Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HOW in the WORLD???
daycare 12:56 PM 09-15-2015
so my county is in year one of QRIS.

Boy oh Boy are they NUTS.

They basically want us to model everything that a head start program would offer. Including all curriculum, assessments and evaluations, anecdotal based evidence collected for 6 months for each child and conduct a DRDP, we will do these two times a year. All of our assessments and evaluations have to reflect in our written curriculum that anyone can pick up and follow.

we must adhere to all county health regulations, including proper hand washing, hearing, dental, and eye exams every year. these health exams will be conducted at the daycare site. They are also requiring each child to have a full physical examination done at the time of enrollment.

I am exhausted just writing this out.

how does anyone do it?
Thriftylady 12:59 PM 09-15-2015
When I was licensed in Kansas, the kids had to have a physical for that. But some of the other stuff seems outragous to me. Hearing and sight tests on site? Who pays for that stuff? When I went from registered to licensed in Kansas and had to have physicals, there was a nurse practitioner that came to my house to do them for $10 a child and my parents were happy to pay that. But I can't imagine how a provider is going to do these things and not raise rates through the roof. I am starting to think more and more they are trying to push home providers out.
nanglgrl 01:04 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:

They basically want us to model everything that a head start program would offer. Including all curriculum, assessments and evaluations, anecdotal based evidence collected for 6 months for each child and conduct a DRDP, we will do these two times a year. All of our assessments and evaluations have to reflect in our written curriculum that anyone can pick up and follow.

we must adhere to all county health regulations, including proper hand washing, hearing, dental, and eye exams every year. these health exams will be conducted at the daycare site. They are also requiring each child to have a full physical examination done at the time of enrollment.

how does anyone do it?
I feel for you. Is it still voluntary to participate? If my state started making us do all that there is no way I'd participate.
daycare 01:04 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
When I was licensed in Kansas, the kids had to have a physical for that. But some of the other stuff seems outragous to me. Hearing and sight tests on site? Who pays for that stuff? When I went from registered to licensed in Kansas and had to have physicals, there was a nurse practitioner that came to my house to do them for $10 a child and my parents were happy to pay that. But I can't imagine how a provider is going to do these things and not raise rates through the roof. I am starting to think more and more they are trying to push home providers out.
thats what it feelsl like to me. Feels like i am getting pushed out.

there are agencies that will come to my house that are state funded free programs to cover the cost of all the exams. But the whole eval and assess thing is just getting to me.

I am feeling very over worked, under paid and STRESSED.

What they don't realize is that head start programs have an accountant and administration that does all the back of the office type stuff. With in-home, I wear every hat. I have to do it all.

I know that in a head-start program there is someone who covers all of the HR, payments, invoicing, regulations, illness, and so on. Again that is all me.

I feel like i have to let something suffer in order to put something else in it's place. But what do I let go of?
daycare 01:05 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I feel for you. Is it still voluntary to participate? If my state started making us do all that there is no way I'd participate.
it is voluntary right now, but they are saying down the road it will not be.
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 09-15-2015
...all I have to say is.....

"told ya!"
daycare 01:17 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
...all I have to say is.....

"told ya!"
oh you can say it 500 more times....lol I am so going to jump if they follow through with making it mandatory....
Cat Herder 01:20 PM 09-15-2015
I bet you don't think I sound quite so crazy, now.

Just finished this.

2 years, 400+ hours of training, 60 papers, 180 family dinners missed, $12,000 in debt and nothing financial to show for it.

Whoop
Controlled Chaos 01:31 PM 09-15-2015
I just started QRIS in here in UT. It is voluntary, but I can get big grant money, so I am going to give it a try. And we can pick and choose which quality indicators we do. The more we do, the more grant money. I have to say, when I heard about QRIS from you guys before, I thought "how hard could it really be?!" I have been blown away by some of it. I am already doing half of it, but at least half of the stuff I'm not doing I super don't want to lol

Like outdoor classroom/center stuff? How do you maintain those in states with WEATHER?!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack...just commiserating
daycare 01:32 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Just finished this.

2 years, 400+ hours of training, 60 papers, 180 family dinners missed, $12,000 in debt and nothing financial to show for it.

