Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wanted to share a happy moment
snbauser 05:24 AM 06-09-2012
This year I have/had 5 of my 12 kids graduating to Kindergarten. These 5 kids have been with me for 3 years and I am really going to miss them. One of them had their last day last Friday (our graduation day). She came back yesterday to bring us thank you gifts and here is what we got:

-a photo card that had a picture collage of her in her cap and gown, her receiving her diploma, a great picture of her taken a few months ago, and a picture of her with all 3 of us teachers. On the card it said "You inspire, you challenge, you guide, you give, you praise, you listen, you encourage, you care....You are a one of a kind Teacher! Thanks for making a difference in my life. We have been so blessed to have had our A guided, loved and taught by such wonderful and caring people. Thank you for being a constant in her life."

If that wasn't enough, she then went on to give us....1 part at a time...
1. Lollie Pop – For helping me “Lick” all my problems
2. Toothpick – For helping me “Pick” out the good qualities in others and myself
3. Crayon – For “Coloring” my days bright and cheerful
4. Hugs –For all the times I needed or just wanted a hug
5. Eraser – For reminding me that everyone makes mistakes
6. Rubber Band- For being “Flexible”
7. Marbles – To replace the ones you lost (and extras, you’ll need them later
8. Lifesaver – You have been a lifesaver in so many ways
9. Paperclip – Helping me “Hold” it together when I needed it most
10. Sticker – For helping me to “Stick” with it when things got tough and for sticking by me through the years
11. Band aid – for when things got a little rough
12. Mints & 100 Grand because you are worth more than words can say
13. Tissues – for all the times you wiped my tears

And then there was more..... for each of us a huge gift basket with the following attached:
"This gift basket was created just for you!
The coffee mug is for when yours if overflowing!
Tea and bath salts to remind you to relax and take a quiet moment for yourself!
Almond Joy and Mounds for the mounds of joy you have brought to my life!
Pay Day for all you do you deserve an extra pay day!
The bag of Hugs & Kisses is to comfort you when you need it most and know that I am thinking of you!
The golden ribbon that ties it together reminds us that friendship unites all hearts!
Love, A" The basket also included a gift card for a restaurant.

It is things like this that can remind us that what we do has such a profound impact on these little lives as well as the lives of their families.
MyAngels 06:30 AM 06-09-2012
Oh my gosh, how wonderful! You must be so proud to know that you've had such an impact in these kids' lives!

Awesome
Kym2098 06:56 AM 06-09-2012
That's really sweet and beautiful!
I may want to use the idea for my daughters kindergarten teacher whom she has had for 2 yrs of preschool too.
Kiki 08:59 AM 06-09-2012
How wonderful, I am happy for you that you made that much of an impact on both the parents and the child!
Reply Up