Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Three Cheers for Friday!!!
coolconfidentme 03:26 AM 03-28-2014
This has been one long week. I'm biting my tongue & waiting until Monday before I deal with a DCM..., she makes me appreciate the value of an adult beverage.
How's your week going?
daycarediva 03:36 AM 03-28-2014
I am EXHAUSTED! Wednesday was one of the more challenging days I have had in a LONG TIME. We ended up watching a show, and we rarely do that. One of my dcms even said "TV? That bad, huh?"

Today we are going to clean our room, play outside and I am going to do lesson plans during nap. I have a lighter load (1 on vaca, 1 home after vaccinations this am, and 1 staying with a relative visiting from out of town).

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend!
DaisyMamma 04:04 AM 03-28-2014
Happy Friday. Just keep looking forward to that weekend!
Naptime yet? 04:12 AM 03-28-2014
Last week I actually called my mommy, on the verge on years because I was exhausted & stressed out. This week has been better.

Happy weekend, everyone! Spring is here!
SilverSabre25 05:00 AM 03-28-2014
I'm taking lots of deep breaths and anxiously awaiting 6 PM. My DH worked 12 hour days (8 to 8) all four days so far this week. Today he only works until 6, but I'm still worn out. My two year old has been falling asleep crazy early every day this week--I don't think he had dinner more than maybe once. So, I've been trapped at home all week and I'm feeling the burn of stir crazies.

And right now, my toddler is throwing a weird fit about something and I have no clue (as usual) when my next/last family is going to arrive, which really REALLY annoys me.
llpa 05:03 AM 03-28-2014
This week has been long and hard. I am sick with the cold that just keeps on giving and two dcb are also snotty. Over the last four weekends I've had grandkids each weekend staying over, which I love, but Grammie's tired. This weekend I can rest!!! Is it time to leave yet!?!?
Second Home 05:32 AM 03-28-2014

I have a long weekend ahead rewriting my paperwork , but I am sure it will be worth it .
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 03-28-2014
This has been a long week. *whew*

I feel like a survivor though..... I completed my re-licensing process, finished up an ECFE class I was teaching, and completed and submitted all of my paperwork for the star ratings in my state.

I am beyond grateful that Friday is finally here!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
CraftyMom 06:18 AM 03-28-2014
So happy it is Friday! I feel like it should have been Friday 2 days ago lol

This Sunday is my monthly winetasting group, maybe that's why the week dragged...waiting for Sunday!
coolconfidentme 06:26 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
So happy it is Friday! I feel like it should have been Friday 2 days ago lol

This Sunday is my monthly winetasting group, maybe that's why the week dragged...waiting for Sunday!
I love wine o'clock!!!
Cradle2crayons 06:29 AM 03-28-2014
I wish Friday was my last day of work this week lol

My weekends are always my heaviest daycare times.... Today will be semi quiet (two here right now) until 3:30 when 3 more daycare kids show up... My two kids from school... And my daughters best friend who is staying the weekend....

This is my next to the last heavy weekend though.... My three sibling sets last day is April 5th and then I can take a deep breath because I'll only have three on the weekends then.... And one don't really count because she's 4 and been with me since birth so she's one of mine now lol... She meshes so well with my program it's weird I don't even thi of her as a daycare kid.

On a more weary note I have special dcg and her 9 month old brother 24/7 until Sunday.... Really they are great easy kids.... But still work.
BumbleBee 06:43 AM 03-28-2014
Oh it's been quite the week. I desperately need to de-stress & really just want to sleep until Monday. :-)
NeedaVaca 07:23 AM 03-28-2014
It's definitely a happy Friday for me! I just found out I filled my last available spot I wasn't trying really hard to fill it because a few months ago I got super lucky filling 2 part time spots that just happened to work out perfectly basically taking one spot at double the pay! With this last spot taken I will make more money than I ever have doing daycare! Perfect timing too since we got hit hard with taxes and plumbing repairs this month...
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
It's definitely a happy Friday for me! I just found out I filled my last available spot I wasn't trying really hard to fill it because a few months ago I got super lucky filling 2 part time spots that just happened to work out perfectly basically taking one spot at double the pay! With this last spot taken I will make more money than I ever have doing daycare! Perfect timing too since we got hit hard with taxes and plumbing repairs this month...
Congratulations!
Heidi 07:26 AM 03-28-2014
Hip hip....hooray!
Cradle2crayons 07:40 AM 03-28-2014
And did I forget to mention I have one cat post neuter... One cat post neuter with a. Surprise cryptorchidism surgery to boot... And one cat post abcess surgery with penrose drains sticking out all over his back who needs round the clock medication and drain care??? Put that with special dcg and her round he clock medications... I feel like a post surgical unit at the local hospital lol......
taylorw1210 07:46 AM 03-28-2014
I cannot wait to make it through today - my group today is wound for sound and it's raining. I'll definitely need a glass of wine at 5:30!
mema 08:19 AM 03-28-2014

TGIF! Can't wait for the weekend. Baby was doing fairly well with napping last week-this week, not so much. No more than 1 hour per day for the 9 hours and 45 minutes he's here. Sunday is suppose to be in the upper 50's, windy of course, but I'll take it. We are heading to the zoo!!
TaylorTots 10:05 AM 03-28-2014
It's been an interesting one that's for sure!

