Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Healthy Food - Is it Just Me?
momofboys 11:46 AM 11-30-2010
I am shocked at what the family I care for considers a normal breakfast & it makes me wonder if these kids ever have fruits/vegies when they are not at my home. Prior to them starting mom told me they did not eat many fruits or vegies. Since they began with me they have tried many different vegies & fruits & seem to eat them well. Makes we wonder if the parents ever tried. But the most shocking thing to me is the many times mom will drop off & say they ate cookies for breakfast or cupcakes! Now I am no sugar Nazi, all things in moderation, but really are cookies & cupcakes now the norm? And if I was mom I would be embarassed to admit I let my kids eat that for breakfast (she's in nursing school). Then this morning she mentioned they had stopped and gotten doughnuts before arrival. I can't imagine giving my own kids cupcakes for breakfast on a regular basis!
Blackcat31 12:33 PM 11-30-2010
I've had kids come in with bags of Skitles and things like MM's too! Makes you wonder wth are they thinking? I had a 4 yr old come in recently with a travel mug like you would have coffee in...I asked him what he had in there thinking he may have hot cocoa or something...nope, he said Mountain Dew. This is coming from a family who eats everything labeled organic....I wonder if Mountain Dew is organic?!?!
Tags:health food, junk food, nutritionist, soda
Reply Up