Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Charge for This?
childcaremom 07:42 AM 07-12-2016
I have a client who needs 3 set days/week, with possibility of a 4th part day (I don't do part days so would see if she would come full day or not at all on that 4th day).

My full time rate: 4 or 5 days = $185/week

What/How would you charge for 3 days? I am struggling to come up with a part time rate as I haven't done it in a while.
Controlled Chaos 07:47 AM 07-12-2016
185/5 days a week = 37 a day. I would make it a round $40 a day for more part time. 3days a week x $40 a day = $120 a week. Some formula of that nature
Snowmom 07:51 AM 07-12-2016
Do you want to offer part time rates?

For me personally: My rate is my rate, no matter how many days or hours are used.
A long time ago, I used to offer part time rates, but considered 3 days (out of the 5 I'm open) full time anyway.

The fact that they may need a fourth day too... I'd just charge them FT or MAYBE $5 less if I really, really, really liked them.
childcaremom 08:07 AM 07-12-2016
I used to charge $42/day part time. But it doesn't seem worth it to me anymore.

So was leaning towards just charging my weekly rate, regardless if the child is here or not, which takes the pressure off of me to find someone to fit around the part time schedule.

Hmm.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 07-12-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
185/5 days a week = 37 a day. I would make it a round $40 a day for more part time. 3days a week x $40 a day = $120 a week. Some formula of that nature
This is how I do it too...

ONLY for those that need 3 SET days per week. If they need varying 3 days, the rate is slightly higher.

For those that use only 3 days a week, they pay the set rate and IF they need an additional day, they pay the 3 days AND the fourth at the same daily rate and ONLY if the 4th day is available.

I do offer half days for those families that are enrolled at 3+ days a week but the half days are in blocks of time. An AM block and a PM block. Neither block includes lunch or rest time. If they are present at lunch or rest time, the rate is the full daily rate.
rosieteddy 08:34 AM 07-12-2016
I would charge 125.00 for 3 set days.If they wanted to add 4th day I would charge an extra 40.00 dollars. I would n't offer the full time rate ,you may be able to fill it with another part time. I hated if they just paid for the week because it was more cost effective.I ended up making more with part timers .
mommyneedsadayoff 09:28 AM 07-12-2016
I would charge $45-50 per day or just stick with the full rate. If you think you can fill the other part time spot, then maybe less, but if it is basically going to take up your full time spot (especially if they want a 4th day eventually), then make it worth your while or set a price that pushes them to pay the full rate. Just expect that if they pay the full rate, they will probably want to come all five days
AmyKidsCo 11:50 AM 07-12-2016
I consider anything over 25 hours to be full time, so if the three days total more than 25 hours they'd pay the full time rate. But then I wouldn't fill the "off" days because the parents would be paying for them, even if they didn't need them.
childcaremom 01:31 PM 07-12-2016
Thanks all!
Tags:part time care rates, tuition
Reply Up