Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Staff Handbooks
Abigail 10:27 PM 02-07-2014
Does anyone have staff/employee handbooks they would like to share? I'm needing to create one and eventually will have a small center so I need to get started. I have some employees now but only discuss things with them and need to get started on writing an official employee handbook for child care. Thanks so much for any advice!
MCC 07:16 AM 02-08-2014
Lets see if this works. I don't mind sharing. I compiled this by googling "daycare staff handbook" and I picked what I liked from multiple ones and reworded/changed some things.

This is mine, but this is the draft I had before I hired an attorney to revise it. I had him add a better non-compete, and also a section that talks about keeping grievances private and off of social media.
Attached: Staff Handbook share.pdf (334.4 KB) 
LaLa1923 07:28 AM 02-08-2014
Originally Posted by MCC:
Lets see if this works. I don't mind sharing. I compiled this by googling "daycare staff handbook" and I picked what I liked from multiple ones and reworded/changed some things.

This is mine, but this is the draft I had before I hired an attorney to revise it. I had him add a better non-compete, and also a section that talks about keeping grievances private and off of social media.

how much did u pay an attorney to do this? are there attorneys that just do contracts??
MCC 07:34 AM 02-08-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
how much did u pay an attorney to do this? are there attorneys that just do contracts??
I paid him $700 to review/revise all my contracts and to turn me from sole p. to LLC. I think the contract part was $400, and the LLC was the rest. He charges by the job, not billable hours. He works completely over the phone, and is located in DC, I'm 99% sure he's also licensed in MD, so if you want his number, let me know
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 02-09-2014
NannyDe has a 5 part blog series about staff assistants that may have some good ideas about what to put in your handbooks.

Her articles may also offer insight to things you may not have considered or thought of.

Here is part 1. https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/the-...-assistant.htm

You can find the links to parts 2-5 at the bottom of the Part 1 page.
Tags:employees, handbook, staff handbook
Reply Up