Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Girl that hits
midaycare 07:40 PM 08-26-2014
I have a dcg, age 2.5 that is really testing both me and her parents.

Anytime someone comes near her when she is playing, she will hit them. She will also take everyone's toys and then hit them when they want "their" toys back.

I'm getting a little frustrated with her. All day long I feel like I'm correcting her. She doesn't care and nothing seems to get through to her. I feel like I've tried everything.

Any ideas?
Cradle2crayons 09:51 PM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I have a dcg, age 2.5 that is really testing both me and her parents.

Anytime someone comes near her when she is playing, she will hit them. She will also take everyone's toys and then hit them when they want "their" toys back.

I'm getting a little frustrated with her. All day long I feel like I'm correcting her. She doesn't care and nothing seems to get through to her. I feel like I've tried everything.

Any ideas?
Have you do the "you hit you sit" thing?

Or better yet, if she hits, she gets separated for the rest of the day with a small box of uninteresting toys and she has to sit ether alone until she can learn not to hit?
midaycare 03:18 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Have you do the "you hit you sit" thing?

Or better yet, if she hits, she gets separated for the rest of the day with a small box of uninteresting toys and she has to sit ether alone until she can learn not to hit?
I have tried if you hit, you sit, but that does not work. She will hit someone, then look at me and go to sit down. Then she gets up and does it again!

I have removed her from the other kids, but all the kids are around her age and no one will leave her alone. Separating her makes her super interesting.
coolconfidentme 04:22 AM 08-27-2014
I would say she has to earn her way playing with your toys & your friends..., the kids. Separate her from everything & give her one non breakable toy she really doesn't like. Shadow her & have her eat away from everyone. Make her sleep on a mat/cot in the hallway. Have fun stuff to do with the others. Make sure she understands EVERYTHING at your house is a privilege. When you let her back into the fold, keep an eye on her. The minute she hits or hoards. Take her out of the situation & start all over. It's hard, but it works.

Good luck!!
llpa 04:51 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I would say she has to earn her way playing with your toys & your friends..., the kids. Separate her from everything & give her one non breakable toy she really doesn't like. Shadow her & have her eat away from everyone. Make her sleep on a mat/cot in the hallway. Have fun stuff to do with the others. Make sure she understands EVERYTHING at your house is a privilege. When you let her back into the fold, keep an eye on her. The minute she hits or hoards. Take her out of the situation & start all over. It's hard, but it works.

Good luck!!
I had one just like her! Did the above and it took a MONTH. She was a tough nut! Her mom was very cooperative tho and that helped. I would have termed her if it hadn't worked
midaycare 05:12 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:

Good luck!!
Whew! I will try it.
Tags:divide and conquer, violence in child care
Reply Up