I'm tired of the wear and tear on my home, tired of feeling as though I have to "do it all" tired of feeling nickeled and dimed, tired of the disrespect, tired of licensing and my home not being just my home, etc.
Boymom 04:20 AM 05-20-2016
I might do this too! They just sit there looking at their food, especially the one that just had muffins in the car...and they say over and over, "I don't want it..."
lovemydaycare0912 04:57 AM 05-20-2016
I might do this too! They just sit there looking at their food, especially the one that just had muffins in the car...and they say over and over, "I don't want it..."
Maybe you could do am snack, lunch, and pm snack or lunch, pm, and dinner.
Play Care 05:02 AM 05-20-2016
Yes! And then they would be starving at 9/9:30.
What I am doing is essentially moving my breakfast time to then since it's a higher reimbursement than snack.
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 05-20-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Maybe you could do am snack, lunch, and pm snack or lunch, pm, and dinner.
Yes! And then they would be starving at 9/9:30.
What I am doing is essentially moving my breakfast time to then since it's a higher reimbursement than snack.
Thats what I've always done. Most my kiddos eat a granola bar or something on the way here so I made it clear to parents that I do NOT serve breakfast.

I also want parents to serve breakfast to their child because that is a good time in the morning to actually LOOK at their child and assess their overall condition for the day.

I serve breakfast (according to the food program) but A.M Snack (as explained to parents) so I stress to them upon enrollment that the first snack is NOT served here until 9:00 a.m. so I don't want to hear that their child is hungry before then.

Works awesome and I wish I would have always done it that way as I am amazed at what a stress reducer it is.
Play Care 05:15 AM 05-24-2016
So today my 5 yo dcg "diva" asked if breakfast was over. I reminded her that I no longer serve breakfast and she should have eaten at home (which I'm sure she did but I forgot to ask) She then asks, "Does the State tell you that you HAVE to serve breakfast?" in a tone implying I'm pulling a fast one.
Controlled Chaos 07:34 AM 05-24-2016
Thats what I've always done. Most my kiddos eat a granola bar or something on the way here so I made it clear to parents that I do NOT serve breakfast.

I also want parents to serve breakfast to their child because that is a good time in the morning to actually LOOK at their child and assess their overall condition for the day.

I serve breakfast (according to the food program) but A.M Snack (as explained to parents) so I stress to them upon enrollment that the first snack is NOT served here until 9:00 a.m. so I don't want to hear that their child is hungry before then.

Works awesome and I wish I would have always done it that way as I am amazed at what a stress reducer it is.
I do the same, I serve berakfast at 9am, most kids arrive between 7:30 and 8:30, they all eat something at home with their folks, but "breakfast" here later helps out the kiddos who were too sleepy to eat much and then they can make it until noon for lunch. They all eat it pretty well, since its so late.
nannyde 05:10 AM 05-25-2016
So today my 5 yo dcg "diva" asked if breakfast was over. I reminded her that I no longer serve breakfast and she should have eaten at home (which I'm sure she did but I forgot to ask) She then asks, "Does the State tell you that you HAVE to serve breakfast?" in a tone implying I'm pulling a fast one.
"What's the State? I've never heard of that before."

Someone is spouting mom words
Play Care 09:11 AM 05-26-2016
Originally Posted by nannyde:
"What's the State? I've never heard of that before."

Someone is spouting mom words
It's actually my own fault. I've use the "state" when I talk to the kids about who my "real" boss is so I think she picked it up from me.
Play Care 09:14 AM 05-26-2016
Apparently my license rep came yesterday during nap time. I was dealing with a night terror and did not answer the door (I thought it was a Fed Ex I'd been waiting on) but this is the second time she's come during nap - the first time I was in the bathroom and had no idea she'd been until I got the letter

Now I have to call her to set up an appointment
Missjaime 05:43 PM 05-26-2016
When that kid you wish would have gotten picked up early today is instead the last one here, and gets picked up exactly one minute past closing time *sigh*
NillaWafers 12:45 PM 05-27-2016
Nobody is sleeping, my son is in the living room making tons of noise and threw a fit when I told him he had to go to my room. DCG is in the living room cus she didn't sleep at all yesterday so I'm trying to make sure she does today. I've had 3 hours of sleep due to my teething 4-month-old who has only had 30 mins of sleep today.

Threedayweekend.Threedayweekend.Threedayweekend.
Baby Beluga 12:51 PM 05-27-2016
Why does my husband wait until lunch is over, the kitchen is clean and the children are napping to start cooking in the kitchen. He is so #$%^& loud too.
Febby 08:41 PM 05-27-2016
If one more parent comes wandering into my classroom whining about the fact that their child hasn't been transitioned into my class yet, I'm going to lose my mind. My class is 100% full. There will be no room until school starts in August. Get in line. Don't like it? Go whine to the front office. They make the classroom assignments.

