Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Crystal...This One's For You!
jen 07:13 AM 03-15-2011
Parents Are Borrowing From Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisper NYTimes.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/22/fa...FXv3MJ/EuYf2MA

Actually, I'm not trying to annoy you...but I do think this is an example of when someone on the forum gets immediately offended by some comment without really giving it thought. Is there really nothing we can learn from the animal kingdom or puppy training when it comes to children?

Are we really comparing children to dogs in the negative "wow" light you percieve?

Sometimes I think we just need to take a moment and really think about it before we post these "wow, just wow!" comments!

Hail Cesar!
nannyde 07:48 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
Parents Are Borrowing From Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisper NYTimes.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/22/fa...FXv3MJ/EuYf2MA

Actually, I'm not trying to annoy you...but I do think this is an example of when someone on the forum gets immediately offended by some comment without really giving it thought. Is there really nothing we can learn from the animal kingdom or puppy training when it comes to children?

Are we really comparing children to dogs in the negative "wow" light you percieve?

Sometimes I think we just need to take a moment and really think about it before we post these "wow, just wow!" comments!

Hail Cesar!
Yes Hail Cesar

We have so much in common with other species. We need to learn from them and apply what CAN be applied to small children. Cesar is brilliant. I've learned so much from him.
Crystal 08:37 AM 03-15-2011
I understand that children in care are part of a group, yet I hesitate to call it a "pack". My group of children sometimes follow one another, but more often than not behave in their own unique ways.

I prefer to treat children as INDIVIDUALS, with their own temperaments and reactions to stimuli/environments/people and treat them as such.

Just because people follow Cesar, does not mean they are right.
jen 08:53 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I understand that children in care are part of a group, yet I hesitate to call it a "pack". My group of children sometimes follow one another, but more often than not behave in their own unique ways.

I prefer to treat children as INDIVIDUALS, with their own temperaments and reactions to stimuli/environments/people and treat them as such.

LOL...You missed the point. You don't need to... Wow! Just Wow! or because a theory isn't in line with YOUR theory. Many people are utilizing different theories and finding them highly successful. Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean you need to be disrespectful of their ideas. "Wow...just Wow" is disrespectful as is rolling your eyes at someone.

I'm actually a little surprised given your education you are so quick to dismiss other theories so quickly. In psychology, the first thing you learn is that you should never limit yourself to ONE school of psychological thought. You should always pay attention to what can be learned from other theories and adapt the best of that theory to fit your personal style. It seems to me, that by being so dismissive of other schools of thought, you are really limiting yourself and your program.

There is almost always something positive to be learned when you make the effort to understand another perspective.
laundrymom 08:57 AM 03-15-2011
Well I use his ideas for my dog and he DOES wear a Tshirt I made for him to wear in the cold that says " my dog behaves better than your kid". And,...... It's true. I use the same types of ideas on in my childcare. Happy, well exercised kids involved in a mentally and physically type environment showered with positive guidance and love? Hmmm gee everyone should be so lucky.
MommyMuffin 09:11 AM 03-15-2011
I am glad someone else thinks comments made by Crystal are sometimes just inappropriate and mean spirited. I tried once before to mention it.
dEHmom 09:39 AM 03-15-2011

Crystal, I might be wrong but I dont' think anyone mentioned anything about kids being a "pack" I used the word "group" but it is the same in some lights.

No one said we weren't treating the children and allowing them to be individuals. By no means was that ever intended.

BUT we all have to work together in a group so it flows smoothly. Do you let Johnny run around climbing on furniture because that's what he enjoys doing, and let Sally cut Jilly's hair because thats what she enjoys doing?

Each child will have individual qualities that they can bring to the group, set them apart from the group, but the group as a whole has to have some form of limits/boundaries, some form of generally acceptable behaviors, and attitudes to abide by, to keep everyone in check and to keep the day as happy, as can be.
nannyde 09:49 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Well I use his ideas for my dog and he DOES wear a Tshirt I made for him to wear in the cold that says " my dog behaves better than your kid". And,...... It's true. I use the same types of ideas on in my childcare. Happy, well exercised kids involved in a mentally and physically type environment showered with positive guidance and love? Hmmm gee everyone should be so lucky.
" my dog behaves better than your kid".

