Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Behavior Plan?
Unregistered 09:46 AM 03-20-2017
We have a boy in the one year old room (whi is now 2) and is so violent toward the other kids and teachers. He closed fist punches the little ones and screams "no!" And "mine" all day. His behavior is really stressing out staff and students. You can't look away from him at all or he is taking toys, pushing kids or yelling. I am trying to find a "behavior plan" type of form to let his parents know that if his behavior continues, he will be terminated. Anybody ever had to do this??
CityGarden 10:18 AM 03-20-2017
I would schedule a meeting with the parents and tell them either they elect to hire a dedicated teacher to shadow (and help him) or he needs to find another daycare/preschool - either option needs to take effect immediately for the heath and safety of the entire class.

I have several reasons in my handbook we may elect to dis-enroll a family/child --- the part that would apply to you states "if we feel that the child is in need of one-on-one care"... and goes from there to basically say we will dis-enroll but you could IF you are willing to work with them give them the option of hiring a shadow to help their son.
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 03-20-2017
First you have to figure out exactly what it is you will be asking of the parents. If something they are doing is contributing to his behavior, then a plan with them may help. Consider recommending having DCB evaluated.

If the behaviors have nothing to do with the parents or developmental issues you can only address what is happening in your environment. If there are things you can adjust, try those first.

Once you schedule a meeting with the parents to create a behavior plan, you will need to give each of their suggestions a try as well as your own. Sometimes this escalates and costs time.

Only you can decide how much of a liability DCB is to your program.
daycare 11:21 AM 03-20-2017
do you do behavior observations?
Blackcat31 11:24 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We have a boy in the one year old room (whi is now 2) and is so violent toward the other kids and teachers. He closed fist punches the little ones and screams "no!" And "mine" all day. His behavior is really stressing out staff and students. You can't look away from him at all or he is taking toys, pushing kids or yelling. I am trying to find a "behavior plan" type of form to let his parents know that if his behavior continues, he will be terminated. Anybody ever had to do this??
Why is he in the one year old room if he is now 2?

Are the parents aware of this on-going behavior all ready or will they be surprised to hear of these issues?

If they are aware, what was the process in which they were told of it and what has been their response?
Unregistered 09:31 AM 03-21-2017
He is still in the one year old room bc we all move up in June. His parents are well aware and do nothing about it. He hits them as well.
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
He is still in the one year old room bc we all move up in June. His parents are well aware and do nothing about it. He hits them as well.
I don't know if you have the authority but I'd term him.

If his parents do nothing to teach him or redirect him when he hits, then his behavior is not going to change.

He is a liability to the program and other parents will start withdrawing their children if this boy is continually allowed to behave this way. If I were a parent and he hit my child more than once, I'd report the program for failure to keep my child safe and I'd probably pull my child without notice because I wouldn't want to continue bringing my child somewhere that they are continually hurt.
Tags:innapropriate behaviour, violence in child care, violent behaviour
Reply Up