Whoop
oh man.... I am sad to say i will be joining you. Looks like I will be going to get my BA now. At this rate I am thinking about opening a center. I mean they are already pushing me out of my house and I would love to have a house to live in, not a DC. but but but....

oh ugh.....
sharlan 02:16 PM 09-15-2015
If it ever hits SoCal, I'm done. There is no way that I am willing to put that much time and effort into it when I plan on quitting in less than 5 years.
Ariana 02:24 PM 09-15-2015
Holy Carp!! Glad we can still run unlicensed here in Canada (Ontario anyway) this kind of stuff is coming up the pipeline though. We all need to ban together and form a union. Head start is a government program with a union backing it. This is why they get what they get and you guys get nothing.

I had to do all of this as a unionized employee in a daycare center as an ECE but we got paid for it. We did nothing on our own time.
Blackcat31 02:33 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Holy Carp!! Glad we can still run unlicensed here in Canada (Ontario anyway) this kind of stuff is coming up the pipeline though. We all need to ban together and form a union. Head start is a government program with a union backing it. This is why they get what they get and you guys get nothing.

I had to do all of this as a unionized employee in a daycare center as an ECE but we got paid for it. We did nothing on our own time.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! lol!

The union here supports QRIS more than any other agency/entity.

Unionizing is NOT the answer in my opinion.

I'd participate (and do) in QRIS before I ever participated in the unionization of child care providers.

I also wouldn't say I get nothing in comparison to Head Start.
They are THE reason I quit working for them and opened my own child care.
I make more $ and have more sanity and a heck of a lot more fun...than I ever did working there.
Annalee 02:40 PM 09-15-2015
I think I will stay out of this thread because everyone here knows what I think about QRIS!
daycare 03:19 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I think I will stay out of this thread because everyone here knows what I think about QRIS!
let me guess it is an 4 letter word.....lmao

LOVE or CRAP or----

lol
daycare 03:26 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by sharlan:
If it ever hits SoCal, I'm done. There is no way that I am willing to put that much time and effort into it when I plan on quitting in less than 5 years.
from what i understand each county in CA is doing it differently since they all possess different dynamics.
Annalee 04:46 PM 09-15-2015
let me guess it is an 4 letter word.....lmao

LOVE or CRAP or----

lol
Yep and it is mandated here to participate annually..DID I mention that I hate it every year all year long!!!!!!!
LysesKids 05:04 PM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I'm with you lol... thank goodness I don't have to jump the hoops you are, but then I only have 4 and can stay outta the line of fire so to speak
Ariana 06:06 PM 09-15-2015

I'd participate (and do) in QRIS before I ever participated in the unionization of child care providers.

I make more $ and have more sanity and a heck of a lot more fun...than I ever did working there.
LOL! ok ok Blackcat you are not invited to the union meetings

I just meant Head Start gets administrators to do certain jobs etc. Without a union teachers/providers are expected to do everything themselves. I do understand there is good and bad about unions but unions give people better wages in most areas.
spedmommy4 06:14 PM 09-15-2015

how does anyone do it?
Lol . . . I agree. It is a lot. I am in San Joaquin County and I recently completed the Race to the Top program , (our QRIS) Our county sounds pretty similar to yours in terms of expectations.

In order to reach the top tier, I made my life simpler by:
*Using the Lifecubby app. Life cubby is a digital portfolio that you can use to snap pictures and store anecdotal records. I snapped a picture of a kid drawing a face (or whatever) and during naptime I would spend 15 minutes writing a sentence for each picture I snapped. I take pictures anyway so I figured that I would make those pictures work for me. :-)
*Using the California DRDP online assessment. It's way faster.
* give the developmental screenings to the parents. Parents are supposed to complete them. (It's what the developer intended)
* I use the California head start curriculum. (Frog street press) it is $100 a month for the online version and comes with everything I need except the manipulatives.

In my county program, they also came out and did a CLASS observation and a FCCRS. It was pretty extensive but there was a significant amount of grant money attached to achieving the highest level of quality so it was well worth it.

And because I participated in the race to the top, some of the parents in my childcare program were also selected to participate in a focus group that the California Department of Ed sponsored. The company running the focus groups for the Dept of Ed said that they were still in the early planning of QRIS in California. They commented that it would probably be a few years before it gets implemented.
daycare 08:28 PM 09-15-2015
We also have to do the class and fccers

The only way I can get a 4 isif I myself have a bachelors degree in early education along with all the other things I mentioned and all of my staff must be qualified preschool teachers with 12plus Ece units.

So the best I can get without BA degree is a 3
spedmommy4 08:58 PM 09-15-2015
We also have to do the class and fccers

The only way I can get a 4 isif I myself have a bachelors degree in early education along with all the other things I mentioned and all of my staff must be qualified preschool teachers with 12plus Ece units.