I need one that says "my kids behave better than my dogs".

The brown pup http://www.nanshouse.com/apps/photos...toid=110033810 NEEDS a trip to the Dog Psychology Center.

The Daycare Whisperer could use some Dog Whisperer whine removal intervention.
jen 09:52 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

The brown pup http://www.nanshouse.com/apps/photos...toid=110033810 NEEDS a trip to the Dog Psychology Center.

Holy smokes! That is one cute puppy! What kind of dog is that? We have Teddy Bears...I love them!
dEHmom 09:53 AM 03-15-2011
lol my dogs are constantly running away. I tie them up, and they untie themselves, open the gate and run away. OR they get collars off and run away.

They are far too smart of dogs. don't ask me how they do it, but they do it. A couple of times, they some how switched collars! some times they switch chains too, but I cannot figure this out.

Or else we have a little elf that is very mischievous.
nikia 09:57 AM 03-15-2011
I must have missed something..... why is there a thread to gang up on Crystal???

I think we have all said rude things on here, whether we meant them that way or not.

Since I am leaving daycare and probably wont be on here much, I want to say this and you ladies can take it or leave it: We are all in the same business and although we do things differently there is still a human being on the other side of the computer screen, picking certain people out in this group or being mean doesnt help anyone, nor is it the point of this forum.

I am not saying that is what you were doing Jen, I havent seen you be rude so I dont think that is the intent, I just want you ladies to support each other and be kind. When I first started on this forum I started a thread called Santa Claus, and instead of getting feedback in a non-judgmental way it went crazy and it turned into personal attacks. I was a bit taken back, but kept coming and Im glad I did because I love this forum, but wow it didnt take long for me to be attacked and honestly I felt like SH** because of it.

So anyway stepping down now Thanks for all the advice that I have gotten here I have cried, laughed and even gotten angry on this forum but it was fun and made me not lose my mind with no adult interaction.
kendallina 10:05 AM 03-15-2011
DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST CREATE A THREAD TO BE RUDE TO ANOTHER MEMBER??? If you have a problem with how someone handles things, please find your nice voice and send a PM.

I am very very sad that there are so many providers on this forum that have so little respect for others and have such a small amount of professionalism.
dEHmom 10:12 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST CREATE A THREAD TO BE RUDE TO ANOTHER MEMBER??? If you have a problem with how someone handles things, please find your nice voice and send a PM.

I am very very sad that there are so many providers on this forum that have so little respect for others and have such a small amount of professionalism.
While I believe the name of the thread could have been more tasteful, it is a great topic to have it's own thread.

I don't believe there is anyone attacking this particular member though. Except maybe the op.

I just wanted to make it clear that we are not saying we are using Caesars methods to "train" our children like they are animals. Just that his methods can be applied to other aspects of everyday life, including raising children.
Crystal 10:20 AM 03-15-2011
First, let me say thanks to Nikia and Kendallina for having my back

Second, let me say, I can "get" that we must command respect from our charges.....but I think it needs to be done in a DAP way, not a "I am the alpha dog here, so do as I say" way.

deHMom, I think that you mean it in a DAP way. Others I have seen here, in previous, far past posts, have stated it in a way that they expect the children to bow down and do as they are told, with no room for a child to be an individual, and to be treated as such.

Now, I'm going to leave this thread, as it will just continue to be a thread about how I am wrong and you all are right and it's not worth my time to particpate in something that will go absolutley nowhere.
laundrymom 10:23 AM 03-15-2011
OMGosh that is an adorable dog!!!!!

MommyMuffin 10:26 AM 03-15-2011
you forgot your eye roll icon.
jen 10:30 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
While I believe the name of the thread could have been more tasteful, it is a great topic to have it's own thread.

I don't believe there is anyone attacking this particular member though. Except maybe the op.

