Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playing In The Rain
Country Kids 11:04 AM 06-28-2011
I know-here it is summer and someone is asking about rain! Well it rained here today and suppose to tomorrow also. We seriously had a full week of sun just last week! Anyway, do any of you go outside to play when it is raining? I'm just thinking that all the play equipment will be wet, then the kids will be wet, then I will be changing 6 kids everyday if we go outside. Also, alot of times (most) when it rains here it is a steady downpour. Another think is sometimes it will be for 7-8 months of coldness and rain. We were seriously stir crazy for sun by the time it came and now the lovely rain again! I'm trying to plan ahead for the fall/winter when it will be raining at least a few times a week.
SandeeAR 11:06 AM 06-28-2011
I don't, but mine are all under 2.
DEBBIES DAYCARE 12:38 PM 06-28-2011
Right now I have an infant so I wouldnt go out unless I have someone who can stay with him inside. But yea I've been known to let the kids go outside. A few times last summer I set up the kiddie pool and we were in it in the rain. That was great fun! I dont let them play on the plastic climbing toys or the riding toys as they are slippery. Its more an organized outdoor play where we stay on the grass and run around or do ring around the rosie, or as I said go in the pool. Usually I have them barefoot. Its messy and hectic when they come in, but worth it to me! They love it.
Meyou 01:19 PM 06-28-2011
I do but we walk instead so they don't get muddy. We have some walking trails nearby and head for those when it rains for more than a day.
Hunni Bee 04:45 PM 06-28-2011
I'd love to let mine...I mean, how much fun would that be to play in the rain on a 90+ degree day?

But the thought 15-20 kiddos trying to change clothes right before lunch is appalling.

I really wouldn't care if they ran around in their underwear while everybody's clothes dried in the dryer...I have so many now I usually separate them by gender anyway. We're a family-style center, so it's really not unusual so see someone in their underwear anyway...

I may do that....thanks for the idea
youretooloud 05:17 PM 06-28-2011
We would!!!!

If it ever rained.
Country Kids 10:04 AM 06-30-2011
Third day of icky cold weather! Kids have wore jackets the last three days. Will it ever end? Tomorrow they are calling for 81 degrees! Yes, I can't wait and I hope it does come.
ammama 11:26 AM 06-30-2011
Rainy days are some of our favorites I put littles in the stroller, covered with the rain shield (I only have had 1 under 3 in the last year, and that was my DD), and the rest put on their splash pants, raincoat, rubbers and grab an umbrella (I have enough for all the kids), and we go for puddle jumping walks. We usually only make it around the block in an hour. I require really good rain clothes to be provided by parents. I also let them just play in the backyard in the mud/sand etc when it's raining. Sooo much fun
DCP&Momof3 11:36 AM 06-30-2011
We get the monsoons here in Az so when it rains it really rains. If I only have a couple of kids, it's a light rain & there's no lightning then I treat it just like a regular water play day and change them into their swim clothes to play in the rain. We don't play on any of the play equipment & usually not for a very long time.The kids love it & so do I. It's a nice treat since it hardly rains here until the monsoons.
Tags:mud, playing in the rain, rain, raining
Reply Up