Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Glove Shortage?!
Play Care 05:57 AM 03-03-2016
A while back I purchased a huge case of gloves and just ran out. I've been picking up boxes here and there but I wanted to order another large case. Yesterday when I was out, most of the stores were out of stock of gloves. One guy told me he's having a hard time getting them from his suppliers and doesn't know why.

I went online and I can buy small boxes, but I can't seem to find cases
They are so expensive buying them a box at a time, and add to the fact they are now hard to find locally
Anyone else notice this? Where are you getting your gloves?
Thriftylady 06:22 AM 03-03-2016
Have you tried amazon, sams and costco?
DaveA 07:24 AM 03-03-2016
Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? I use their black nitrile gloves in my shop and daycare. Once you get on their mailing list you'll get more 20% off coupons mailed/ emailed to you'll know what to do with.
Thriftylady 07:31 AM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? I use their black nitrile gloves in my shop and daycare. Once you get on their mailing list you'll get more 20% off coupons mailed/ emailed to you'll know what to do with.
You can also look up the coupons online!
Play Care 07:31 AM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I don't think so, but I believe they are online? I bought my Dad some tools there before (many year ago)
Cat Herder 07:43 AM 03-03-2016
Betty Mills online is good too. That is my supplier.
Unregistered 07:57 AM 03-03-2016
http://www.dashmedical.com/ $4-5 for box of 100, free shipping, always arrives within a couple of days, almost always a $5 coupon available. Basically $40-45 for a case of ten boxes.
Laurel 08:33 AM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
A while back I purchased a huge case of gloves and just ran out. I've been picking up boxes here and there but I wanted to order another large case. Yesterday when I was out, most of the stores were out of stock of gloves. One guy told me he's having a hard time getting them from his suppliers and doesn't know why.

I went online and I can buy small boxes, but I can't seem to find cases
They are so expensive buying them a box at a time, and add to the fact they are now hard to find locally
Anyone else notice this? Where are you getting your gloves?
It took me a few minutes to realize you weren't talking about gloves for the snow type gloves.
Leigh 08:39 AM 03-03-2016
The cheapest place I have found gloves is at Walgreens. They're not in the pharmacy-maybe by cleaning supplies? I can never remember, but they're $4 a box.
childcaremom 08:39 AM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
It took me a few minutes to realize you weren't talking about gloves for the snow type gloves.
Glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking you must have had a hard winter to have gone through a case of gloves! Yeah, I'm off for another coffee.
Baby Beluga 08:48 AM 03-03-2016
How strange! No shortage here. Although now I am wondering if I should go out and stock up.
Play Care 08:58 AM 03-03-2016

We haven't really need winter gloves much this year, thankfully! Very mild winter for upstate NY. I think we've had an official total of 10.3 inches all winter And while I'm happy about it, I'm also bummed cause a lot of our usual winter activities were a no-go (though I'm quickly getting over any disappointment now that it's March )
Sunshine74 09:31 AM 03-03-2016
I'm pretty sure we get ours from BJ's. I don't know if you have one by you though.
Unregistered 12:36 PM 03-03-2016
Dollar Tree! 100 for $1, the restaurant kind. You can order online too
mamamanda 01:44 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking you must have had a hard winter to have gone through a case of gloves! Yeah, I'm off for another coffee.
I had a really crappy day today and you ladies just made me literally laugh out loud. Thank you for sharing
Laurel 08:07 AM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I had a really crappy day today and you ladies just made me literally laugh out loud. Thank you for sharing
Haha, I was thinking "Who buys gloves by the case?"
Jazzii 07:28 PM 03-05-2016
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KE2...c9L&ref=plSrch

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L84...BGL&ref=plSrch
DisneySitter 09:35 AM 04-03-2016
I typically buy mine in bulk from Amazon or Walgreens when in a hurry
Silly Songs 02:21 PM 04-03-2016
This was a big issue at my last center. We kept running out of gloves. I think some classes were hoarding them. The classes who used to most were the ones who had to change diapers. The rest of us used them for clean-up and serving food. There were times us teachers bought gloves for our own classes.
DisneySitter 04:38 AM 04-04-2016
This brings up a question Ive been curious about. Do you all use gloves for ALL changes or just the dirty ones? FL doesn't require them but I tend to use them for all changes since I don't know the kids.
Play Care 05:28 AM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by DisneySitter:
This brings up a question Ive been curious about. Do you all use gloves for ALL changes or just the dirty ones? FL doesn't require them but I tend to use them for all changes since I don't know the kids.
Every diaper change, all the time. I even use them when assisting children with potty training - even when I'm only helping pull up pants, and not wiping (because we've all gotten a "surprise" )
I have had kids in my care for years, and the reality is they could have any number of diseases that I don't have to be told about. And that's aside from the usual, normal illnesses that are transmitted through waste (c-diff, roto-virus, etc) Gloves and handwashing are how I think I keep fairly healthy.
daycarediva 08:38 AM 04-04-2016
I buy mine at lowes if I forget to order. I buy venom brand (they are nitrile, come in XS, and are VERY heavy duty)

I get 1,000 for about $38
Febby 06:43 PM 04-04-2016
Originally Posted by DisneySitter:
My center's policy is that we wear gloves anytime we are changing a diaper or assisting with toileting. We also wear gloves whenever we are applying any sort of topical medication, such as diaper cream or sunscreen. The gloves are in addition to hand washing, of course.

And, fortunately, my current center has never run out since I've been there. On the other hand, I've worked at other centers that did run out of gloves on a fairly regular basis.
Tags:gloves, gloves - ordering
Reply Up