Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do I Word This?
MomBoss 05:26 AM 07-26-2018
A former dcp (left in june) asked me to watch her 3 yr old a couple times this summer. Im low in ratio so i said sure no problem. Well i have new child (infant) starting one of the days she asked and to lessen the chaos I dont want her to come that day anymore. What should I say to this former dcp?
amberrose3dg 05:36 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
A former dcp (left in june) asked me to watch her 3 yr old a couple times this summer. Im low in ratio so i said sure no problem. Well i have new child (infant) starting one of the days she asked and to lessen the chaos I dont want her to come that day anymore. What should I say to this former dcp?
Just tell her you filled spot and no longer have room. They always get mad no matter what. She pulled so you are only offering drop in. It is always based on availability. Full time spot is always first .
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I would just email or text DCM something like;

"Just wanted to give you a head's up. I was able to easily accommodate Jane over the summer since enrollment was low but as I am filling spaces my availability is changing so I just wanted you to know I am no longer able to care for Jane on X day but I am still available on Y and Z days. Thanks!"
Tags:bad fit
Reply Up