Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Where, If You Do, Do You Purchase Your Bulk Items?
Costco 17 40.48%
Sam's Club 16 38.10%
Other 4 9.52%
I don't purchase bulk items 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Wholesale Poll
Former Teacher 05:54 PM 01-21-2013
Where, if you do, do you purchase your bulk items?
Kim 05:57 PM 01-21-2013
I get my bulk stuff from BJ's.
mamac 06:23 PM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by Kim:
I get my bulk stuff from BJ's.
Ditto. But I occasionally sneak in to Costco with my mom. I think they have a lot more in the way of office, business supplies.
BumbleBee 06:31 PM 01-21-2013
I get my bulk items (tp, paper towel, etc) from Sam's Club.

Honestly, it's a matter of convenience. Sam's is 30 minutes SE while Costco is an hour NW.
kitykids3 07:35 PM 01-21-2013
I put other because I order my stuff online - paper plates, changing pad liners, garbage bags, paper towels.
mamac 08:34 PM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
I put other because I order my stuff online - paper plates, changing pad liners, garbage bags, paper towels.
Is that cheaper than wholesale? What site do you use?
Sunshine74 08:41 PM 01-21-2013
I put other, we get most of our bulk supplies at a restaurant supply store. But we also go to Sam's Club.
My3cents 04:34 AM 01-22-2013
Costco if we had one near us. Mostly BJ's and Sam's-
MN Mom 04:40 AM 01-22-2013
They now have a Costco in Rochester MN, they've had Sam's for years. We make 2 trips a year to Rochester Sams for bulk items (shampoo, conditioner, dixie cups, razors, Tylenol, ibuprofen, vitamins etc). I'd like to try Costco for a change...do they require a membership like Sam's?
daycarediva 05:15 AM 01-22-2013
I don't use many disposable items (only paper towels) and my local grocery store brand is better quality & cheaper than BJ's (the only place local).
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
They now have a Costco in Rochester MN, they've had Sam's for years. We make 2 trips a year to Rochester Sams for bulk items (shampoo, conditioner, dixie cups, razors, Tylenol, ibuprofen, vitamins etc). I'd like to try Costco for a change...do they require a membership like Sam's?
I think Costco has a membership just like Sam's Club does. http://www.costco.com/costco-memberships.html

I shop at Sam's Club but only because there are no other bulk type stores for several hundred miles of us.

Sam's is already 80 miles one way.
e.j. 10:54 AM 01-22-2013
I chose Sam's Club because it was listed and I do shop there but I usually go to BJ's.
SunnyDay 11:31 AM 01-22-2013
I Costco waaaaaaay too much
mema 11:38 AM 01-22-2013
I do both Sam's and Costco right now. I've had a Sam's membership for about 5 years and I received a Costco one as a gift, so I am doing both right now and comparing for when the memberships expire. Honestly, right now, I don't see much difference in them.
spud912 01:28 PM 01-22-2013
I put Costco, but we don't use our membership to purchases in bulk per se. Generally, we use the membership to purchase clothes for my children, some toys for the daycare, meats (in bulk), fruits (to be used for the week), and some family dinner convenience foods. We also use it to purchase wet wipes as theirs are decent quality for a comparable price.

Paper and plastic goods (paper towels, toilet tissue, zip-loc bags) I purchase at Wal-Mart price matched to other stores when they have a good sale. I order diapers and diaper bags from Amazon using my "mom membership."

All of this allows us to find the best price without driving to 10 stores.
kitykids3 04:49 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
Is that cheaper than wholesale? What site do you use?
Well, there is no costco near here, and Sam's club seems a little too pricey. I get gloves for about $4.50 per box online. The last couple times I ordered I used Clean It Supply.com. Sometimes I shop around a little. I only have to order 2x's a year.

ETA: I also have physical limitations, so to help with the pain level, it is easier for me to have stuff shipped to me than to have to go out and shop for all of this. Plus, I can't find paper towel refills for my commercial dispenser in any store. Since the paper plates and gloves are cheaper online, plus I can get the changing pad liners, I order them too. However, regular roll paper towels, napkins and paper cups I still get in the store when they are on sale.
You just got to shop around a little and see what works best for you.
Tags:poll, shopping, supplies, wholesale
Reply Up