Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Naming Your Business
Abigail 06:19 PM 08-05-2010
How did you come up with a business name? Did you create a logo?
emosks 06:23 PM 08-05-2010
I have a friend that came up with our name and then my husband's cousin's husband (I guess he's my cousin now?) had just graduated with his degree in graphic design and he created our logo!
originalkat 07:03 PM 08-05-2010
My mom came up with my name: Green Gate Preschool. My brother who is a graphic artist and his company designed my logo pro bono. I LOVE it!!

Logo.jpg
Attached:
GretasLittleFriends 07:03 PM 08-05-2010
I don't have a logo, but my daycare name is Greta's Little Friends Daycare and my first name is Greta... I had a hard time coming up with something, but then I remembered my son's daycare name was Lets Be Friends Daycare, and it came to me.
Abigail 09:42 PM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
My mom came up with my name: Green Gate Preschool. My brother who is a graphic artist and his company designed my logo pro bono. I LOVE it!!

Attachment 59
Do you have a green gate?
emosks 05:28 AM 08-06-2010
I forgot to put that my avatar is part of our logo. If you go to our website you'll see the rest of it.

http://aplacetogrowchildcare.wordpress.com
Childminder 06:41 AM 08-06-2010
A childminder is what childcare providers are called in Britain and while I was waiting(not so patiently) for licensing to come through I researched and brainstormed for a name. My logo was something I drew (I'm an artist, used to teach). Pretty juvenile, I know, but it is basic, easy to understand, easily transferable and the kids love it.Logoxx copy.jpg
Attached:
boysx5 07:25 AM 08-06-2010
I don't have a logo just a name Julie's Jungle Gym
JenNJ 08:40 AM 08-06-2010
Mine is Sweet Pea Daycare. We called my son Sweet Pea as a baby and it was so cute, I just decided to use it for work as well. I designed my logo bc I do minor graphic design for fun.
Charity 10:45 AM 08-06-2010
My question is if I designed a name and I am only having a home day care center, then do i have to license it. I am just wanting something to post on my Business Cards and Signs...... Also has anyone made decals for their cars??? HELP
originalkat 06:11 PM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you have a green gate?
I used to. But our new house doesnt have one. I need to paint our gate green. LOL!
Unregistered- 12:36 AM 08-07-2010
Think of things you would want children to be or aspire to be(Creative Kids) , or names you would call them(Tiny Tots) or what you business represents!(Stay n' play,Kiddie Kollege, Kindercare)
Michael 01:24 AM 08-07-2010
designoutpost.com did most of our logos at a cost of about $200 each. You get 10 to 20 designers from around the world that give you graphic ideas from your description. You keep tweeking their different logos until you pick one. Take a look at the quality of our brands here (you have to go down the page):

http://www.ccin.com/about.html
nannyde 05:37 AM 08-07-2010
I don't have a logo but I will talk Judy into making me one sometime in 2010. She hasn't complied yet but she will.

I just use the advertising signs that I had done for a print magazine and the one I made at vistaprint for my yard sign now.
melskids 06:14 AM 08-07-2010
i live on top of a mountain, so we became "mountaintop family daycare".

i did my own logo with clipart. it is a cartoon smiley face sun in between cartoon pine trees.
mainemomma 04:55 PM 08-07-2010
I have a friend who does graphic design's so I had her make me up a letterhead that I use on the top of every form, add, ect...

My daycare is called Little Bite's
Abigail 09:57 PM 08-07-2010
I still have not decided how to create a picture/logo. I want to create business cards once I move and have made my final decision on a name. I don't feel like answering my telephone saying "Abigail's Angels" or anything like that. My sister recommended I use ABC Playhouse and I like it.

I want to create the letters A B and C somewhere and write Playhouse as if it is on a road, but like a child's handwriting with the center of the road being the center of the writing space....get what I'm saying? The only problem is that roads are usually on the bottom of the page (business card) and I don't want my name at the bottom. I could draw a house and have the A B C be part of it somehow and have it on the upper left corner and then the road from the house say Playhouse across the top.....what do you think?