So the best I can get without BA degree is a 3
We have a points system here. For example, 2 points if you have an AA, 2 if you complete developmental screenings, etc. A certain number of points equals a tier. Education counts for a significant amount of your points. I have a masters in early childhood special Ed. I was a licensed teacher but I left special education when my job became more paperwork than working with kids.

I can't remember if they reviewed my staff. So far, I have only hired staff with experience and 12 plus ECE units. I haven't had any turnover in staff and have had to do minimal training, so it's worked out well.

First 5 is still sending someone out each month to check in and make sure I'm following their quality guidelines but I think that ends in December.
nanglgrl 09:42 PM 09-15-2015
Iowa's is a point system as well. There are 5 levels:
Level one (1 star) just requires you to be registered.
Level two (2 stars) just requires you to be registered, Childnet certified (just a series of trainings..I think it was 8 classes total and you get a stipend upon completion), on the food program, for you to complete a self assessment of your professional development and a professional development plan. Each of these is just a single sheet of paper.
Level 3-5 is a points system. You must get at least one point from each of 4 categories (health and safety, environment, family/community partnerships and professional development) and the amount of points determines your star level. To get 5 stars you also have to have a FCCERS assessment done and score a 5.0 or greater. I'm currently 4 stars and waiting on FCCERS to come so I can get my 5th star (or find out what I need to change to get a 5.0 or above) and only have an AA (not in early childhood) but am working on my BA.
None of these categories require me to do assessments, have outsiders come in to do exams or provide curriculum. As for the professional development category (education) I'm not required to have any formal education (but it does give me more points in that category) and can just combine experience and training above our regulatory requirements for points. To make up the lack of education I make up the points in another category like Family/community partnerships and get a couple of points by doing annual parent surveys. I think we have it made here but I do think having an AA or a BA should give some points even if it's not in the education field.
There are of course little things. When they went over my parent surveys they wanted to know how I would use the information one parent stated of "need to be open earlier and later" to improve my program. I told her that's not a problem I can solve, those are my business hours and if the client doesn't agree with them they'd have to find new care. I don't remember how it was solved but I'm pretty sure it required me to write down something ridiculous about how I would use the information to improve my program. I wrote down nonsense. I wish there was a requirement to having experience doing family childcare to be an assessor.
All of this QRS business is making me think though, it sounds like it will take over the world of childcare..maybe I need to get in on that job once this childcare profession finally beats me to a pulp.
Josiegirl 04:12 AM 09-16-2015

Just finished this.

Whoop
So why do we do this??? Because we love children!
I participate in Stars, which I guess is the same thing basically. But if/when it comes to the day that they expect me to put all this into it, I'm done.

Why 12K in debt??
DaveA 04:21 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am starting to think more and more they are trying to push home providers out.
Agreed. At the very least they want far more control over it. In IL this Excelerate junk is voluntary but a jumbled mess: licensing says one thing, R&Rs another, and agencies something completely different. When it's mandatory I'm done. I know the first time someone tells me to be "quality" I must do XYZ, they'll get told where to store their suggestions and the binder they come in.
Annalee 04:50 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Agreed. At the very least they want far more control over it. In IL this Excelerate junk is voluntary but a jumbled mess: licensing says one thing, R&Rs another, and agencies something completely different. When it's mandatory I'm done. I know the first time someone tells me to be "quality" I must do XYZ, they'll get told where to store their suggestions and the binder they come in.
Famous last words! I threatened to quit 14 years ago when it was mandated here but HERE I AM
Second Home 06:07 AM 09-16-2015
We have a stars program here , for now it is voluntary except if you take state subsidy clients then it is mandatory .

Oh and for the unions , we here must join the union if we take state subsidy clients . We fall under the dept of education and we are in their union , but not much has been done to help the home providers .

The only way to not participate in either the union or stars is to not accept state subsidized clients as of right now . Though there is talk of stars becoming mandatory down the road .
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

Why 12K in debt??
Educational expenses I am sure. I too have some debt due to earning my degree and having to close more often (loss of income) or hire someone (loss of income) to accommodate the kids I had in care.

A secondary education is not cheap, that is for sure! And in some ways more expensive when you are also trying to run/stay in business WHILE completing the requirements.

I am glad I got a head start and went back to school before it became necessary. Gave me a lot more time to sort through the info for our QRIS program. I am nearing the end of my first two year stint and seriously thinking of not re-signing. .

