Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated with 4yo
crazydaycarelady 07:48 AM 10-16-2013
She was here last year and then home all summer with mom. Now we are in the second month of her being back.

At drop off she whines and cries (her little brother comes too and he is fine.) She cries that she doesn't want lunch, cries about going outside, asks over and over when so and so will get here, when she is getting picked up, when her dad is coming, what we are having for snack, etc. Basically she whines/cries about every. single. thing.

I have tried putting her in a time out situation until she stops crying and gets her act together. She tells me she wants to sit there until she gets picked up.

I have laid her down for a rest and she tells me she wants to stay there.

I have tried ignoring her.

When she cries about not wanting to do some activity (like not going outside) I tell her she is doing it anyway.

When I see their car pull up I just sigh because I know it is going to be a loooong day again. They are here 5 days per week too.
daycarediva 07:54 AM 10-16-2013
No reaction from her antics. Keep a poker face. Give her the option, if she wants to sit and whine, I would let her. "Ok dcg, you can sit and cry or you can join us. Your choice." rinse and repeat until she is so bored with getting no reaction OR bored from sitting all day that she stops her whining.
Brustkt 08:19 AM 10-16-2013
Have you discussed this with her parents? Does she go to preschool? It's not good that she doesn't want to participate at all. What are they going to do when she gets to kindergarten if they don't address her anxiety now. It will be bad!
Tags:4 year old, drop off behavior
Reply Up