Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sickness
Unregistered 04:42 AM 01-26-2015
What does everyone do when they are sick? I was 6 weeks pregnant so not sick per say but am having sickness throughout the day. Last Friday durning snack I had to run to the bathroom 8 times between the start of snack and before we got ready to go outside. Then while outside I threw up twice. Now this morning I've only been open an hour and I've already been to the bathroom twice to throw up. I feel terrible physically and the fact that I have to keep going to be sick. I have a long 34 weeks ahead of me.
Play Care 05:46 AM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What does everyone do when they are sick? I was 6 weeks pregnant so not sick per say but am having sickness throughout the day. Last Friday durning snack I had to run to the bathroom 8 times between the start of snack and before we got ready to go outside. Then while outside I threw up twice. Now this morning I've only been open an hour and I've already been to the bathroom twice to throw up. I feel terrible physically and the fact that I have to keep going to be sick. I have a long 34 weeks ahead of me.
I would talk to your OB. I was put on Zofran with both of my pregnancies due to all day ms which was making me borderline HG (you need to lose 7 lbs to be hg and I was at 4/5...) But in any case I would insist on some type of medication that would stop the vomiting.
If you are planning on providing care after you give birth, I'd be hesitant to close dc due to the symptoms of pregnancy. You may find it hard to find new clients after the fact.
sahm1225 07:11 AM 01-26-2015
Agree with zofran. And eat something every hour, even if it's a cracker. I had horrible morning sickness all 3 pregnancies & hospitalized because of it. Zofran was a life saver and I survived on ritz crackers!

It gets better! Congratulations!

I was sick until about 23-24 weeks but it was manageable. Zofran helped, eating often helped and I think part of it was that I knew what would trigger the vomiting (for me it was specific sounds), so I worked with it. And I went to bed super early when I could and before getting out of bed, I would eat crackers.
Reply Up