Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Homemade Windows Clings
thetoddlerwhisper 10:11 AM 12-09-2013
this seemed really neat and easy to me http://greenowlart.blogspot.com/2013...een+Owl+Art%29
VTMom 10:46 AM 12-09-2013
We did those last year! It was pretty cool. Last year we used snowflake templates and just traced (attempted to anyway) the lines. I bet those ornaments would be a lot easier! It really did cling to the window nicely.
snbauser 11:16 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by VTMom:
We did those last year! It was pretty cool. Last year we used snowflake templates and just traced (attempted to anyway) the lines. I bet those ornaments would be a lot easier! It really did cling to the window nicely.
I'm glad to hear they work so well! I just saw this on another board and thought it was a great idea.
melilley 11:19 AM 12-09-2013
Neat idea, I'm going to have try to make them!
I just put premade snowflake window clings on the windows. One dcg loved helping me, she would probably get a kick out of making her own! Thanks!
thetoddlerwhisper 11:21 AM 12-09-2013
im wondering if theyd work with glitter glue
melilley 11:22 AM 12-09-2013
You would think so. It's the bag that's sticking to the window so it should work!
thetoddlerwhisper 11:28 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
You would think so. It's the bag that's sticking to the window so it should work!
i keep tons of glitter glue but not much puffy paint
Josiegirl 11:31 AM 12-09-2013
Don't you peel the paint off when it's dry or did I read that wrong? Can you make your own puffy paint?
melilley 11:36 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
i keep tons of glitter glue but not much puffy paint
Me too, I think it would cost a fortune to buy different colors of puffy paint!
melilley 11:38 AM 12-09-2013
Here is a link on how to make puffy paint and it seems pretty easy!

http://www.learning4kids.net/2012/10...e-puffy-paint/
thetoddlerwhisper 11:38 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Don't you peel the paint off when it's dry or did I read that wrong? Can you make your own puffy paint?
i havent tried this yet but seems ok

http://whenangelscook.com/homemade-puffy-paint/
thetoddlerwhisper 11:39 AM 12-09-2013
if i was using puffy paint id rather just buy window clings
Blackcat31 11:54 AM 12-09-2013
You can make homemade window clings by using Elmer's school glue, dishsoap and a few drops of food coloring.

Step 1:Take your glue bottles (about half-full) and add several drops of food coloring.

Step 2: Add a few drops of dish detergent to your glue.

Step 3: Shake well. Take the lid off and squeeze the bottle to “knead” the color into the glue. Let the glue sit overnight (or at least several hours) to let the color settle in.

Then you can take whatever picture and/or template you want and slip it into a big ziplock and/or a clear page protector. Outline your shape and fill it in.

Let it dry overnight. The thicker the glue, the sturdier the cling is but the thicker the glue, the more dry time it requires.

I got this recipe and instructions from a DIY website a while back and found it to be the most useful and easiest. I can't recall the site off hand, but will look and come back and repost as it had pictures that were neat to show how it actually works.
thetoddlerwhisper 11:58 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You can make homemade window clings by using Elmer's school glue, dishsoap and a few drops of food coloring.

Step 1:Take your glue bottles (about half-full) and add several drops of food coloring.

Step 2: Add a few drops of dish detergent to your glue.

Step 3: Shake well. Take the lid off and squeeze the bottle to “knead” the color into the glue. Let the glue sit overnight (or at least several hours) to let the color settle in.

Then you can take whatever picture and/or template you want and slip it into a big ziplock and/or a clear page protector. Outline your shape and fill it in.

Let it dry overnight. The thicker the glue, the sturdier the cling is but the thicker the glue, the more dry time it requires.

I got this recipe and instructions from a DIY website a while back and found it to be the most useful and easiest. I can't recall the site off hand, but will look and come back and repost as it had pictures that were neat to show how it actually works.
ill be watching for it! love stuff like that
MotherNature 05:51 AM 12-10-2013
Oh-all of these ideas are cool! My son & I will be doing some. Probably the older dck too, but my oldest is 20 mos.
Blackcat31 06:03 AM 12-10-2013
Here's a cool glow-in-the-dark recipe I found!

http://www.blogmemom.com/homemade-gl...window-clings/
Reply Up