Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Cortney

I was placed in a pre trial program for marijuana and will be off probation next month, going through bright from the start would I not pass the back ground check? I turned it in on Tuesday
Old 04-06-2018, 05:51 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney View Post
I was placed in a pre trial program for marijuana and will be off probation next month, going through bright from the start would I not pass the back ground check? I turned it in on Tuesday
http://decal.ga.gov/documents/attach...ar_6192014.pdf

This should help you.

A criminal record is defined as:
  • (A) Conviction of a crime;
  • (B) Arrest, charge, and sentencing for a crime where:
  • (i) A plea of nolo contendere was entered to the charge;
  • (ii) First offender treatment without adjudication of guilt pursuant to the charge was granted; provided, however, that this division shall not apply to a violation of Chapter 13 of Title 16, relating to controlled substances, or any other offense committed in another jurisdiction which, if it were committed in this state, would be a violation of Chapter 13 of Title 16 if such violation or offense constituted only simple possession;
Old 09-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Misdemeanor in Wyoming

Would a recent misdemeanor for marijuana prevent me from employment in a dfs licensed daycare in Wyoming?
Old 09-19-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would a recent misdemeanor for marijuana prevent me from employment in a dfs licensed daycare in Wyoming?
"Are there criminal convictions or pending deferred prosecution of a felony or misdemeanor would exclude me from eligibility to work with children?

Please refer to Chapter 3, Section 1 and Chapter 4, Section 3 of the Wyoming Child Care Licensing Rules for a list of disqualifiers based on a child abuse/neglect substantiation, criminal history or deferred prosecution of a felony or misdemeanor."

Chapter 3 - https://docs.google.com/a/wyo.gov/vi...UyZTkxMGNmYTA5

Chapter 4 - https://docs.google.com/a/wyo.gov/vi...WU1ZTU2NTdiNWM
Old 09-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

This is different in EVERY state. In California, any conviction at all, even shoplifting, will at least slow the process down, and they don't have to give you a waiver. A foster daughter had to be excluded from my facility during business hours because she got a shoplifting conviction while away at college. Once she completed probation we were able to get her a waiver.

However, here's the good news, since the decriminalization of MJ, those convictions of possession or growing no longer count against you. So if it's been decriminalized in your state you may be in luck.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh, if you're operating with a waiver, you have to have every client sign a form saying they know you have a criminal background check exemption. That could raise some questions and cost you business if you're aren't willing to show them your background check so that they can see what the conviction was.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwichlaz View Post
However, here's the good news, since the decriminalization of MJ, those convictions of possession or growing no longer count against you. So if it's been decriminalized in your state you may be in luck.
OP said "recent misdemeanor" so that tells me it isn't legal in her state.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:47 AM
Ashley matos

Unhappy Can I still work

Wanted to know if Iíve got arrested 5 years ago for something I really didnít do and got charged with battery & burglary never was convicted . Can I still work at a day care I live in Florida ?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwtnanne View Post
do i need a background check? i have history of using but im sober now and i can provide certification for it from
Everyone who works with children is required to have background checks. Each state has different scales for what can and what can't pass.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Will I pass

I did in home childcare for 2 years. Now I'm trying to get a job in a daycare. I have a background check coming up. I have never had problems passing. But things last couple weeks have made me worry. Long story short is I had a friend staying with me and I was about to give her 30 day notice but then I found out she was doing drugs right next to my kid in my basement after I had told her not to. So I messaged her and told her she was kicked out and I was putting her stuff on curb. She said ok and that she would come get it. For some reason she waited a day and a half. So my neighbor took some expensive stuff. And they wont answer the door so I can get it back. I offered to make payments for the stuff to her. But she pressed charges. I told her I never meant to hurt her. And that I was just trying to protect my kids and I just dont want her around. I have never done anything like this so I'm pretty sure they will just make me pay eventhough I already offered to pay. But with this pending charge will this stop me from getting the job???
Old 02-13-2021, 07:53 AM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the forum. You are innocent until proven guilty. You have not been convicted of anything. There may be a problem if you start your business and then have a conviction. It really depends on what the offense is per your stateís regulations. Hopefully itís not a felony. Get a good lawyer.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:05 PM
Day Care Owner

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathershort88 View Post
I did in home childcare for 2 years. Now I'm trying to get a job in a daycare. I have a background check coming up. I have never had problems passing. But things last couple weeks have made me worry. Long story short is I had a friend staying with me and I was about to give her 30 day notice but then I found out she was doing drugs right next to my kid in my basement after I had told her not to. So I messaged her and told her she was kicked out and I was putting her stuff on curb. She said ok and that she would come get it. For some reason she waited a day and a half. So my neighbor took some expensive stuff. And they wont answer the door so I can get it back. I offered to make payments for the stuff to her. But she pressed charges. I told her I never meant to hurt her. And that I was just trying to protect my kids and I just dont want her around. I have never done anything like this so I'm pretty sure they will just make me pay eventhough I already offered to pay. But with this pending charge will this stop me from getting the job???
Um did you call the cops and report the theft of the missing items?

So a friend of a friend took some stuff that was at "the curb" and the homeowner called the cops on them for theft, he got arrested and went to jail. If this is the case, then call the cops and have them arrested or at least agree that if they give the items back that you will not press charges.

Tags
background check, felony, misdemeanors