Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gonna Be A Long Afternoon DCG!
Symphony 12:13 PM 04-05-2011
I have a new dcg that started today. For lunch we had beef ravioli with tomato/carrot sauce, fruit salad, and milk. She ate a chunk or two of a peach and *maybe* a sip of milk and left the table. Within five minutes she tells me she's hungry I told her I promise I will let her know when it is time for snack. Anyway, this has continued since and her descriptions of her tummy rumbling have gotten more dramatic Still an hour and a half to go dear! It's been awhile since I've had a new one, I forgot most kids eat whatever, whenever at home!
MarinaVanessa 01:59 PM 04-05-2011
As awful as this is going to sound, I say stick with it. I have a 3yo DCG that did the same thing when she first started that lasted all of 3 days. She didn't like what I served for breakfast so I wrapped her plate up th first day and 20 minutes later she was howling about how she was starving to death. I unwrapped and warmed her food and she wLked away from it a second time. She did the same for lunch and snacks.

Day 2 I didn't bother to warm her food up. I just threw it away. *sigh* what a waste. By day 3 she knew that if she didn't eat it then she wasnt getting anything else so she at least took bites from everything and at least now she eats all of the fruit at least lol.
MsMe 05:34 PM 04-05-2011
yep same here....you eat at meal times and meal times only.
heyhun77 07:15 PM 04-05-2011
yep, stick to your guns... it works. My newest 4 year old hardly ate anything for the first 2 days because she's used to gma who made her whatever she wished for each day. My house can't and won't work like that with 8 kids to feed you get what you get and if you don't like it you can wait until the next time we eat.

The one thing that got her to start eating was that we stay at the table until most of the kids are just about done and then they ask to be excused and take their stuff to the kitchen. The first day she ate something it was in between that "i'm done" and then me finally starting to excuse kids from the table and then she figured out that my healthy food wasn't yucky and she has eatten pretty good since.
Tags:new family
Reply Up