Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Visit Today For Higher Star Rating!
beachgrl 04:12 AM 02-06-2012
Wish me luck and good vibes all! State compliance visit to up my star rating on my licensce, sat was offiicially six months open for me. It will be a full compliance visit so somewhat nervous but at same time positive that things will be great, hopefully all goes well and I will soon be four stars.
godiva83 05:19 AM 02-06-2012
Good luck
I will be sending good vibes your way, fingers crossed for a good visit
beachgrl 06:02 AM 02-06-2012
Thanks! Ill update later! Of couse my drop in dcm called for the baby to be here today too, lol
Sunchimes 06:24 AM 02-06-2012
Good luck!!
beachgrl 11:50 AM 02-06-2012
Of course as I checked through all my paperwork from the beginning, i noticed a couple things that werent quite right so kinda nervous what she will say about that. All current kids are curren on paperwork but a couple never got their physicals or shots and werent able to come back, nother jut took awhile getting to doctor and had to reschedule appontments due to work but was trying to get it done nd is all current now. Had a couple who didnt fill out the second pg of their health and er forms...as i was typing this and just laid the kids down, she showed up!

Everything went well, she did tell me to get the couple pieces of paperwork done that i knew were not complete after checkin through all my files but I had no violations. She loved our new fence and i opened my big mouth about the corner of it being slightly away from the house and was it a hazzard or would it nee to be measured. Idk wh the fence people pu it closer on one side than the other but she did say it could pose an entrapment hazzard but wasnt 100% sure without measuring it with some probe she has but was pretty certain just looking at it, it is so we have to remedy that and she gave us an easy fix for it so no biggie...she hadnt even noticed it when she did her playground inspection lol but I had to go and ask..better ask now than find out later it was.

She loves my setup, my outside play area and everything else was great. Got the finl paperwork done for upping my stars and I should have my new licensce in a couple weeks, whew!

Of course my two kids that werent quite to sleep were up and trying to get in her bags, other stuff while I was trying to watch them, make copies and answer her ?'s, etc..fun fun, i do like our state perso though and i get the feeling she really likes having someone who knows their stuff, really enjoys it and she knows my experience and all havung already worked w her for several years while i was in the school system.

Idk if she will come back in feb which is now my annual visit tine sunce she came out today or if she will move me back to the original licencse time bc she said her feb are super busy so may be back this summer haha, its all good either way. hopefully then it wont be at naptime since she did that today, it should be a different time by then i hope.

beachgrl 11:52 AM 02-06-2012
Oh my at the typos while on my ipad, sorry about that!
Heidi 01:22 PM 02-06-2012
I like how your state combines your licensing and your star system! In WI, it is two different systems, so one has to comply with licensing regs, and then go beyond that for the star system. A basic licensed or certified provider who follows the regs. is a two star, and then there is a whole point system to be 3+ stars, with one requirement being at least 18 college credits in Early Childhood. They use the FCCERS as a guideline for awarding points.
beachgrl 06:22 PM 02-06-2012
I guess it is combined or done under same agency but the one star was for the first six months, then we have the option to move uo as applicable and we have to do an application and whole process for that which is why she had to do a compliance visit even though wasnt technically time for my annual visit.

I got the max points I could get without doing the Ecers for family child care which I dont plan to do anytime soon because I dont want the added hassle of it right now with all we have going on..maybe eventually nd prolly be really easy for me to get five stars but im good with my four for now lol!
Heidi 06:43 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by beachgrl:
I guess it is combined or done under same agency but the one star was for the first six months, then we have the option to move uo as applicable and we have to do an application and whole process for that which is why she had to do a compliance visit even though wasnt technically time for my annual visit.

I got the max points I could get without doing the Ecers for family child care which I dont plan to do anytime soon because I dont want the added hassle of it right now with all we have going on..maybe eventually nd prolly be really easy for me to get five stars but im good with my four for now lol!
In WI, you cannot get higher than 2 stars without Family Childcare ECERS, and 18 college credits. For 4 stars, you must have at least an associates degree in early childhood. For 5, you must have associates or bachelors and receive 35/40 points on the aforementioned fam. ecers. Some additional requirements are creating a parent board (and including the parent board in annual budgeting), requiring annual pay raises, having health insurance, and taking at least 10 days paid days off per year (that's seperate from the environment, curriculum, and child guidance).

Ironically our state, under their subsidy program, does NOT pay family licensed FAMILY childcare providers for absent days as of August of 2011 (but they do licensed centers) . One "department" of the state institutes a policy, and another "department" of the state creates a new policy in direct contrast.

There's our government spinning it's wheels!
beachgrl 07:09 AM 02-07-2012
Oh wow, gotta love things like that...typical of government agencies. Our state you get certain points for education, certain points for program standards and we can earn an extra quality point several different ways so I was very happy to be able to get four stars without doing ECERS.

She did tell me awhile back when i sent her my policies that i was the first person since she has been in the job tosubmit them and get them spproved the First time so that was nice!

beachgrl 07:15 AM 02-07-2012
Obviously i didnt have the typos i do typing on my ipad
Tags:qris, rating - daycare, rating system, ratings, star
Reply Up