Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I am so upset!
Tdhmom 08:42 AM 01-29-2014
Little of the back story...5 year old dctwins, boy and girl, most misbehaved children I've ever dealt with. Had them since last august, sticking it out until school gets out, won't have them this summer and then they'll be in kindergarten.
Dcb has been sent to principle (half day preschool) 3 times this year!!!! Dcg went with him once (they were hitting each other in class). Dcb has hit my son once at school (first trip to principle), once here, and has also stepped on his fingers on purpose while he was coloring cause it was on another chair :-/ told dcm Monday if it happens again I'm calling for pick up. I'm done playing nice guy.
Monday was also the day they were sent to the principle. He's had yellow lights at school for the last 2 weeks, dcm tells me they got their leap pads taken away until they get green lights at school again. They get to my house this morning and both tell me how they get to go to walmart today to get new leap pad games!!!!!!! I am so angry!!!!
I want to just be done and say I give up on sticking it out. Dcm obviously loves acting like she's helping me and it's apparent she isn't on my side at all!!!
Play Care 09:25 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Little of the back story...5 year old dctwins, boy and girl, most misbehaved children I've ever dealt with. Had them since last august, sticking it out until school gets out, won't have them this summer and then they'll be in kindergarten.
Dcb has been sent to principle (half day preschool) 3 times this year!!!! Dcg went with him once (they were hitting each other in class). Dcb has hit my son once at school (first trip to principle), once here, and has also stepped on his fingers on purpose while he was coloring cause it was on another chair :-/ told dcm Monday if it happens again I'm calling for pick up. I'm done playing nice guy.
Monday was also the day they were sent to the principle. He's had yellow lights at school for the last 2 weeks, dcm tells me they got their leap pads taken away until they get green lights at school again. They get to my house this morning and both tell me how they get to go to walmart today to get new leap pad games!!!!!!! I am so angry!!!!
I want to just be done and say I give up on sticking it out. Dcm obviously loves acting like she's helping me and it's apparent she isn't on my side at all!!!
It sounds as if the kids are not a good fit for your program. You have three options, find replacements and then term, term immedialty and worry about filling spots later, or hang on until the spring. Personally I would try the first thing if I could, the second if I couldn't. The last one wouldn't even be a consideration. Good luck!
Mister Sir Husband 09:44 AM 01-29-2014
I would seriously ask mom about it at pickup. First off, if there are any signs of violence at my daycare, its reason for termination. I might possibly give one warning but it depends on the situation. Secondly, I wont tolerate being lied to. She clearly is doing this with the leap pad game comment. I would be asking her for an explanation and depending on the answer she would be terminated.

Now fortunately, my wife and I are financially well off enough that if I needed to term someone for whatever reason it wouldn't be horrible, so my thoughts on this may not be possible for some others... but is what I would personally do.
Tags:venting, violence in child care, violent behaviour
Reply Up