Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Regular Schedule?
Unregistered 12:30 PM 04-06-2020
Need advice on how to nicely tell a parent we need to stick to the regular schedule for the kids sake. The parent is out of school due to corona virus and picked up more hours at work. The child is not used to being here at naptime and it didn't go well at all.

How do I nicely word it that we need to stick to his normal schedule??
Cat Herder 12:40 PM 04-06-2020
It is difficult to answer without knowing your tuition policy.

Is there a charge for more hours? Maybe if you give them the updated cost, they will choose the regular schedule?

For me, I'd just have to deal with it since my tuition policy allows them to attend from open-close 5 days per week or not at all. Same price. I like the consistent budget it gives.
Unregistered 12:42 PM 04-06-2020
It's a state subsidy client.
Cat Herder 12:46 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It's a state subsidy client.
Got it. Ugh.

It has been so long since I have taken subsidy that I can't remember the specific cut off hours. I seem to recall each family had a specific number of hours they could attend per week. Their payment amount and co-pay was based on it.

I know the pre-k kids are being given up to 6.5 hours per day, in private centers, right now even though the program is shut down.
Blackcat31 01:29 PM 04-06-2020
Personally I’d just be frank with the parent and let them know that naptime is difficult since their child is not accustomed to it

I would be willing to work with the parent on solving this issue but I would have to make sure the parent understood that if I was unable to calm the child and get them to sleep they would have to come pick up so the rest of the kids can rest.

No matter what is going on in the world I can’t let one child impact the routine in care of the other company
Tags:hours - changing, tuition, tuition policy
Reply Up