I just wanted to make it clear that we are not saying we are using Caesars methods to "train" our children like they are animals. Just that his methods can be applied to other aspects of everyday life, including raising children.
Uhmmm no. I wasn't being rude to Crystal. If you look at the babygate thread, Crystal was doing her "Wow, just Wow" thing in response to a reference someone made regarding Cesar Milan. I'm sorry, but THAT is rude.

It just so happens that I came across an article regarding Cesar (I didn't know who it was, did a search) and discovered many people, including some child development experts are taking some key points from his theories and applying them to children and I wanted to point that out to her. None of us should be so quick to judge another providers or another "experts" school of thought.

Unfortunately, my point has been completely lost. Aside from making the more academic point, I am a little tired of Crystal rolling her eyes or doing the "Wow" thing which clearly implies that those of us who might disagree with her are simply beyone comprehension.
MyAngels 10:33 AM 03-15-2011
Uhmmm no. I wasn't being rude to Crystal. If you look at the babygate thread, Crystal was doing her "Wow, just Wow" thing in response to a reference someone made regarding Cesar Milan. I'm sorry, but THAT is rude.

It just so happens that I came across an article regarding Cesar (I didn't know who it was, did a search) and discovered many people, including some child development experts are taking some key points from his theories and applying them to children and I wanted to point that out to her. None of us should be so quick to judge another providers or another "experts" school of thought.

Unfortunately, my point has been completely lost. Aside from making the more academic point, I am a little tired of Crystal rolling her eyes or doing the "Wow" thing which clearly implies that those of us who might disagree with her are simply beyone comprehension.
I rarely get in on the "controversy" threads, but I do agree with this.

It is easy to deal with posters that you aren't interested in hearing from, though, just by adding them to your ignore list.
dEHmom 10:37 AM 03-15-2011

It was a little rude and it threw me off when she made the comment. My defense went up.

However, by putting her name on the thread, you have finger pointed. And I would be incredibly hurt if someone called me out like that. Thats all I meant.

There is an ignore option! lol first i've heard of this.
jen 10:48 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
It was a little rude and it threw me off when she made the comment. My defense went up.

However, by putting her name on the thread, you have finger pointed. And I would be incredibly hurt if someone called me out like that. Thats all I meant.

There is an ignore option! lol first i've heard of this.
I totally get where you are coming from! I had considered simply doing a quote in the original thread. In the end, I decided it really is the same thing...when we quote and respond, we are calling someone out on something... and by chosing that option I would be taking that thread more off-topic then it already was. So, I created a new thread which was directed at Crystal, but not for the intention of being rude, but to share information directly with her. But, yes, I could have sent a pm and then posted a link for others who may be interested in a seperate thread. I did think the article was fabulous!

All of that aside, when one is rude to people, others are going to call you on it. Just as you have called me out! I'm OK with that...if we are going to make bold statements, rude remarks, or roll our eyes at people, we should expect it!

I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that she may have expected a harsh response to her post.
DCMomOf3 11:04 AM 03-15-2011
I totally get where you are coming from! I had considered simply doing a quote in the original thread. In the end, I decided it really is the same thing...when we quote and respond, we are calling someone out on something... and by chosing that option I would be taking that thread more off-topic then it already was. So, I created a new thread which was directed at Crystal, but not for the intention of being rude, but to share information directly with her. But, yes, I could have sent a pm and then posted a link for others who may be interested in a seperate thread. I did think the article was fabulous!

All of that aside, when one is rude to people, others are going to call you on it. Just as you have called me out! I'm OK with that...if we are going to make bold statements, rude remarks, or roll our eyes at people, we should expect it!

I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that she may have expected a harsh response to her post.
There was an easy way to start a thread without directly calling anyone out. Title the thread "Speaking of Cesear Milan.." and let the link speak for itself.

I am getting pretty sad from the P/A posting that has been going on this last week. there are ways to talk about something without bringing down anyone. And to say Crystal asked for/expected rudeness, reads like you think she is to blame for any negative response that is posted, when actually she is just responsible for what she herself said.

