Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teary 4 Year Old
ammama 11:46 AM 03-30-2011
I have had dcg4 for over a year, and she has never been teary/whiny at all. Just recently she has started randomly crying over very small things. I'm not sure what to do about it! I always invite her over to cuddle with me, which she always does, and that stops the crying. She usually feels better, and goes to play again within 10 minutes, and then it starts all over again. This happens 4-5 times every day. (Today was worse, she sat with me the whole morning).

When she is upset, she also won't eat. She didn't eat ANYTHING today, wouldn't even sit at the table for snacks and meals. When I told her it was her turn for the potty before naptime, she started crying again, saying she didn't have to go. I made her go anyway, as it is naptime.

I don't know how to help this child through whatever it is that she is going through! She is going through some changes in her life (she will be leaving here, as i'm closing for mat leave soon, her mom is having another baby in the fall, her best friend is leaving here very soon, as they have found her a new daycare since i'm closing soon anyway).

Does anyone have any advice??
cheerfuldom 11:53 AM 03-30-2011
It sounds like you already know the reasons why she is doing this and all of those are out of your control. Does her mom or dad say she is doing this at home? Does she have a favorite lovey or something that will comfort her besides you constantly?
Tags:4 year old, comforting, cry baby, teary, whining
Reply Up