I wish I had artistic abilities!
QualiTcare 10:09 PM 08-07-2010
don't take it the wrong way - it's just MY opinion....but i don't think ABC playhouse stands out too much.

i like "playhouse" though. what about abigail's *******?

just a suggestion.
Abigail 11:12 PM 08-07-2010
ABC are my initials.....until I get married in two months.

We also have three cats: Peanut, Oliver, and Max....I was even considering "Peanut's Playhouse"
Abigail 04:13 PM 08-08-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
don't take it the wrong way - it's just MY opinion....but i don't think ABC playhouse stands out too much.

i like "playhouse" though.
just a suggestion.
LOL, my first name will not change. I would still be at the top of the daycare listings list too!
judytrickett 04:25 PM 08-08-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't have a logo but I will talk Judy into making me one sometime in 2010. She hasn't complied yet but she will.

I just use the advertising signs that I had done for a print magazine and the one I made at vistaprint for my yard sign now.
You're funny!!!

I'm gonna quit actual daycare and just be a daycare consultant!
Janet 10:30 AM 08-09-2010
I am registered with my county as "All About Kids" and my business account is set up using that name, but I never use the business name. Now I kind of hate it but I'm too lazy to come up with a new one.
booroo 01:52 PM 08-09-2010
I'm lil sprouts daycare!!! I have what looks like tiny green little sprouts growing in front of a house!!!
Black Bull Ranch designed it and then I ordered my advertisment stuff from them!!
Sprouts 06:48 PM 01-25-2011
Abigail's ****** sounds the best to me because when you list it in the phone book it will be one of the first ones that parents see!! Peanuts playhouse.....if parents are a little hard of hearing it miiiiiiight sound like something else.....lol

Has anyone her Trademarked their name??????? Just curious
KEG123 07:00 PM 01-25-2011
Mine is called Kid E Garden, hence why I'm KEG.... DBF and I thought of it one day, as we both love nature and gardening and want to incorporate that into our curriculum once spring hits.
Danielle 07:04 PM 01-25-2011
I originally went with Laugh 'N Learn Daycare but then my cousin found that there was another daycare with the same name in the same state. So I changed it to Mama Dani's Child Care. At that time I only had 1 dck. My friends and dck (friend's child) call me Dani. My kids call me mama so I just combined the two. I don't have a logo. For business cards and my yard sign, I just used what Vista Print offers for free...kids and ABC building blocks.
cillybean83 07:41 PM 01-25-2011
Mine is Diapers to Diplomas Daycare...because I currently only accept littles, and i'll be expanding to preschool by the time my little are preschool age
Abigail 07:56 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by Mstein:
Abigail's ******* sounds the best to me becuase when you list it in the phone book it will be one of the first ones that parents see!! Peanuts playhouse.....if parents are a little hard of hearing it miiiiiiight sound like something else.....lol

Has anyone her Trademarked their name??????? Just curious
My cat's name is Peanut and I've slipped up a few times calling her *****, so I was afraid of that happening. Not of the parents calling it that, but of me answering the phone saying that! I like Abigail's ******* because my name is Abigail and it's MY house that children Play to learn and grow in. I'm still trying to figure out a design or image to stick with my name too. I found out today it only costs $25 to list my daycare with the Secretary of State for 5 years...that's only $5/year to own my own business name, wow! I'm also trying to think of a motto that other daycares don't have just to keep it unique....maybe something with the words 'play' and 'children' in it. If you have any ideas, please share.
Missani 11:00 AM 01-26-2011
I'm Sprouting Seeds Child Care and my logo is a little seedling/sprout. I like it because I went with a tree/garden/outdoor themed daycare space and I love to garden (and hope to get the kids in on it-even bought a little greenhouse). I registered it with the Secretary of State, too and reserved my website domain: sproutingseedschildcare.com. It was all very inexpensive-$25 to register the name and free to do the domain with a one year paid website hosting at $13.95/month. The logo was free clipart from Microsoft Word, but I'd like to have my brother tweak it a little some day. At least in MN, I had to register my business name with the state in order to open a business account with that name. I don't know if that is true everywhere or not.
Stacy214 11:04 AM 01-26-2011
Mine is Sugarbabies home daycare....and my son actually came up with it years ago (when starting out) because I always call babies "Sugar" ....then my nick name eventually became Sugarmama lol
Tags:business, cards, daycare, logo
Reply Up