Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rates For Child Care In New Jersey
Unregistered 10:29 AM 05-30-2009
I am interested in starting a day care facilit in my home in South Jersey. What are the going rates for taking care of children between the ages of 2 months to 5 years old?
mac60 05:21 AM 06-01-2009
I would suggest calling local centers and simply ask.
Unregistered 03:03 PM 06-07-2009
Good luck calling other centers & others who are doing child care. I've tried this to help figure what my rates should be, and no one I spoke to, would give me quotes over the phone. Now, I'm in PA so I don't know if that makes a difference.
mac60 04:42 AM 06-08-2009
When I call, I simply ask what the rate would be for such and such. There is no need to tell them you are a provider. Seriously, how do we know if we are charging a fair rate unless we know what others are charging.
sweetcinna 02:21 PM 06-08-2009
We lived in New Hampshire for awhile and i did exactly that.....i called around and of course there are some that wouldn't give me a quote over the phone but there are some that will. so keep calling, call other in home providers or go on a tour of a center. I can tell you that the going rate for in home care in New Hampshire i around 200 a week, however you get futher into the midwest and it drop quite a bit. Right now my going rate in 95 a week.
GretasLittleFriends 02:52 PM 06-08-2009
Have you tried googling information? When I was first starting to take care of children I did some google searching, I called the local child care resource and referral, and I did call a couple of daycares asking how much they would charge for a 3 yr old boy...
melissa ann 03:26 PM 06-08-2009
I too, have trouble getting quotes over the phone. They insist on me coming over for an interview. It's quite frustrating. I don't have problems giving quotes over the phone. I just want to know if my rates are comariable to others in the same field.
Tags:new jersey, pricing, rates - new jersey
Reply Up