Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Screamer
sahm2three 11:05 AM 05-05-2011
I know there have probably been tons of posts on this subject. I have my 1 year old who went from being colicky to high needs. He is major high maintenence. Screams ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. I love him to pieces. Reminds me a lot of my second child, but he is wearing on me today. He is miserable. It is gorgeous outside but all he does is scream. Screamed thru playing outside, screamed thru lunch, and I am hoping he doesn't scream thru nap. Ugh.
momma2girls 11:43 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I know there have probably been tons of posts on this subject. I have my 1 year old who went from being colicky to high needs. He is major high maintenence. Screams ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. I love him to pieces. Reminds me a lot of my second child, but he is wearing on me today. He is miserable. It is gorgeous outside but all he does is scream. Screamed thru playing outside, screamed thru lunch, and I am hoping he doesn't scream thru nap. Ugh.
I so remember these days!! It is just not fair to you, to the other children, to hear and put up with all day every day!!
cheerfuldom 11:57 AM 05-05-2011
yeah well if he has been like this from birth than its very very likely not going to change anytime soon. Some kids are high maintenance and once you get the crying to stop at a certain age, they replace that with an equally exhausting habit like whining, clinginess or constant unhappiness. I really feel for you.
grandmom 02:40 PM 05-05-2011
I posted about a month ago about my SCREAMER. Well I started charting his day here. Used an excel spreadsheet with 5 minute boxes. Color coded it so you can tell at a glance. He's made progress. The only way I know is that I've been tracking it.

I suggest you do the same if you have something like excel, or even use graph paper and color in the boxes.

Good luck.
Kaddidle Care 03:55 PM 05-05-2011
Teach him to sing? He clearly loves the sound of his own voice!

Sorry - I'm not much help. I had a screamer too when he was young - when he was an infant I tried a binky and he learned to hum right through it.

He's a good kid now.. although he does like to talk to himself...
Tags:rage baby, screamer, screams all day
Reply Up