P.S. Your child isn't having difficulties in his current room because he's been there too long and he's bored. I've seen your child and boredom is not the issue. Plus, said child has been having difficulties since he came to the center back in one of the 2 year old rooms...

BUT HEY AT LEAST IT'S FRIDAY!
Unregistered 10:16 PM 05-31-2016
Ugggggggggggggggggh just found out today that the 45lb 2 year old I thought left is coming back tomorrow. (I work in a center)
I had patience with this boy at first, giving him time to learn to be in a group setting, etc. Now I feel like he suffers from a total lack of stability, like no one probably pays him much attention at home and he gets away with whatever. He is bigger than most of the other kids, plays too rough (hands on kids necks, etc) and doesn't listen and acts like it's cute. I do not want him back in my class.
DaveA 07:33 AM 06-01-2016
You never realize how many times DCKs step on your feet till you break a toe.
Annalee 08:44 AM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
A few years ago I had a daycare kid scoot over my little toe and pulled it to the side and broke it.....While I was calling someone to take me to bone/joint clinic, the kids were all laying on the floor saying "look at ms.xxxx toe, it is pointed the wrong way"....Health class for that day, I guess"....since that time I always wear shoes at daycare!
daycarediva 09:53 AM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
A few years ago I had a daycare kid scoot over my little toe and pulled it to the side and broke it.....While I was calling someone to take me to bone/joint clinic, the kids were all laying on the floor saying "look at ms.xxxx toe, it is pointed the wrong way"....Health class for that day, I guess"....since that time I always wear shoes at daycare!
Originally Posted by DaveA:

I had a kid rip my big toe nail off (actually pushed it so far back it came up/off, with a scooter. Dcm wasn't even surprised and I had to be MEAN with the fact that if it was a kid, or me again, he would be DONE/
Unregistered 01:23 PM 06-01-2016
Circle time was a disaster today. Felt like a failure. And then people who don't do my job every day (I have the 2 year olds) give me suggestions because it's easy to look back and say it but in the moment you don't have that perspective...
LysesKids 05:54 PM 06-02-2016
First my car needed almost $900 repair (Tuesday - this was actually pre-planned last month), then my smartphone went haywire & won't charge (we tried 10 different chargers, wall & car since last Saturday), now while in Wash DC last weekend, or sometime in one of the storms this week (Like last night), I have had roof tiles ripped off & a hole just waiting to suck the next storm down my walls... I have no more $$$. Not enough to call the ins co, (they screwed me on a claim last FEB during the ice storm), but yeah - my credit card will be wiped out and the only funds for my July closing... lets just say my grand babies may not see Nana this year
NillaWafers 07:05 AM 06-03-2016
Ugh. DCG with "allergies" didn't come yesterday because she really has a cold. I now have that cold, and have been up since 4:30 with my teething almost 5 month old. I didn't go back to sleep because same DCG is supposed to be here at 6:30. Nope. And I bet she's gonna be here at 8 cus her dad is now dropping off and nobody told me. I really needed that extra sleep.
Unregistered 08:04 AM 06-03-2016
I'm new to doing daycare and didn't realize just how hard it would be to deal with parents and their oddities. I have to try really hard to keep my mouth shut and not laugh.

I have one little boy who is a year now and he is a 'highly sensitive' child with anxious parents. It's a struggle. His mom is always worried that he gets a little behind on some of the milestones. With his 1 year check up coming up she was concerned that he didn't clap at all. She had been bringing it up quite a bit. We do little songs and things where we clap and he just never seems interested. After the appointment the mom was talking about it to me and said that the pediatrician wasn't concerned about it because the parents never clapped for him and suggested they start so he can mimick. So this whole time the mom is worried that he can't clap and hadn't been showing him how. 😑

