Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Interview
lilcupcakes09 06:27 AM 05-03-2012
Provider for 3 years now.....but getting ready for my 1st interview tomorrow for a newborn. Up until this point, I have never had an interview with complete strangers, I have known all my parents one way or another and our "interview" has only been them bringing me the signed contract with deposit and light-hearted general talk. How do I begin? I was just going to start with discussing hours, showing them the contract and going over the policies, etc. with them. Then answering their questions. Any suggestions will help.....thanks!!
renodeb 06:42 AM 05-03-2012
Im the opposite, most of my interviews come from people who got my number off of the R&R list. Very few interviews from a referal from a current client. I usually show them around, then it usually goes into answering any questions they have. I usually send them with an info pack so they have something from me. By the time the interview rolls around, I have gathered up as much info as I could on the phone. I would love to know how it goes.
Debbie
3girls 08:52 AM 05-03-2012
I have an interview checklist that I use. When the parents arrive theres usually a few minutes of chit chat and then I say tell me a little about your child and what you are looking for in a childcare. Anything on my list that they didn't offer up I ask (nap routine, fav foods, etc) on my list and give them a chance to ask their own questions. I have my enrollment packet handy and ask them if they would like to take it home and look over it, then if they say yes I go over the packet briefly and explain the forms (emergency contact, immunizations, etc) then I send them on their way I've had all strangers to me personally, but some of my families are friends with each other
Tags:infants, interviews
Reply Up