Everyone should remember that:

You can't control others, but you can control you.
Treat others as you wish to be treated.
You get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

and any other cliches that fit.
kendallina 11:04 AM 03-15-2011
I can't really speak for Crystal and her comment. But what I can say is that in real life when you network with other providers as much as she does I bet she never hears people saying many of the things that you read on this forum. There is a lot of misguided suggestions and advice doled out here on this forum that is shocking to say the least.

I seriously do worry about new providers coming on here and thinking that some of the misguided advice given here is appropriate and acceptable. There have been many times when I've read something and thought, 'wow'. And while I try (and I feel Crystal does as well) to normally be helpful in my responses, I know sometime (like today, for me) I just get so overwhelmed by the inappropriateness of the suggestions that it's hard to put words to it.

And, believe me, if the advice that Crystal was talking about was mentioned in a room full of real-life providers who understand child development, it would have been met with a room full of "WOW"s.
kendallina 11:06 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:

Everyone should remember that:

You can't control others, but you can control you.
Treat others as you wish to be treated.
You get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

and any other cliches that fit.
Yes, thank you, you are absolutely right.

Now I'm going to dust off my smile and get back to the real world.
Michael 02:21 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I rarely get in on the "controversy" threads, but I do agree with this.

It is easy to deal with posters that you aren't interested in hearing from, though, just by adding them to your ignore list.
MyAngels, although I've never used it. Would you mind telling everyone how to use it and how it works?
nannyde 02:28 PM 03-15-2011
Holy smokes! That is one cute puppy! What kind of dog is that? We have Teddy Bears...I love them!
She was sold to me as a teddy bear but I think she's got some kind of mickey mouse chasing dog in her.

She is SO fussy. I've never had a puppy like this. My son calls her a "Mom Addict"
Unregistered 02:36 PM 03-15-2011
I've seen posts that have been much more offensive than the OP's post. I think that maybe my perception of what I consider to be rude is a bit different than other people's idea of what "rude" is.

I'm not saying that this is right, but there are some people who put a bulls-eye on their chest when giving opinions not because of the content of their opinion, but in the way that it's delivered. Anytime a person makes a post that has a condescending tone, there could be people just waiting for the chance to knock her down a peg. Again, I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that I've seen it happen.

I don't consider this forum any more mean spirited than any other forum where there is a mix of parents and providers. I just think that some subjects can bring out the inner meanness in people, but it seems like it all passes pretty quickly for the most part.
Michael 02:36 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
MyAngels, although I've never used it. Would you mind telling everyone how to use it and how it works?
Ok, here is how you put someone in your "Ignore" list.

Click on the User CP link in the upper left side of the forum. (In the Dark Blue Section)

Click on Edit Ignore List in the left hand column (In the Dark Blue Section)

You can add member names there.

Ignore away!
Michael 02:38 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've seen posts that have been much more offensive than the OP's post. I think that maybe my perception of what I consider to be rude is a bit different than other people's idea of what "rude" is.

I'm not saying that this is right, but there are some people who put a bulls-eye on their chest when giving opinions not because of the content of their opinion, but in the way that it's delivered. Anytime a person makes a post that has a condescending tone, there could be people just waiting for the chance to knock her down a peg. Again, I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that I've seen it happen.

I don't consider this forum any more mean spirited than any other forum where there is a mix of parents and providers. I just think that some subjects can bring out the inner meanness in people, but it seems like it all passes pretty quickly for the most part.
Yep, notice I haven't closed this thread yet. It is still civil.
nannyde 02:56 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:

If you read the article and have been reading the boards you would see that someone else outside of our world has made the correlation to the techniques and heirarchy work that Cesar Milan does with dogs and pack of dogs as similiar to raising healthy balanced children in human "packs" or families.

It's not that big of a leap. Crystal thinks it's a shame and someone who writes for the New York Times thinks it's an interesting comparison.

That's all

There ARE similarities and it's OKAY to understand them. It doesn't mean we are mistreating kids... or not understanding their humaness or their differences to other species. It means we are celebrating the commonality between the species.

Sheesh what would be the purpose of studying different species if we didn't take the time to compare and contrast them to the human species?

