Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wwyd?
BumbleBee 04:02 PM 08-08-2018
Dcb5.75 was sent to get his water bottle then put his shoes on for outside time.

Got his water bottle then went to the coat room to put his shoes on. Only instead of putting his shoes on, he proceeded to take a drink of water then spit it into another dcb's shoes.

I walked into the coat room and 'caught him in the act.'

These 2 dcb's don't get along, never have. Of course the Dcb with the now wet shoes is the one with heightened sensory awareness, especially with his feet and head.

So Wwyd in this situation?
hwichlaz 04:05 PM 08-08-2018
hand him a hair dryer and make him fix it instead of playing
hwichlaz 04:07 PM 08-08-2018
or, if they wear similar sizes...let the other boy wear the perp's shoes while the perp dries the other boy's shoes.
BumbleBee 04:07 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
hand him a hair dryer and make him fix it instead of playing
Didn't think of that one! I love it!
Cat Herder 05:10 AM 08-09-2018
I require a complete change of clothing to include shoes and socks. It obviously was not intended for this purpose but would have limited it's effect on DCB2.

DCB1, at almost 6 years of age, would have spent outdoor playground time alone on the big playground with the running track and kick balls while the rest of the kids did their usual water, sand and chalk play (he would have expected this as a known consequence). Depending on his attitude he could join them on the small playground for climbers, playhouses and slides for the second half.

I would text his parent and let them to know to expect an extended pick-up time for a behavior conference. When they arrived I would have him tell his parent what he did and why. He would then be sent to circle rug in the playroom while his parent and I talked about what would happen if there was a next time with any similar passive aggressive behavior toward other children.
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 08-09-2018
I agree with CH ^^ in addition to that, DCB (naughty one) wold also not be allowed to have his water bottle without an adult standing next to him. In fact, it would be a few days before he earned the right to not have to be directly supervised at all times...kind of like a toddler. kwim?
daycarediva 10:20 AM 08-09-2018
WOW though! At almost 6 I would have sent the parents a text and this dck would have sat out for some recess time and then had supervised use of his water bottle only.
Tags:bad behavior, bad behavior - action plan
Reply Up