They spent millions "selling" the idea to providers. Touting how much it would help our businesses and set us apart from others.

So far the ONLY benefit to anything I've had to do or done is for the families that already receive a boatload of help. There has been no benefit for other families and certainly no benefit to the provider other than the giant flag I get to hang outside my door that says "Proud to be Parent Aware Rated!" and that's it. Doesn't even say I am a 4 star program (highest amount of star possible here) so even those programs that have only 1 star get the same advertising materials.

Our state is also doing round table discussions in all the areas looking for feedback from providers and community figures that can attest to what changes need to be made and what else can be done. Lots of unhappy providers in my state so far so we will see what happens...... *sigh*.......
spedmommy4 07:03 AM 09-16-2015
Educational expenses I am sure. I too have some debt due to earning my degree and having to close more often (loss of income) or hire someone (loss of income) to accommodate the kids I had in care.

A secondary education is not cheap, that is for sure! And in some ways more expensive when you are also trying to run/stay in business WHILE completing the requirements.

I am glad I got a head start and went back to school before it became necessary. Gave me a lot more time to sort through the info for our QRIS program. I am nearing the end of my first two year stint and seriously thinking of not re-signing. .

They spent millions "selling" the idea to providers. Touting how much it would help our businesses and set us apart from others.

So far the ONLY benefit to anything I've had to do or done is for the families that already receive a boatload of help. There has been no benefit for other families and certainly no benefit to the provider other than the giant flag I get to hang outside my door that says "Proud to be Parent Aware Rated!" and that's it. Doesn't even say I am a 4 star program (highest amount of star possible here) so even those programs that have only 1 star get the same advertising materials.

Our state is also doing round table discussions in all the areas looking for feedback from providers and community figures that can attest to what changes need to be made and what else can be done. Lots of unhappy providers in my state so far so we will see what happens...... *sigh*.......
I have not seen a huge benefit here either. I'm on the board of directors for our family childcare association and a rep from First 5, the agency implementing QRIS, has been coming to the meetings. The feedback that I have heard consistently is that first 5 sets these quality goals but doesn't give providers any useful information on how to achieve them. For those providers that do achieve a tier 5, there is a big grant and then nothing else. A tier 1 receives the same advertising materials that a tier 5 does. It's disappointing at best.
Heidi 07:09 AM 09-16-2015

The union in WI has fought the QRIS tooth-and-nail. Unsuccessfully, though. They've also fought a bunch of other things, somewhat successfully.
Cat Herder 07:27 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Why 12K in debt??
I had to turn my home into a daycare center. A complete classroom. The list of required supplies was incredible.

*3 inch mats, because they mash down to the minimum 2 inches when laid upon. *Evacuation cribs. *Individual linens, washed daily on site. *Must supply formula/baby food. *Must have a breast feeding area. *Must have a toy/curriculum lending library. *Must have a parent education library. *Must have pamphlets for each possible thing that could happen to a family on hand at all times. *Must have a complete first aid kit inside and outside, clearly posted sign. *No art supply can say "keep out of reach" so they have to be "crunchy" products. *Must have posters of all current kids and their families posted within child eye level. *Must have current growth charts of the current kids within child eye level. *Must have three current art project, from each child, up on walls at all times. Must be 3-d, multi-faceted, open ended and using several types of material. *All toy bins must have a photo of what is in them, with both an image and written description, even if all toy bins are clear. *All rugs must be taped. *Commercial curriculum only and must be on the approved li$t. *Must have commercial changing table, with strap, lip 8 inches. *Must have sand and water play daily. *Must have an outdoor art center. Etc.

Oh, and the college tuition, mileage, supplies and textbooks.
Blackcat31 07:28 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I have not seen a huge benefit here either. I'm on the board of directors for our family childcare association and a rep from First 5, the agency implementing QRIS, has been coming to the meetings. The feedback that I have heard consistently is that first 5 sets these quality goals but doesn't give providers any useful information on how to achieve them. For those providers that do achieve a tier 5, there is a big grant and then nothing else. A tier 1 receives the same advertising materials that a tier 5 does. It's disappointing at best.
Here if you are trying for 1, 2 or 3 stars you get $500-$1000 for your efforts.

Many (too many) providers figured out that if you continue "trying" (and failing) to reach 4 stars, the state will continue to give you the bonus that is suppose to be an incentive to go farther....not tread water at one level and just keep collecting the money.

