Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do?
rysakaem1 09:25 AM 05-22-2011
I have a DCB that started as a drop in about a year ago. He stopped coming for about two months when mom was laid off. He started back as a drop in and became full-time a few months ago with no contract (paid daily, only when he came). Mom started a new job about three weeks ago. New schedule is 4 days per week, but days change weekly. Two days go over 10 hrs for which her charge her $5 per hour. He missed two days last week because he's in the hospital with gastrointestinal issues, having surgery Monday.

Here's my issue. I know she will EXPECT that no payment is due while he's out. My contract states that payment is due each Friday for the upcoming week, with one week vacation after six months of signing contract. Would I be wrong to insist payment is due? What would you say?
wdmmom 09:30 AM 05-22-2011
Payment is due for the upcoming week regardless of attendance. I would tell her that she'll need to drop off payment by Friday or if she wants to post date a payment til Friday, she can drop it off any day between now and then.
WDW 10:35 AM 05-22-2011
Has she signed your contract? I wasn't sure if she signed it when she started coming 4 days a week or not. If she signed it, absolutely payment is due. If not, I think you have to talk about it with her and tell her your policy. If she won't pay, you have to decide if that is someone you are able to work with... and if so, have her sign right away. Good luck. It's always when we try to be nice, huh?
rysakaem1 11:14 AM 05-22-2011
Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by WDW:
Has she signed your contract? I wasn't sure if she signed it when she started coming 4 days a week or not. If she signed it, absolutely payment is due. If not, I think you have to talk about it with her and tell her your policy. If she won't pay, you have to decide if that is someone you are able to work with... and if so, have her sign right away. Good luck. It's always when we try to be nice, huh?
Yes, she signed 3 weeks ago.
Abigail 01:45 PM 05-22-2011
Since she signed, I would expect payment. If this child will not return for a few weeks and you don't have an extended leave or medical emergency policy, I would negotiate something with her and put it in writing. Putting something in writing, even if it benefits her, just shows you will follow all written and agreed upon policies.
Mom_of_two 06:08 PM 05-22-2011
I agree- if she signed, expect payment and remind her if you don't get it. Good luck!!
Tags:drop in care, full time, schedule - changes
Reply Up