Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So, This Is A New One - WTH
lovemykidstoo 11:37 AM 04-30-2018
So mom of 8 month old comes today and once again told me what she is giving her baby to knaw on. A carrot! She told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I voiced my opinion. He has 4 front teeth. Two on top, two on bottom. Why would you let him knaw on a carrot? She came in today and said he was knawing on one yesterday and a piece broke off and she fished it out of his mouth. I am blown away. Does she really want him to choke? What is wrong with people?
happymom 11:39 AM 04-30-2018
I did it with my own kids.
lovemykidstoo 11:41 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
Really? You weren't worried about pieces breaking off like how his did and choking?
happymom 11:47 AM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Really? You weren't worried about pieces breaking off like how his did and choking?
I didn't see him capable of biting like an entire piece of carrot (choking size) off. But little small pieces would come off and he could either spit them out of swallow them whole.
lovemykidstoo 11:50 AM 04-30-2018
I didn't see him capable of biting like an entire piece of carrot (choking size) off. But little small pieces would come off and he could either spit them out of swallow them whole.
I was concerned because she said he bit off a decent size piece and she had to fish it out of his mouth. He barely handles cheerios right now because she's wanted to solely breastfeed, so I was surprised by this.
happymom 12:11 PM 04-30-2018
I was concerned because she said he bit off a decent size piece and she had to fish it out of his mouth. He barely handles cheerios right now because she's wanted to solely breastfeed, so I was surprised by this.
It's really all subjective, but my kids never bit off more than they could safely swallow when they were learning to eat.
Play Care 12:47 PM 04-30-2018
My one DCM did this with her now 2 yo. She is the BEST eater in my bunch. Baby led weaning with NO purees, cereals, etc. But, she completely understood why I wasn't comfortable with certain foods and only supplied things that weren't hard (apples, carrots, etc)

I wish I were brave enough to do this type of weaning with my other day care kids. Maybe then they would eat actual food instead of sucking pouches.
lovemykidstoo 01:06 PM 04-30-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My one DCM did this with her now 2 yo. She is the BEST eater in my bunch. Baby led weaning with NO purees, cereals, etc. But, she completely understood why I wasn't comfortable with certain foods and only supplied things that weren't hard (apples, carrots, etc)

I wish I were brave enough to do this type of weaning with my other day care kids. Maybe then they would eat actual food instead of sucking pouches.
Those sucking pouches are just gross lol. I have seen my dck's with them, but I don't buy them myself.
Play Care 01:52 PM 04-30-2018
Those sucking pouches are just gross lol. I have seen my dck's with them, but I don't buy them myself.
Me either, so I've got some hungry kids.
Unregistered 11:45 AM 04-30-2018
So mom of 8 month old comes today and once again told me what she is giving her baby to knaw on. A carrot! She told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I voiced my opinion. He has 4 front teeth. Two on top, two on bottom. Why would you let him knaw on a carrot? She came in today and said he was knawing on one yesterday and a piece broke off and she fished it out of his mouth. I am blown away. Does she really want him to choke? What is wrong with people?
Just take it away from baby when she leaves....it's not like she is demanding you feed him this stuff.
Tags:parents - don't cooperate, teething - remedies, transitioning - solid foods
Reply Up