My other 1 year old is really attached to his binky. I usually let him do what he wants with it and only find it for him at nap time. Today his dad for the first time says that they need to get rid of it. I mentioned that he doesn't use it as much lately and maybe to try not offering it as much. He said 'oh,good idea. We were told we should just give him a sucker instead.' Face palm. 😑 Because replacing a piece of silicone with candy is good idea. All I need is a toddler who won't nap unless he can suck on candy. Lol I will be discouraging that route.
Unregistered 04:53 PM 06-03-2016
One of my do families really stretches my hours from 6:30 to 5/5:30 now that I live closer to their house than their work. I allow it because they were my first family and have a second on the way. I do know that the mom gets off early on Fridays though and used to pick up at 2:30/3. Now that I'm closer to home than to her work she will take advantage of the time and run errands and pick up at 5 like any other day. I want my early Friday's back. It made up for the long hours the rest of the week.
racemom 06:40 PM 06-09-2016
Circle time was a disaster today. Felt like a failure. And then people who don't do my job every day (I have the 2 year olds) give me suggestions because it's easy to look back and say it but in the moment you don't have that perspective...
Take a week off, and everyone will think you're a miracle worker!! Everytime I come back from vacation, everyone who fills in for me tells me it was crazy and they don't know how I do it everyday.
Play Care 05:33 AM 06-10-2016
I am over just about everything.
Yesterday my 3.5 yo delayed dcb (though mom is in complete denial) had a BM accident. And while accidents happen this was directly caused by his severe speech delay and probably compounded by other (un-diagnosed) delays.
Already today I've had to insist he use the bathroom because it was clear he had to go, but didn't want to. I see now he's doing the "I don't want to poop but I really have to" dance.

I am over the school year for my own kids. I am tired of homework, projects and teachers who think an IEP is "voluntary" I am tired of running my kids to lacrosse practice and spending Saturdays in all day round robin tourneys.

I am tired of my husband suggesting things for me to do as if I do nothing around the house. And yet when I suggest he scrub a toilet, mop the floors or run a vacuum, its not the same thing.
childcaremom 06:05 AM 06-10-2016
I am over just about everything.
Yesterday my 3.5 yo delayed dcb (though mom is in complete denial) had a BM accident. And while accidents happen this was directly caused by his severe speech delay and probably compounded by other (un-diagnosed) delays.
Already today I've had to insist he use the bathroom because it was clear he had to go, but didn't want to. I see now he's doing the "I don't want to poop but I really have to" dance.

I am over the school year for my own kids. I am tired of homework, projects and teachers who think an IEP is "voluntary" I am tired of running my kids to lacrosse practice and spending Saturdays in all day round robin tourneys.

I am tired of my husband suggesting things for me to do as if I do nothing around the house. And yet when I suggest he scrub a toilet, mop the floors or run a vacuum, its not the same thing.
I hear you on everything!

My ds also just got a project. Due in one week. Build a model greenhouse out of lego complete with small plants and record temperatures and keep track of fluctuations. Oh and it can't be larger than a shoebox. Um ok. "The kids are excited" she says. Not mine. And not me. I can't wait for this teacher's 3 kids to be in the school system.
Silly Songs 11:42 PM 06-11-2016
Childcare mom , when is the last day of school on your area ?
childcaremom 04:49 AM 06-12-2016
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Childcare mom , when is the last day of school on your area ?
June 29. I'm in Canada, though. And we don't go back until Sept.
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 06-12-2016
June 29. I'm in Canada, though. And we don't go back until Sept.
So the kids are only out of school for summer for July and August?

Our last day of school was Friday June 3 and they don't go back until Tursday Sept 6.
childcaremom 07:21 AM 06-12-2016

Our last day of school was Friday June 3 and they don't go back until Tursday Sept 6.
Don't let my kids hear that!

We go back on Sept 8th. Summer is short and sweet.

We have 2 weeks off at Christmas and 1 off for March Break. Maybe that's why?
Rockgirl 08:29 AM 06-12-2016
Don't let my kids hear that!

We go back on Sept 8th. Summer is short and sweet.

We have 2 weeks off at Christmas and 1 off for March Break. Maybe that's why?
Most US schools have that, too. Our school year here is usually end of August till Memorial Day, although sometimes we go the week after Memorial Day.
Annalee 10:32 AM 06-12-2016
our last day was May 20, but we return to school on August 5....
Unregistered 10:40 AM 06-12-2016
Our last day was 6/7 and they start back 8/31. Minnesota.
Blackcat31 01:06 PM 06-12-2016
Our last day was 6/7 and they start back 8/31. Minnesota.
Where in MN do you live?

"The Legislature first mandated statewide post-Labor Day school starts in 1985. The law was amended in 1997 to accommodate years where Labor Day fell later on the calendar. In 1998, schools were allowed to start their academic calendar no earlier than Sept. 1. But the post-Labor Day mandate was re-enacted in 2005.

Some schools are allowed exemptions, for example due to construction timelines, to start their school year earlier, but must seek approval from the Department of Education. Charter schools and private schools are allowed to start classes before Labor Day.

Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia are the only three states to have mandatory post-Labor Day school state laws"

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/ses...x?StoryID=5410
Unregistered 02:23 PM 06-12-2016
Minneapolis. There is always something "under construction" in a large district. It's dumb that they can use this loophole to apply the calendar to the whole district but they have been for several years. It messes with family vacations, and the state fair. Families have either accepted it or their kids just miss school.
Most likely the unstated reasons are to get more school days in, but some years schools have to close due to extreme heat during the late summer days. Some buildings are old and have no a/c. One year they said there would be bottled water and fans available. Each school got 1-3 cases of water (nowhere near enough) and they asked teachers to bring in their own fans. In the end they had to close school for 3 days I think.
Waiting until after Labor Day makes a big difference, at least most years it does.
Blackcat31 04:18 PM 06-12-2016
Minneapolis. There is always something "under construction" in a large district. It's dumb that they can use this loophole to apply the calendar to the whole district but they have been for several years. It messes with family vacations, and the state fair. Families have either accepted it or their kids just miss school.
Most likely the unstated reasons are to get more school days in, but some years schools have to close due to extreme heat during the late summer days. Some buildings are old and have no a/c. One year they said there would be bottled water and fans available. Each school got 1-3 cases of water (nowhere near enough) and they asked teachers to bring in their own fans. In the end they had to close school for 3 days I think.
Waiting until after Labor Day makes a big difference, at least most years it does.
I think each school board should be allowed to set up whatever calendar works for their school district as long as they all meet basic requirements for attendance days etc.
Thriftylady 04:55 PM 06-12-2016
We get out of school in late May, but always start by Aug 12 or 15th. We get 3 days for spring break and a ten day stretch for Christmas.
Unregistered 05:30 PM 06-12-2016
I think each school board should be allowed to set up whatever calendar works for their school district as long as they all meet basic requirements for attendance days etc.
And don't have kids with heat exhaustion.
Play Care 03:09 AM 06-13-2016

I'm in NY, this is the last full week of school, next week they go Monday for a full day and then two half days. We go back after Labor Day. But we get a week in February for winter break, a week in April for Spring break and all Federal Holidays off. I've said before tha I'd rather we not get all the Fed holidays if it meant we got out earlier in June.
finsup 05:49 AM 06-13-2016
Dcb is back from vacation and is borderline sick. not enough to justifiably send him home but enough where I'm thinking great, thanks. We have our vacation next week and that's going to be SO much fun if the kids catch it.
Just stinks, I can't do anything about it except wash hands about a million times more then normal. And I'm not really mad at them, they aren't breaking sick policy (as long as he doesn't spike a fever after nap...) just bad timing
Second Home 05:57 AM 06-14-2016
Sorry , if you write me a check and date it for Thursday when payment is due on Monday . You will be paying late fees until I am able to cash the check or you replace it with cash.
finsup 09:59 AM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Sorry , if you write me a check and date it for Thursday when payment is due on Monday . You will be paying late fees until I am able to cash the check or you replace it with cash.
I had to put in my policies "checks MUST have the correct date" for this very reason Do it once and you're switched over to cash payments only. I don't like sneakiness
Baby Beluga 12:42 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
our last day was May 20, but we return to school on August 5....
Ours is like this too.
AmyKidsCo 01:16 PM 06-14-2016
As I'm starting to type that today has been so sucky my friend texted me a photo of her dcb's hand "Is this hand foot and mouth?" I think it is.

Guess my day could be worse...
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 06-14-2016
I sometimes feel like an Echo.

It's one thing to take my advice but to post it elsewhere as if it's yours irks me to no end.

I am also finding myself annoyed at providers that post looking for support, assistance and suggestions and then take on a completely different persona depending on where it is they are posting.
lovemydaycare0912 05:17 PM 06-14-2016

It's one thing to take my advice but to post it elsewhere as if it's yours irks me to no end.

I am also finding myself annoyed at providers that post looking for support, assistance and suggestions and then take on a completely different persona depending on where it is they are posting.
I try to take your advice as best I can. When I see someone in a situation seeking advice, esp. on FB, I give them advice based on what I think you and other wise providers on here would say.

For me, it is so much easier to give others advice. I come off confident although I know that I had to learn the hard way. Just my opinion. =]
Blackcat31 06:13 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
I try to take your advice as best I can. When I see someone in a situation seeking advice, esp. on FB, I give them advice based on what I think you and other wise providers on here would say.

For me, it is so much easier to give others advice. I come off confident although I know that I had to learn the hard way. Just my opinion. =]
Im sorry... I totally and completely understand the value of a veteran providers advice... I was a newbie too and heavily leaned on a veteran provider that I am forever indebted to...
I wasnt trying to be offensive to new providers who strive to learn and grow...