Cesar very carefully fields these types of comparisons because the poor guy gets his arse kicked enough about saying no to dogs.
Cat Herder 03:44 PM 03-15-2011
I do think the concept is fascinating. I love to hear differing viewpoints...I could do with less condemnation, sure.

I refer to my "group" as my "herd" all the time (FTR, cats are very "individualized", hence the reference. It is supposed to be ironic) .

I lead by example in the hopes that my Littles will follow.

I feed them well, make sure they get plenty of exercise, mental stimulation, keep them groomed, and let them feel safe and confident that there is a leader in the room. (Exploration is not as enticing when you feel unsafe or exposed.)

Just seems a simple concept enough??

No need to throw colors, IMHO....

There are thousands of theories and philosophies out there. Not every one will work for every child or adult. Not every one will stand the test of time (I recall being taught, in a classroom, how to "effectively" paddle back in the day).
jen 03:59 PM 03-15-2011
She was sold to me as a teddy bear but I think she's got some kind of mickey mouse chasing dog in her.

She is SO fussy. I've never had a puppy like this. My son calls her a "Mom Addict"
LOL! They do have a ton of personality don't they!!!! I have two and they are as different as night and day, but equally needy
nannyde 04:50 PM 03-15-2011
I can "get" that we must command respect from our charges.....but I think it needs to be done in a DAP way, not a "I am the alpha dog here, so do as I say" way.
http://daycarewhisperer.webs.com/apps/testimonials/

If you look at the topr right testimonial you will see one from one of my long term clients. Her child was tested for talented and gifted one year and five months after being in my home for five years.

The child was tested and got into our talented and gifted program as a SIX year old and didn't have a single day of DAP in her early childhood.

You DO understand there are many methods of child rearing that net super great kids. Really smart, kind, and respectful children....

It IS possible. I do it year after year after year.
Lucy 05:11 PM 03-15-2011

My thoughts exactly.
nannyde 05:14 PM 03-15-2011
LOL! They do have a ton of personality don't they!!!! I have two and they are as different as night and day, but equally needy
Ah you don't know what a needy puppy is until you get a load of the brown pup.

I watch the Dog Whisperer for FIVE years and do you think I can cure it? NOPE.

She wakes me up so much at night that I have to have her sleep with ds. If I'm anywhere near her she won't sleep.

I know I have to do BIO (bark it out) but I can't do it. Her cry sounds like a wounded hyena. My neighbors would be calling animal control. It's SO loud.

I went to a training class on Saturday https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/appl...re-seminar.htm and came home after being gone eight hours and you would have thought I'd been gone two months. She NEEDS her Mama

The white pup with one black eye http://www.nanshouse.com/apps/photos...toid=120038801
is a dream puppy. They are supposed to be half sisters with the same puppy daddy but I have my doubts. They are NOTHING alike.
Lucy 05:16 PM 03-15-2011
First, let me say thanks to Nikia and Kendallina for having my back

Second, let me say, I can "get" that we must command respect from our charges.....but I think it needs to be done in a DAP way, not a "I am the alpha dog here, so do as I say" way.

deHMom, I think that you mean it in a DAP way. Others I have seen here, in previous, far past posts, have stated it in a way that they expect the children to bow down and do as they are told, with no room for a child to be an individual, and to be treated as such.

Now, I'm going to leave this thread, as it will just continue to be a thread about how I am wrong and you all are right and it's not worth my time to particpate in something that will go absolutley nowhere.
Totally with you here, Crystal. Every word you said describes EXACTLY how I see this topic.
MyAngels 08:18 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Ok, here is how you put someone in your "Ignore" list.

Click on the User CP link in the upper left side of the forum. (In the Dark Blue Section)

Click on Edit Ignore List in the left hand column (In the Dark Blue Section)

You can add member names there.

Ignore away!
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to "ignore" your request , I was watching my son's college ball team play in MS via the internet - too cool!

I've not actually used this feature - I like to hear all opinions, whether I agree or not.
jen 05:29 AM 03-16-2011
Ah you don't know what a needy puppy is until you get a load of the brown pup.

