Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sensitive Child
tenderhearts 11:27 AM 12-10-2018
I have a 4 yr old dcb who has been with me since he was an infant and I've had his older siblings as well since they were babies so I know this family very well.
Over the last 6 months this boy has become very sensitive, it's only if you have to ask him to not doing something or if he thinks he is going to get in trouble (which is never) he cries. Example, he accidentally kicked someone goofing around and they started to cry so he starts to cry and will just repeat sorry sorry sorry. I am extremely gentle and have never gotten mad I just always say accidents happen we just need to be more careful. Or if he's being super hyper I'll just announce ok everyone we need to settle down a bit we are getting too loud and then I'll go around and help them all to an activity but he will ask am I being good and keep asking. I know his parents are gentle as well so I don't know where this is coming from. He is the youngest child, and I do think he is a little more "babied" then the others but nothing that I think would cause this. He also has speech issues and he is in speech and has been for quite some time. He just has a hard time pronouncing certain letters and it makes it difficult for me and others to understand him at times, but I don't think that is it either, he doesn't seem to really know. Any suggestions on what it could be? a phase? I just love this little boy and his siblings and i hate to see him be worried, I always console him and ask him why he is crying or worried and if he says he thought he would get in trouble I always ask why he would think that, and accidents happen and it's my job give reminders. He is very clingy to me too, and he always has but his siblings are like that but are not sensitive like this.
Tags:4 year old, emotional, imagination, irrational fear, milestones - emotional, sensitive, sensitive child, social development
Reply Up