My vent was aimed at a specific provider I know from one board as being somewhat insecure, willing to take on anyone due to needing the money and totally unwilling to value herself but yet puts on the persona of being super strict and 100% business on another forum.

Its just frustrating and makes me feel like she is being less than "real"... Kwim? Totally shallow and not something I get bent out shape about normally but it just bugged me so typing it "out loud" so to speak helped.
Unregistered 06:45 PM 06-14-2016
How do you know it's me, oops, I mean how do you know it's the same person?
Blackcat31 06:51 PM 06-14-2016
How do you know it's me, oops, I mean how do you know it's the same person?
Lol!

Cuz I know her
lovemydaycare0912 04:23 AM 06-15-2016
Lol!

Cuz I know her
Oh Sorry if I seemed defensive. Thought you were talking about me too lol. But no I can't take on just anybody so I guess I'm ruled out. Haha. I get what you're saying and can see how that can be so annoying.
Play Care 05:20 AM 06-15-2016

One thing I struggle with, is that line between being professional/standing up for yourself, and letting things go at times - My IL's ran a successful seasonal ice cream business for over 30 years. My FIL talks about how his relative had a similar business that they ran into the ground. Basically by being too strict with customers. Calling the cops on customers, etc. FIL and MIL retired in their 50's, have a house here and winter at their condo in Florida. They are very financially secure. Relative and his wife are not. Living in an apartment here and still driving the same beat up car for the last 20 years.
Anyway, it's why I put up with things that bother me sometimes. But then I do have some deal breakers...
Controlled Chaos 12:22 PM 06-22-2016
All day migraine yesterday. Was in bed 9 hours but woke up with a migraine hangover feeling. Shakey and all around crappy. So I slept a little late. Someone starts banging on my door as I step out of the shower at 702. I technically open at 7 but no one ever comes before 720. So i throw on clothes and go unlock the door the mom says "I didn't realize it was so early till we got here" I'm like but you realized it and instead of shooting me a text or waiting patiently you rang the door bell repeatedly waking my whole family...cool. This particular family is not my typical 720 family, this family usually comes at 730-745.

Then licensing came for an inspection and I had to fight them on whether 2 gates or 3 separating the kids from a non child proof area was sufficient. My regular inspector had never had a problem with my set up. Luckily 2 was agreed on ( I have 3, but the one upstairs that separates the living room from the hall to the bedrooms was open because we were downstairs and behind two other gates). Good thing since our hooka was on the desk in our room...I'm pretty sure they assumed it was for illegal drugs but after I won the stupid gate battle they didn't need to search our bedroom after all. I was so embarrassed, we typically store it up high away from our kids but we smoke it on the porch the other night as we watched the strawberry moon rise and hadn't packed it back up, we really only use it a few times a year.

And it so hot, I don't think I will be able to safely drink tonight as my head is still feeling weird and I get hydrated enough. I really want a beer.

Waaaaaaaa
EntropyControlSpecialist 03:57 PM 06-22-2016
One thing I struggle with, is that line between being professional/standing up for yourself, and letting things go at times - My IL's ran a successful seasonal ice cream business for over 30 years. My FIL talks about how his relative had a similar business that they ran into the ground. Basically by being too strict with customers. Calling the cops on customers, etc. FIL and MIL retired in their 50's, have a house here and winter at their condo in Florida. They are very financially secure. Relative and his wife are not. Living in an apartment here and still driving the same beat up car for the last 20 years.
Anyway, it's why I put up with things that bother me sometimes. But then I do have some deal breakers...
I ALWAYS worry that I'm going to do this to my business by being too "strict" with the policies that the clients agreed to follow. Occasionally, I give a free pass but mostly I don't. I get really anxious about it.
Play Care 05:26 AM 06-23-2016
My first family arrived with almost 4 yo boy SCREAMING. Had it not been their last day for the summer (and possibly forever if I can get a replacement) I would have sent him out.
His brother was jumping off my couch while I was trying to
assess him. Lovely.

Two SA boys are LOUD. This is their last day here for the summer.

Literally we were forced outside because they were all being so obnoxious. my neighbors will hate me today
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 06-23-2016
My first family arrived with almost 4 yo boy SCREAMING. Had it not been their last day for the summer (and possibly forever if I can get a replacement) I would have sent him out.
His brother was jumping off my couch while I was trying to
assess him. Lovely.

Two SA boys are LOUD. This is their last day here for the summer.

Literally we were forced outside because they were all being so obnoxious. my neighbors will hate me today
Those are the days I make sure to use BOTH first and last names when redirecting so the neighbor's know they aren't mine and to whom they actually belong

I pray the day passes swiftly and without incident for you.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39  ... Last
Reply Up