I watch the Dog Whisperer for FIVE years and do you think I can cure it? NOPE.

She wakes me up so much at night that I have to have her sleep with ds. If I'm anywhere near her she won't sleep.

I know I have to do BIO (bark it out) but I can't do it. Her cry sounds like a wounded hyena. My neighbors would be calling animal control. It's SO loud.

I went to a training class on Saturday https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/appl...re-seminar.htm and came home after being gone eight hours and you would have thought I'd been gone two months. She NEEDS her Mama

The white pup with one black eye http://www.nanshouse.com/apps/photos...toid=120038801
is a dream puppy. They are supposed to be half sisters with the same puppy daddy but I have my doubts. They are NOTHING alike.
We let our sleep in the bed with us...they each have to be touching us. Spoiled, spoiled puppies.
nannyde 12:00 PM 03-16-2011
We let our sleep in the bed with us...they each have to be touching us. Spoiled, spoiled puppies.
Yes they have this thing about getting the most possible amount of their body attached to your body.

I have asked the vet TWICE about why she is SO fussy and he keeps telling me she's teething.

"Et tu, Brute?"

As if I haven't heard THAT one before.
jen 12:19 PM 03-16-2011
Yes they have this thing about getting the most possible amount of their body attached to your body.

I have asked the vet TWICE about why she is SO fussy and he keeps telling me she's teething.

"Et tu, Brute?"

As if I haven't heard THAT one before.

Mine must be getting her 4 year molars!!!! hahahaha!! We actually got a 2nd one because we thought she would occupy the first one...now we just have 2 that needs alot of attention!

I'm mostly kidding...they are pretty needy but it is way better now that they have each other!
Zoe 12:35 PM 03-16-2011
I'm totally loving the turn this thread has taken! As you can tell from my profile avatar, I'm a dog lover. My pom sleeps in our headboard on a pillow! And the lab mix we have is more spoiled than she is!
nannyde 12:53 PM 03-16-2011

Mine must be getting her 4 year molars!!!! hahahaha!! We actually got a 2nd one because we thought she would occupy the first one...now we just have 2 that needs alot of attention!

I'm mostly kidding...they are pretty needy but it is way better now that they have each other!
Me too. I seriously thought she would be a great FRIEND and wrasslin partner for white pup with one black eye.

I couldn't WAIT to get another one after having such a sweet one on the first go. I begged the breeder to give me a full blooded sibling.

Now I have the WWF goin on in my livingroom all day long plus whining all night long.

My son keeps saying "Gidget just wants a Momathon all day every day".
missnikki 01:11 PM 03-16-2011
Me too. I seriously thought she would be a great FRIEND and wrasslin partner for white pup with one black eye.

I couldn't WAIT to get another one after having such a sweet one on the first go. I begged the breeder to give me a full blooded sibling.

Now I have the WWF goin on in my livingroom all day long plus whining all night long.

My son keeps saying "Gidget just wants a Momathon all day every day".
Maybe you should call SuperNanny. (I'm kiddin folks...lurking, not voicing my true opinion)
Crystal 01:12 PM 03-16-2011
Sounds like you all need to practice some Cesar Milan methods with your dogs, lol
nannyde 01:16 PM 03-16-2011
Sounds like you all need to practice some Cesar Milan methods with your dogs, lol

I even put a picture of Cesar inside her puppy kennel thinking it would work on some kind of karmic cosmic kind of way... but NOOOOOOOOOO
Crystal 01:20 PM 03-16-2011

nannyde 01:26 PM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Maybe you should call SuperNanny. (I'm kiddin folks...lurking, not voicing my true opinion)
Yeah she needs a DAPPuppy program.

She's not that smart.

When I tell her to come she bolts off the other way.
When I throw something for her to fetch she looks at me like "Whatja do that for?"
She can't do the leash so we put her in her little puppy kennel and put her in the middle seat of the triple stroller for our walks.

I made the mistake of letting her have a buffalo bone after I made broth with it and now every time I make buffalo she jumps head on at the cabinet and whines at the crockpot.

