Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tom? Proof of Children Working For You???
Unregistered 07:28 AM 09-23-2013
This is probably a question for Tom....

I am applying for my credential and in my state, I need to be able to show proof of an administrative role.

They have asked for my tax documentation showing what was filed for my children. I have 3 children of my own that I do pay for helping. I do not file taxes on them as they do not get paid much throughout the year and are under age required to file with only making about 500 for the year.

What other documentation do you think may be accepted???

Thank you.
TomCopeland 07:41 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is probably a question for Tom....

I am applying for my credential and in my state, I need to be able to show proof of an administrative role.

They have asked for my tax documentation showing what was filed for my children. I have 3 children of my own that I do pay for helping. I do not file taxes on them as they do not get paid much throughout the year and are under age required to file with only making about 500 for the year.

What other documentation do you think may be accepted???

Thank you.
I'm not sure what your state means by an administrative role. How about a copy of your contract with parents? Or Food Program monthly claim form? These show you are the owner in administrating your program. If these don't work, ask the state for examples of documents they are looking for.
Unregistered 08:56 AM 09-23-2013
I think it wants proof that I was supervising someone working for me.
butterfly 10:46 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I think it wants proof that I was supervising someone working for me.
Couldn't you just type up a contract/job description and have that employee sign it?
TomCopeland 09:57 AM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
Couldn't you just type up a contract/job description and have that employee sign it?
I agree.
Tags:credentials, tom copeland
Reply Up