Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Blah Weather!
CenterTeacher20 06:59 AM 05-14-2020
Is the weather in anyone else's area being insanely bipolar? Mid-April we had a snowstorm (after we had cleared out whole playground of snow ), then the weather warmed up into the 60's and one day about 2 weeks ago we were in the 70's! Got out all of my sandals and put my winter clothes away and now all of a sudden its just constantly cold and rainy again! I'm living in a hoodie because I'm not willing to pull out my cold-weather clothes again. Every so often we get a sunny day and no wind so it actually feels nice out... But a sunny day WITH wind is just as cold as any other cold day!

So sick of rain and yucky weather!!
Blackcat31 07:04 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Is the weather in anyone else's area being insanely bipolar? Mid-April we had a snowstorm (after we had cleared out whole playground of snow ), then the weather warmed up into the 60's and one day about 2 weeks ago we were in the 70's! Got out all of my sandals and put my winter clothes away and now all of a sudden its just constantly cold and rainy again! I'm living in a hoodie because I'm not willing to pull out my cold-weather clothes again. Every so often we get a sunny day and no wind so it actually feels nice out... But a sunny day WITH wind is just as cold as any other cold day!

So sick of rain and yucky weather!!
Oh so it's your fault!!!

It's an unwritten rule that you never ever put your winter clothes away before Memorial Day. I think we kept a shovel on the back deck last year until 4th of July.

We still have a few shadier areas that still have snow.

I don't mind the rain we are having today... it's making everything start looking less brown and more green. I am actually looking forward to mowing the lawn.
littlefriends 07:11 AM 05-14-2020
We had freezing temps at the beginning of the week and had to bring in our plants and flowers and today it's going to be 78!
CenterTeacher20 07:12 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh so it's your fault!!!
IT TOTALLY IS!
rosieteddy 09:12 AM 05-14-2020
We had to load 2 trucks in a snow squall last Saturday.
e.j. 11:21 AM 05-14-2020
We had a relatively warm winter with much less snow than usual. I thought we were in for an early spring but once spring arrived, the temperature took a dive and got colder and snowier instead. The past couple of nights have been about 30F with freeze and frost warnings. Last weekend, we had snow showers and squalls. If it hasn't snowed, it's rained and the wind has been wild. Today is near 70, sunny and breezy - more like a typical day in May. It feels so good!!
Reply Up