She ah... "special"
Crystal 01:29 PM 03-16-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
I'd love to hear your opinion....even if you think I suck Really, I would. I think you are great voice of reason on this forum.
jen 01:40 PM 03-16-2011
Yeah she needs a DAPPuppy program.

She's not that smart.

When I tell her to come she bolts off the other way.
When I throw something for her to fetch she looks at me like "Whatja do that for?"
She can't do the leash so we put her in her little puppy kennel and put her in the middle seat of the triple stroller for our walks.

I made the mistake of letting her have a buffalo bone after I made broth with it and now every time I make buffalo she jumps head on at the cabinet and whines at the crockpot.

She ah... "special"
LOL...my dogs don't do any of that either. I think they are way too smart for silly games. My white one can't jump on the bed at night, cries until wil pick her up, but she has NO problem getting on the kitchen table. Go figure.
missnikki 01:50 PM 03-16-2011
Well I don't usually like to give personal opinions, more of a paperwork kinda gal....

But since you asked- There will always be someone with an innate skill or ability who is able to do a job and make it look easy. Sometimes, those jobs are things others pay people to do because they themselves struggle with it....for example DAYCARE or DOG TRAINING. Not all people can train their dog, and pay for training. Same token, not everyone can deal with their progeny all the livelong day, and pay someone to do it for them because working is much more within their abilities. (Not to go off on who should be a parent tangent) What I'm trying to say is....

There are similarities in the 2 jobs:
-Patience
-Understanding of development and personalities
-Experience
-Energy for ideas and practices
-Getting parents (or owners) to buy in to make transitions easier

The list goes on and on...
It's only natural to compare the 2 jobs, and guess what----they ARE similar.
nannyde 01:55 PM 03-16-2011
LOL...my dogs don't do any of that either. I think they are way too smart for silly games. My white one can't jump on the bed at night, cries until wil pick her up, but she has NO problem getting on the kitchen table. Go figure.
How much do yours weigh?

Mine are pretty small. Tilly is about eight pounds. Gidget is about five now at six months.

I got Tilly at 12 weeks. The breeder said they don't release them until they are twelve weeks because they are so small that a lot of people can't keep up with the tiny feedings until they are bigger.

She let me have Gidget at eight weeks because she knew me from buying Tilly and the year I hounded her to make me another one. I think now she was just too young and too little. She was less than two pounds when I got her.
jen 01:57 PM 03-16-2011
How much do yours weigh?

Mine are pretty small. Tilly is about eight pounds. Gidget is about five now at six months.

I got Tilly at 12 weeks. The breeder said they don't release them until they are twelve weeks because they are so small that a lot of people can't keep up with the tiny feedings until they are bigger.

She let me have Gidget at eight weeks because she knew me from buying Tilly and the year I hounded her to make me another one. I think now she was just too young and too little. She was less than two pounds when I got her.
one is about 15 and the other probably closer to 20...the one who can get on the table is closer to 20
jen 02:00 PM 03-16-2011
I'm feeling guilty for leaving out my other "family" members...

We have a 13 year old Golden and a 12 year old Brittney. I also have a horse name Pep and a pony named Buttercup.

3 kids, 4 dogs, 2 horses...8 daycare kids!
jen 02:04 PM 03-16-2011
I'd love to hear your opinion....even if you think I suck Really, I would. I think you are great voice of reason on this forum.
FTR, I don't think you suck!
missnikki 02:07 PM 03-16-2011
Oh and of course, I don't think anyone sucks, I just choose to disagree occasionally. It does not mean that will happen everytime, but here and there. No one is completely disregard-able on here.
nannyde 02:07 PM 03-16-2011
one is about 15 and the other probably closer to 20...the one who can get on the table is closer to 20
Oh wow that's big.

These two are really small.
jen 02:42 PM 03-16-2011
Here they are!
Attached: the girls.jpg (92.2 KB) 
nannyde 02:50 PM 03-16-2011
Here they are!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm SO in love See aren't they SO SO SO SO SO SO awesome.

I love this breed. They are so cute and furrilicious.

Tags:forum question
Reply Up