Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Do You Gift?
laundrymom 12:09 PM 12-21-2011
The gift thread got me thinking. Who do you gift??

I tipped my dog groomer, piano and guitar teachers. One typical "pay". I pay music monthly, they got that amount. I groom each 6-8 weeks. I tipped a typical groom fee.
daycare 12:22 PM 12-21-2011
I am not tipping anyone because I already give them very generous tips each time I see them. All except our post man, I will leave him $25.00 gift card to starbucks..

I am giving gifts to my childrens ride-share parents. The ones that help me get them to all of their events and or school when it rains... I am not too sure what I am getting them yet...lol
small_steps 12:24 PM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
The gift thread got me thinking. Who do you gift??

I tipped my dog groomer, piano and guitar teachers. One typical "pay". I pay music monthly, they got that amount. I groom each 6-8 weeks. I tipped a typical groom fee.
I guess I don't gift anyone outside of family but I don't have any outside things like what you've described. Don't really have a hair stylist, and my kids aren't in any kind of lessons yet. I have gift certificates for my parents for a free parent's night out and I gift my daycare kids a little something but other than that I only gift my family. I always gift my children's school teachers and it's usually like a starbucks gift card or a restaurant gift card.
meganlavonnesmommy 01:02 PM 12-21-2011
I give gifts to each of my kids teachers, the school bus driver and attendent, and my daycare kids.
SilverSabre25 01:40 PM 12-21-2011
Just family and a couple close friends. I give the daycare parents gifts the children have made, and this year I'm giving the daycare kids fleece blankets that I made, which will stay here for them to use at naptime.

I don't have a stylist or certain mailman that I know well, or anything like that.
DCMom 01:46 PM 12-21-2011
Dog groomer, My nail lady, the milkman, my weekly dance and music teachers, auto mechanic (also our neighbor who saves us a ton of $$) and my assistant. Usually a Target gift card or cash and a card with a note of thanks.

When my kids were younger, cub/girl scout leaders, coaches, dance/piano teachers, etc all got some token of appreciation. We were broke then, so it was usually some homemade goodies and a note of appreciation.
grandmom 03:07 PM 12-21-2011
Jiffy Lube guys, auto parts store guys and bank tellers get gifts throughout the year. The auto parts guys love me when I come in with ice cream cones in the middle of summer.

Today I gifted a small business in my town just to help pay medical bills. He's had 3 eye surgeries in 6 months.
AfterSchoolMom 04:11 PM 12-21-2011
Mail carrier, both kids' teachers, my son's reading tutor, and the bus driver. We usually do some sort of gift card for all, and I include some sort of baked goods for the mail carrier. We also do baked goods for several of the neighbors.
PitterPatter 04:32 PM 12-21-2011
I mainly gift to friends and family. Other than them it's just a few people like teachers, mailman, a few neighbors, my lawn guy, the daycare kids and their parents (parents get a small handmade ornament and a coupon book for daycare services)
JenNJ 05:28 PM 12-21-2011
My son's K teacher and his martial arts instructor. My dd's dance teacher. My awesome neighbor who is moving . I send home a dozen homemade cookies with each of my daycare kids as well.
Tags:christmas gifts, christmas gifts - to who, christmas greeting cards, gifting, gifts
Reply Up