Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hands In Mouth
hope 02:00 PM 05-23-2013
I have a DCM that I have had many issues with in the past. All the issues dealt Ltwst and boundaries. We have discussed each issue and she finally appologized for her behavior. She said she has post partum and it has been so bad that she started seeing a therapist. Her child is almost two. This has made things a lot better for us. When an issue arises I ask her to discuss it with her therapist and she will usually come back with an open mind.
Today:..........today DCm walks in at pick up and I tell her DCG had an off day. DCM immediately becomes dramatic and the interrogation begins. I said she was restless during nap and she did not sleep the whole time as usual. DCM asks why I would leave her if she wasn't sleeping, how would I know if she was sleepy, how did I know for sure when she woke up. I told her the child's eyes were closed but she was tossing n turning a lot so I kept checking in every few minutes. Once she sat up I picked her up. I then said that DCG was a little cranky probably bc she didn't get a full nap. DCM asks for N example. I told her how DCG was putting all ten fingers in her mouth and would try to get my attention while I was reading to the group. I would tell her hands out of your mouth and eventually just started shaking my head no bc I wanted her to focus on the positive attention I was giving her during reading and not the negative. This threw DCM into tears????????
DCM said I was being mean. She asked why I wouldn't allow her to put her hands in her mouth. She said DCG was teething. I explained the situation again and said that she was not feeling for her tooth that is coming in. She said it doesn't matter and I should allow her to put her hands in her mouth. I was in shock. Didn't understand. She then picked up her child and said to me "I'm sorry if xxxx is so horrible for you" and left.
This isn't the first time she has over reacted and flipped out. I do feel bad that she is battling post partum but it is very difficult to deL with these crazy mood swings. I have had some very real issues happen in my life, death, illness, but I never take it out on other people. I don't think I should let her slide this time. I dread pu n drop off with her. Am I being unreasonable? Should I allow an almost two year old to start putting her hands in her mouth all the time?
Tags:hands in mouth
Up