When the program first rolled out, I submitted my info as I currently ran my program. As is. I wanted to see where I fell "naturally" verses pretending to need the help and assistance to reach 4 stars just for the money. I made 4 stars without issues...was told "Ok, cool! Good for you!"

Then nothing.

Now, I didn't do it for the money and would happily do it again IF it wasn't for the perks I am finding that come TO families.... For example, I have one family right now on state assistance. They pay roughly 30% of their total child care costs of $1850 per month. Their children attend 4 days per week as they are given 40 hours per week to use. Parents only work about 36 hrs M-Th. Fridays off.

The FIRST thing that happened when I became a star rated program was their weekly hours increased to 50. (the thought behind that was the kids needed MORE access to quality early childhood programs verses being at home with their parents ) Then a scholarship program became available ONLY to those families that choose to use a star rated program.

The amount of money each family as awarded is based on the number of stars the program has that they choose to use. As a 4 star program, the family was awarded $8000 PER child PER year to use for anything the state didn't already cover via the child care assistance program.

So basically this family no longer has to pay ANY of their child care costs and they get to use MORE hours. I do not get paid any more money for the additional work because I already bill them a weekly rate as they attend 4 days a week.

So I work MORE hours for them for NO additional money and the family is now in the position to buy a new van (TOP of the line) and mom had some plastic surgery done. She blatantly said that not having to pay any of her child care costs has allowed her to do those things.

Now I am not begrudging the family for ANY of their spending choices...to each their own but I am the one that did the work...I am the one that has to record, log and document a ton of stuff for the program and I am the one that ends up caring for their children the most waking hours but the parents (not even the kids in any way) benefit.

There is a lot more but I won't get that deep.....but I do feel the program has the right intentions but it seems to be benefiting the wrong people and in my opinion in the wrong ways.

I also participate in our round table meetings, am finding other ways to be a part of the program and get the voices of providers heard. I am sincerely hoping that they really learn from these first few years of implementing this program and change a few things. I can see the possible benefits..... but we shall see.
daycare 08:42 AM 09-16-2015
i am 100% private pay and there is ZERO benefit for me to be in this program. I do get free services kike health exams, program comes to my house and they conduct on site, but 99.9 % of my parents do not want to participate in them. they all have insurance and if they are required to get a yearly physical, all of that is conducted at that time anyways so why over do it?

UGH.... i wish I would wake up and this would just be all a bad dream....lol
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 09-16-2015
i am 100% private pay and there is ZERO benefit for me to be in this program. I do get free services kike health exams, program comes to my house and they conduct on site, but 99.9 % of my parents do not want to participate in them. they all have insurance and if they are required to get a yearly physical, all of that is conducted at that time anyways so why over do it?

In a way, we are REQUIRED to serve families on state assistance. It's a big part of the QRIS program in a lot of ways.

I currently keep only one family on state assistance. We get points (so on the opposite side, we lose points) if we have families on state assistance.
Cat Herder 09:01 AM 09-16-2015

I am private pay, too.

The education part was awesome, though. Paying for it, not so much, but I wish I had had that before I had my kids. The first year of it is taught in high schools, now. Free.

I fully support provider taking these classes. They don't just teach childcare. They teach HUMAN development (through death) all life stages and the issues that accompany that. There was so much more to it. I loved my classes, still take a couple online a week since I paid for the "unlimited" plan. I am taking every single one they offer. For once, I am the client "getting my money worth" of services.
sharlan 09:08 AM 09-16-2015
I had to turn my home into a daycare center. A complete classroom. The list of required supplies was incredible.

*3 inch mats, because they mash down to the minimum 2 inches when laid upon. (OK)
*Evacuation cribs. (I don't take infants.)
*Individual linens, washed daily on site. (I wash weekly.)
*Must supply formula/baby food. (I already do.)
*Must have a breast feeding area. (My living room, no privacy.)
*Must have a toy/curriculum lending library. (NOT HAPPENING.)
*Must have a parent education library. (Again, not happening.)
*Must have pamphlets for each possible thing that could happen to a family on hand at all times. (Again, nope.)
*Must have a complete first aid kit inside and outside, clearly posted sign. (I have one in the playroom and one in my car.)
*No art supply can say "keep out of reach" so they have to be "crunchy" products. (Everything says keep out of reach of children.)
*Must have posters of all current kids and their families posted within child eye level. (NOPE)
*Must have current growth charts of the current kids within child eye level. (Parents can do that at home.)
*Must have three current art project, from each child, up on walls at all times.
Must be 3-d, multi-faceted, open ended and using several types of material. (I send them home the day they're made. Parents can display them.)
*All toy bins must have a photo of what is in them, with both an image and written description, even if all toy bins are clear. (I don't label bins, they're either open or see through.)
*All rugs must be taped. (No rugs.)
*Commercial curriculum only and must be on the approved li$t. (Various curriculums, but not using any. All of my parents are erratic right now.) *Must have commercial changing table, with strap, lip 8 inches. (Floor works just fine for me.)
*Must have sand and water play daily. (Ok)
*Must have an outdoor art center. Etc. (Chalk and paint brushes for the water tables work?)

