Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Fees and Non Payment
cara041083 05:50 AM 07-16-2014
My problem mom showed up today and out of no where was complaining that her husband didn't get paid this week and there electric was shut off. She said they are negative and doesn't know what to do. Then she says "come hell or high water she is going on her float trip this weekend and doesn't care cause she deserves it" Ok she is having grandma pick up the kids Friday. I have a very strong feeling that she will "forget" to pay me Thursday, and use my money to go out of town this weekend. So after I ask her about it tomorrow, my contract spells out late fees and the policy and all the good stuff, but do I count Friday as a late day, or start late fees on Sat? I just want to have all my ducks in a row for tomorrow in case it happens.
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
My problem mom showed up today and out of no where was complaining that her husband didn't get paid this week and there electric was shut off. She said they are negative and doesn't know what to do. Then she says "come hell or high water she is going on her float trip this weekend and doesn't care cause she deserves it" Ok she is having grandma pick up the kids Friday. I have a very strong feeling that she will "forget" to pay me Thursday, and use my money to go out of town this weekend. So after I ask her about it tomorrow, my contract spells out late fees and the policy and all the good stuff, but do I count Friday as a late day, or start late fees on Sat? I just want to have all my ducks in a row for tomorrow in case it happens.
My contract states ALL fees at due by 5PM on Friday. Late fees begin accruing at 5:01PM

I would start your late fee count as of the day your payments are normally due.

I would give her a heads up and tell her how much she owes, when you expect her to pay (Thursday if she isn't going to be there Friday) and warn her that you will apply late fees if not paid AND there will be NO services until she pays the amount due in FULL.

That way she understands what will happen on Monday if she doesn't pay.
cara041083 06:32 AM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My contract states ALL fees at due by 5PM on Friday. Late fees begin accruing at 5:01PM

I would start your late fee count as of the day your payments are normally due.

I would give her a heads up and tell her how much she owes, when you expect her to pay (Thursday if she isn't going to be there Friday) and warn her that you will apply late fees if not paid AND there will be NO services until she pays the amount due in FULL.

That way she understands what will happen on Monday if she doesn't pay.
Thank you. I have a form to fill out and I wanted to have it ready for tomorrow if she doesn't pay. That way she is well aware that I will be refusing care until I am paid or she will find a new daycare if her 3 days of non payment comes and goes.
MotherNature 09:13 AM 07-16-2014
Yay for priorities. I'm guessing she thinks you'll just roll over and let her pay late, b/c what else would you do? Not to sound harsh, but stick it to her. I'd have sympathy b/c I'm broke all the time myself, but to declare that she's going on vacation anyway even when her lights are shut off and then conveniently she won't be the one to see you on payday? Yeah...she's planning on stiffing you with her sob story.
midaycare 09:21 AM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Yay for priorities. I'm guessing she thinks you'll just roll over and let her pay late, b/c what else would you do? Not to sound harsh, but stick it to her. I'd have sympathy b/c I'm broke all the time myself, but to declare that she's going on vacation anyway even when her lights are shut off and then conveniently she won't be the one to see you on payday? Yeah...she's planning on stiffing you with her sob story.
I knew people like this. *Sob, sob, we're so broke, we had to ask the church to pay our rent, but we are planning a nice vacation to Mexico because we deserve it.*
cara041083 09:28 AM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Oh I know. And I'm not on a bind, and I would have no problem working with her. But u will not use my money to go play. Plain and simple! There for maybe it's time to teach her how to be a grown up.
TheGoodLife 10:16 AM 07-16-2014
I would flat out ask her today- DCM, you mentioned money troubles and I know you're going out of town, I'd like it if you could have the check tomorrow to make sure it is taken care of before you leave- I will not cash it until I normally would on Friday (or whenever). Then you won't have to worry about it while getting ready

Then you're making it seem like its (kind of) for her benefit.
Tags:late fees, non-payment
Reply Up