Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviews!!
Christophina 10:09 AM 08-23-2010
I have my first parent interview tomorrow!!! I am a little nervous. I'm going to give her a tour of my home and give her a copy of the parent handbook, supply list, and misc forms. Am I supposed to do something more than that?

I also have my first interview with a sub tomorrow! I've never interviewed anyone before. I didn't even know what to say when she called! Any tips?

I am so nervous and so excited!!! Wish me luck!
Michael 10:24 AM 08-23-2010
Good luck!
MommyMuffin 11:17 AM 08-23-2010
Awesome!

I have not had any interviews yet, hopefully soon! (cross my fingers)
BUT what I plan to do is show off the safety features, (outlet covers), windows above couch locked (due to risk of falling), cleaning supplies (tightly locked away.) The things that seem obvious to us, just point it out.
"Here is where we will spend time reading, arts and crafts...ect"
Also I have a 2 page questionaire for them to fill out: what does your child like to eat? What is there normal routine at home? Why are you looking for child care?
I am going to go through that verbally with the parent, I think it shows that you are interesed in their child and their likes/dislikes and learning about their family structure.
But again I have yet to catch my first interview
I think above all I will keep telling myself to: BE CONFIDENT
- you ARE a GREAT provider
- you have lots of love and patience to give!
You will do great!!
misol 04:02 PM 08-23-2010
Good luck. I am sure you will do great. I have been doing childcare for exactly a year and still get nervous before interviews.
Christophina 11:36 AM 08-24-2010
Thanks everyone!!! My sub interview was a no call no show. But my parent interview went spectacularly!!! My first dck starts Monday!!!!!
MommyMuffin 03:17 PM 08-24-2010
CONGRATS!!
That is awesome, I am so happy for you!!
melissa ann 04:03 PM 08-24-2010
Congrats! I wish you the best.
Tags:interview
Reply Up