Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Problems With a Check....

When I do new enrollments, I always let the parent know that their child is not considered enrolled until I have payment. No problems until this week when I enrolled a child and found out later (yeah, I know I should have double checked before she left) that the date on the check was 2010... Of course I called the parent and let her know that I need a new check ASAP before her child's spot can be held and she can be enrolled. All of a sudden even though she gets off of work at 7 pm tonight, there is NO way that she can drop another check off until tomorrow night. Meanwhile, payments are always due on Fridays because I do not relish the idea of making multiple trips to the bank. Not only that but I'm a little leary of this parent now. Who puts 2010 as a date, and why can you not rectify this mistake as soon as possible? She wanted me to change the year on the check. I firmly refused and told her she can have this check back, I still need a new one. Seriously?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdivalady View Post
When I do new enrollments, I always let the parent know that their child is not considered enrolled until I have payment. No problems until this week when I enrolled a child and found out later (yeah, I know I should have double checked before she left) that the date on the check was 2010... Of course I called the parent and let her know that I need a new check ASAP before her child's spot can be held and she can be enrolled. All of a sudden even though she gets off of work at 7 pm tonight, there is NO way that she can drop another check off until tomorrow night. Meanwhile, payments are always due on Fridays because I do not relish the idea of making multiple trips to the bank. Not only that but I'm a little leary of this parent now. Who puts 2010 as a date, and why can you not rectify this mistake as soon as possible? She wanted me to change the year on the check. I firmly refused and told her she can have this check back, I still need a new one. Seriously?
I once had a dcp put the childs BIRTHDATE on the check when doing enrollment forms. We got such a laugh out of it when I called her to bring me a new check!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I had a parent last week forget my last name.

She put my first name and then an illegible scribble for my last name.

I had to ask for a new check. There is no way my back would have taken that.

Some people..
Old 03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreek View Post
I had a parent last week forget my last name.

She put my first name and then an illegible scribble for my last name.

I had to ask for a new check. There is no way my back would have taken that.

Some people..
Why not just leave the last name blank and let you write it in .
Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
Why not just leave the last name blank and let you write it in .
I had a family who did that at one point - they totally left the name area blank - I am thinking why do you not know my name???? And they did it all the time, not just their first week or two.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Provider in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I had a family who did that at one point - they totally left the name area blank - I am thinking why do you not know my name???? And they did it all the time, not just their first week or two.
Well thats a good thing too keep in mind when making a contract. I will remember to put in the contract that all checks must have the correct date (for record keeping puposes as well as ). As well as my first and last name (or business name if I have a DBA account) "All checks must be made out to 'Jane Doe' (or '123 daycare')". I also plan to give them recipts for payments with in 24 hours (If not the same day) I will keep one copy for my records and give them one for their home records. http://www.shop.skincometax.com/Rece...ceipt-Book.htm

Tags
check, enrollment fees