Oh, and the college tuition, mileage, supplies and textbooks.
(I am 61 and I AM NOT going back to school. I want to spend my money on my hobbies not something I'm not planning on using.)

As I have repeatedly said, I will shut my doors if this ever takes place in my area. I am a "HOME DAYCARE". I am not a head start program, I am not a preschool. I do not advertise as either.
Annalee 09:14 AM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
The union in WI has fought the QRIS tooth-and-nail. Unsuccessfully, though. They've also fought a bunch of other things, somewhat successfully.
For what it is worth and coming from the Pilot state for QRIS, QRIS is bigger than any organization....it is in law here and I look for it to be that way everywhere at some point. Providers here have fought and even met with legislators/law makers, QRIS is NOT going away! I am having my 14th assessment/report card next spring...and yes, already dreading it....BUT have give up fighting the system...IT IS A NO WIN BATTLE!!!!!
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 09-16-2015
(I am 61 and I AM NOT going back to school. I want to spend my money on my hobbies not something I'm not planning on using.)

As I have repeatedly said, I will shut my doors if this ever takes place in my area. I am a "HOME DAYCARE". I am not a head start program, I am not a preschool. I do not advertise as either.
What kills me is that the entire QRIS platform was based on Head Start as "the model" of early childhood education.

But according to the federal government (who funds BOTH programs) Head Start is an 8 billion $ failure with NO proven benefits to anyone other than those families/children that need to or needed to "catch up" to their peers.

Cat Herder 09:18 AM 09-16-2015
What kills me I that the entire QRIS platform was based on Head Start as "the model" of early childhood education.

But according to the federal government (who funds BOTH programs) Head Start is an 8 billion $ failure with NO proven benefits to anyone other than those families/children that need to or needed to "catch up" to their peers.

Yep.

Up next: "The Growth Mindset". (as opposed to the fixed mindset in education)

You heard it here first, folks. Tip your waiter.
daycare 09:30 AM 09-16-2015
In a way, we are REQUIRED to serve families on state assistance. It's a big part of the QRIS program in a lot of ways.

I currently keep only one family on state assistance. We get points (so on the opposite side, we lose points) if we have families on state assistance.
in the 7 years that I have been in business up here since moving, I have yet to have 1 person call me to ask if I take assistance.

so I don't know how I would even find one. here the average income is well over $165k a year.
daycare 09:32 AM 09-16-2015
What kills me is that the entire QRIS platform was based on Head Start as "the model" of early childhood education.

round of applause please....OMG....I asked this question during the orientation and they came to me and said you can come talk to me privately after.
Blackcat31 09:33 AM 09-16-2015
in the 7 years that I have been in business up here since moving, I have yet to have 1 person call me to ask if I take assistance.

so I don't know how I would even find one. here the average income is well over $165k a year.
They offer incentives for parents to find a provider/program that participates in QRIS so trust me if that part becomes part of your area QRIS, they WILL find you. LOL!!

Even if that means having to travel out of their way. The scholarships my family(ies) get covers any expenses they incur in order to access high quality programs.

My wait list has quadrupled since I became a star rated provider and 75% of those that are new to my wait list are families waiting to get into a participating program because of the benefits to them.
Baby lady 10:06 AM 09-16-2015
Me too! 30 years in LA County
daycare 11:35 AM 09-16-2015
They offer incentives for parents to find a provider/program that participates in QRIS so trust me if that part becomes part of your area QRIS, they WILL find you. LOL!!

Even if that means having to travel out of their way. The scholarships my family(ies) get covers any expenses they incur in order to access high quality programs.

My wait list has quadrupled since I became a star rated provider and 75% of those that are new to my wait list are families waiting to get into a participating program because of the benefits to them.
not to sound sassy, but people are below the income level, just can't afford to live here. the housing prices have run those people pretty much out of town. there are a few free head starts here and they are not even full
Tags:qris, stars program
Reply Up