Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Proud of My New Backbone!
Thriftylady 08:03 PM 08-12-2015
I am so proud of my growing backbone! DCM that I termed today after all the stuff (see other thread), well she texted me tonight and said "I guess I will keep her on the schedule she is on now, she won't be there tomorrow or Monday but I will come pay you tomorrow". UM NO! The term. notice is still out on the mailbox. We do need the money, but I stuck with no. I texted her back and told her that I had terminated her today, the notice is in the mail due to her 3 NCNS and her having issues following any of my policies. She replys "well I tried to text you yesterday to see if you would still watch her even though I wasn't working and realized this morning it didn't send. I replied that it wasn't my problem, and that even if that was the case I still didn't hear from her today. She isn't happy, but I don't care. I am proud of me for standing up for myself and not just worrying about the money. You all have helped me with this whole backbone thing! Thank you all.

OH and wish me luck with my TWO interviews tomorrow afternoon!
daycare 08:06 PM 08-12-2015
Sweet you are awesome!! Great work.

And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Go get them.
Baby Beluga 08:42 PM 08-12-2015
Good for you and fingers crossed for your two interviews!
Stephnrich 08:52 PM 08-12-2015
Congrats! It really is a tough thing you had to do, but you did it! Good luck with your interview.
Thriftylady 09:02 PM 08-12-2015
I also really hated to tell hubby today I was going to term. But he was on board with it, told me he understood and he was tired of her too lol. Being a truck driver he isn't around much maybe I was venting a lot.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:04 PM 08-12-2015
Good for you! You'll go into your interviews tomorrow with that strength and backbone shoring you up. Good luck!
Michael 12:11 AM 08-13-2015
I've been looking for a chance to award this again.

Josiegirl 03:09 AM 08-13-2015
And you'll be glad you did!!!
DaveA 04:38 AM 08-13-2015
Good luck on the new interviews!
mommiebookworm 05:50 AM 08-13-2015
Good for you! Good luck with the interviews.
Ariana 07:06 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Michael:
I've been looking for a chance to award this again.

You deserve it!!
mamamanda 09:47 AM 08-13-2015
Way to go!!!
finsup 09:18 AM 08-14-2015
Good for you! I had a problem family that claimed they "tried" to send me their schedule but it "didn't work"... I was just like really?! After this has been discussed several times you expect me to believe that? Nope, not buying it. Glad you got rid of them and hopefully a much better family will take their place!
Thriftylady 06:25 PM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by finsup:
Good for you! I had a problem family that claimed they "tried" to send me their schedule but it "didn't work"... I was just like really?! After this has been discussed several times you expect me to believe that? Nope, not buying it. Glad you got rid of them and hopefully a much better family will take their place!
My one family with two children did sign. I haven't heard back from the other interview, but you can't win them all.
Tags:backbone
Reply Up