Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Carpet Cleaning?
sahm1225 06:58 PM 07-15-2011
Am I supposed to vacuum the carpet BEFORE they come to do the cleaning? My husband is concerned that they wont take the time to vacuum the stairs and that I should do it BEFORE they come.

I think that is something that they handle, but I honestly don't know and the company is closed so I can't call to ask... It's hot, I'm pregnant and tired and the thought of vacuuming anything (let alone the stairs) is just so not appealing at the moment..

Can anyone tell me what their experience was and whether or not you vacuumed the carpet before they came? Thanks!
cheerfuldom 07:00 PM 07-15-2011
I don't remember vacuuming a thing whenever we had our carpet cleaned.
PitterPatter 07:04 PM 07-15-2011
I always vaccume before the carpet cleaners come. I have only used 2 dif companies in 10 yrs but neither one has ever offered to vaccume so I just do it. I guess I should ask next time I may be doing part of their work for free.
Unregistered 07:18 PM 07-15-2011
Just wondering - if your husband is concerned about the vacuuming, is there a particular reason that he can't do it - instead of pregnant you?
Sunshine44 07:54 PM 07-15-2011
You are supposed to vacuum and make sure they are relatively clean beforehand...like make sure there isn't clumps of hair or dust and such everywhere. I always vacuum before they come. And I agree, make your hubby do the vacuuming...
SilverSabre25 08:10 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Sunshine44:
You are supposed to vacuum and make sure they are relatively clean beforehand...like make sure there isn't clumps of hair or dust and such everywhere. I always vacuum before they come. And I agree, make your hubby do the vacuuming...
TOTALLY make your dear husband vacuum for you.
erinalexmom 10:18 AM 07-16-2011
yes you really arent supposed to vacum when your pregnant so please dont
Meeko 08:21 PM 07-16-2011
If hubby is so concerned...he needs to do it himself! Good grief!
Abigail 08:44 PM 07-16-2011
I would call to double check on things. Some companies give really good deals because they will not move furniture or pick anything up or vacuum. Typically they don't carry a standard vacuum, only the carpet cleaning machine since it's their job. Some companies will move all the furniture to another room and put it back, but it comes with a price. It would only take me 15 minutes to remove everything from my livingroom into my kitchen with this open floorplan, but would suck trying to walk around things until the floor is dry. I have my own carpet cleaner that I use every few months just because I feel like doing it....it's relaxing and funny to watch my cats tip toe across wet floor not knowing where to step next. Ha Ha. When I open daycare I'll be cleaning more regularly.
Kaddidle Care 04:24 AM 07-17-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
My husband is concerned that they wont take the time to vacuum the stairs and that I should do it BEFORE they come.
Show him where the vacuum is dear, and show him where to plug it in. He'd better get his butt in gear because he's going to have to pitch in more when baby comes along.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just wondering - if your husband is concerned about the vacuuming, is there a particular reason that he can't do it - instead of pregnant you?

Originally Posted by Sunshine44:
And I agree, make your hubby do the vacuuming...

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
TOTALLY make your dear husband vacuum for you.

Originally Posted by Meeko60:
If hubby is so concerned...he needs to do it himself! Good grief!

reyan19 11:30 PM 04-25-2018
Hello,

Please suggest me some best carpet cleaning products because I have a daycare centre and I don't want children to get dust infection by carpet.
So, please suggest me some best product for carpet cleaning.???
lovemykidstoo 05:11 AM 04-26-2018
Yes my husband owns a carpet/tile cleaning business. He does not vacuum before he cleans. He doesn't carry a regular vac with him. Walk through and vacuum and pick up anything that doesn't get sucked up. He cleans our carpets without furniture and then in between those cleanings, he does the high traffic areas. When you're hiring someone, if you only need the high traffic areas done, it definitely will be cheaper. Check with the company you hire too, they should have big fans they can leave with you for a bit to help it dry faster so you're not walking on wet carpet all day.
Pestle 06:10 AM 04-26-2018
It's been seven years and I'm dying to know. SAHM, was your husband setting you up to collect the insurance money after you "fell" down the stairs?

Did it go like this?
sahm1225 07:40 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
It's been seven years and I'm dying to know. SAHM, was your husband setting you up to collect the insurance money after you "fell" down the stairs?

Did it go like this?
I don’t even remember asking this
I have no idea what happened but either he vacuumed or the company did? And I was about 3 months pregnant so not even a big bump, but it sounded more dramatic to throw in the ‘I’m pregnant’
lovemykidstoo 07:43 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I don’t even remember asking this
I have no idea what happened but either he vacuumed or the company did? And I was about 3 months pregnant so not even a big bump, but it sounded more dramatic to throw in the ‘I’m pregnant’
Isn't that funny? I've had posts here that I've either started a thread or responded that pop up years later and it takes me a minute to remember it lol. I didnt even notice the date on this haha
Cat Herder 10:28 AM 11-13-2018
Spamming is frowned upon.
Tags:2011, carpet cleaner
Reply Up