Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Lover of all things B&W

Default Yet Another Covid Question

Seems like that's what most questions are about now, sadly that's where we are!

Almost 3yr old woke up Friday with a fever, 101 I think, and a little stuffy nose. Mom called the doctor and they said not to worry until it was 105!! They told her if she wasn't better by Monday or if she got worse over the weekend to bring her in and get her tested. Mom said she woke up Saturday with no fever and just fine. I was told this at pickup today (only attends Tues/Thurs) My covid questions say "has your child or anyone in your family had covid symptoms in the last 72 hours" which I guess they hadn't.
1)would you make it longer than 72 hours?
2)Do you think those were "covid symptoms"
3)Do you think she should have let me know at drop off, even though it was over the 72 hours?
4)Would you have required her to stay out today (if I was actually aware of it at pickup)
5)what are your Covid procedures?

I am very high risk, but I don't want to completely turn my life upside down because of Covid. I am careful. I am not on the "if you leave the house you're going to die" side, or the "it's all fake" side. I've lost a dear friend to Covid. If I were to get it it will not go well. I feel like my covid procedures aren't covering it as well as I'd like. Half of my families are following everything I ask, the other half could care less :|
Old 11-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I would have required a negative covid test or to remain out of care for 10 days from the onset of symptoms. Both the temperature of above 100.04 and the runny nose are covid symptoms. My parents notify me at the onset of any covid symptoms.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:25 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

In my policy I have 72 hours fever-free as long as no one else in the family has symptoms. If I didn't trust my families to be honest with me, though, I would require longer.

My families have been so so careful for the most part. And those that aren't as careful are still very honest and I trust them. Plus, it's a small town and I find out everything!
Old 11-25-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallina View Post
In my policy I have 72 hours fever-free as long as no one else in the family has symptoms. If I didn't trust my families to be honest with me, though, I would require longer.

My families have been so so careful for the most part. And those that aren't as careful are still very honest and I trust them. Plus, it's a small town and I find out everything!
This is my thoughts as well.

I trust my families for the most part but if I didn't I would absolutely struggle with what to do/not do.

I do exclude for longer periods of time with a fever especially when it's not a toddler.

I would be upset the parent didn't say anything to you BEFORE dropping off though.... that's kind of sketchy to me. Unless she isn't normally one to communicate well. I'd be worried that she was worried and simply choose to remain silent about it.

Tags
coronavirus - handbook, covid-19 - policy, illness policy, illness policy - coronavirus