Monday and Tuesday were long - last week was Spring Break and both babies were home with their teacher DCMs all week, who let the DCKs nap wherever they want and carry around sippys all day. Mon and Tues was trying to get them back onto some kind of schedule/rules and ignoring screaming pleas to be constantly held.

The babies were back to schedule on Wednesday. I termed a 4y dcg 2 weeks ago and Wednesday was her last day. We went outside for the last 15 minutes so her parents could just grab her stuff and go at pickup. DCM told DCG on her pickup "You won't see Miss A again, better give her a hug goodbye. Any child would get upset and make a scene. This child is super emotional and it became a huge ordeal - she was my last pickup so I gave a hug, said goodbye and turned and went inside as DCM was trying to gather up tantrum-throwing DCG off the ground.

Yesterday was good, even had an unexpected early pickup which was nice. I pulled a muscle in my lower back doing who knows what so today has been pretty lethargic - I am trying to relax as Monday 2 new DCKs start. After pickups today I am going to get a movie (Gravity from redbox) and a few groceries then the weekend is starting!

TGIF!
TwinKristi 10:24 AM 03-28-2014
Well today I closed because my 2yr old has been throwing up since 2am and I've been awake since... You guessed it! 2AM!!

DCD was MIA Tues after a long Spring Break because he was sick and his wife had it the week before, then a drop-in had been sick last Wed and again Sat but was here this Wed. So far he's the only casualty but he also likes to accept DCGs binky-sharing offer. Ugh!! DCM said DCG wasn't sick but she and her husband both were. Hmmm... Yet SHE spread it to my DS?? it just sucks that I'm out $135 (plus food program) next week because of this but I'd rather it be a Friday I suppose? Dh went to the store for me and is staying home and working tomorrow instead. Ugh... To top it off, DCD didn't even reply to my text this morning! Everyone else replied that they hope he feels better. DCD spreads this illness and then doesn't even reply?? Ugh! If I didn't already have one spot left to fill I would term them. They annoy me.
Oss_cc 10:39 AM 03-28-2014
Seriously TGIF. What is it with this week? Also, weather, could we maybe get ONE hour without rain? It's been pouring all week and will continue through next week apparently, with no end in sight. I want to let these cooped up munchkins outside! And have them help with gardening!
Josiegirl 11:17 AM 03-28-2014
Mmmm adult beverage.

This week seemed to have sped right by, I attended a workshop about Kindergarten Readiness the other night and absolutely loved the speaker. The dcks have all been pretty good, except an endless supply of kleenex would've been helpful.
Snow is still here ugh, but the mud is starting to ooze up through in certain places ugh again.
TGIF when we can all feel like taking a normal breath again.
Shell 11:17 AM 03-28-2014
I had to do a double take with this post. Wow, today is Friday...it's been such a long week. I am exhausted! for the weekend!
coolconfidentme 11:25 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
I had to do a double take with this post. Wow, today is Friday...it's been such a long week. I am exhausted! for the weekend!
It has been a long week!! I've been disrespected by parents & pee on by their kids....
Shell 11:37 AM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
It has been a long week!! I've been disrespected by parents & pee on by their kids....
My dh came home the other day complaining about some nonsense. I said, "dcg peed on the floor TWICE today", "dcb had 2 horrible poopy diapers, within minutes of each other", "dcg pooped her underwear and pull up, and I had to clean all of it". I know most of this is part of the job, but sometimes too much of it happens all at once! Dh put his head down, and walked away. Now that's how to end an argument

Parent disrespect: Here, too. I only have one that is a real diva. I laughed to myself when she walked in on her cell phone- Miss Important. I thought of how Nannyde said she wanted some of those parents. It really is easier to say nothing to some of the parents!
SilverSabre25 11:41 AM 03-28-2014
I'm moving into my typical Friday afternoon state of mind. "For the love of shiny things CLEAN THE HOUSE."

I clean like a madwoman during naptime (though I lazed about for half of it today, bad Silver! lol), leaving the playroom until dead last. Then clean that up and if it gets done before pick up time, they are super duper limited in what they are allowed to do until they are gone--or soon, it will be OUTSIDE until pick up. Maybe even today. I need to check the temp but it looks nice from here...
LoraJenkins 12:05 PM 03-28-2014
I've had 1 extra child all week and BOY does that throw everything off!!! My 2 yr old DCB has decided it is a good idea to flood his diapers all week (and I check diapers every hour). I mean pee on the floor, on the chair, etc. And if I hear "so and so is looking at me" one more time...I may scream. Yes, definitely a night for a bottle of adult beverage and a good night's sleep. TGIF!!!!!!!
Michael 02:33 PM 03-28-2014
Got my new license plate today and its Friday. Thank God Its FAST!
Attached: tgif.jpg (87.0 KB) 
Blackcat31 03:01 PM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
LOL~ That's good....
coolconfidentme 03:02 PM 03-28-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
sa'weeet
Josiegirl 05:16 AM 03-29-2014
Haha love the license plate!
Tags:tgif
Reply Up