Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Question On Four Year Old
cherakee68 06:51 AM 07-22-2011
I've been doing daycare about two years now. I've had the normal child behaviors to deal with. Nothing that would be a constant battle until I got the four year old last month! This child is my husbands nieces son and I'm ready to tell his mother I can't do it anymore. He's happy most of the time but he will break toys or go and do something after I've told him not to even though he just agreed not to do it again! He's pulled more then once climbing over the couch or standing on things that I told him not to do when his mother shows up and will look right at me with his grin and that burns my butt! The next day he comes he sits while the other plays for awhile but nothing seems to get through. Even my husband has told him he's fed up with the way he breaks things and doesn't listen. He'll give him the yes I'll listen and I'm sorry but turns right around and does it all over again! HELP before I go crazy please!
dEHmom 07:29 AM 07-22-2011
i have in my contract any INTENTIONAL acts will be placed on the parents. toys wear out, and break, accidents happen, wear and tear on the home is all my responsibility, but if a child is intentionally damaging my property or anything else, the parents will be responsible for replacing the items. I don't care if they find an item for 10 cents at a yard sale, but the item must be replaced. If it's not replaceable, a monetary settlement (replacement value - depreciation) will be made.

I would discuss with this child the consequences, even to the point of not being allowed to come anymore, as he is old enough. And explain to the parents that this behavior is not acceptable whatsoever, and if it continues, termination will be the result.
cherakee68 05:11 AM 07-26-2011
Thank you so much. I will do that as well. Hopefully that will help!
cheerfuldom 07:22 PM 07-26-2011
exactly. you don't have to tolerate that behavior and you shouldn't. if he gets hurt there or hurts someone else, you will be the one held responsible. if he can't get with the program then its not the right fit. PS don't ever work with family, it almost never ends well.
Tags:4 year old, destructive, disobedient, relatives
Reply Up