Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Announcing Gas
melissa ann 12:25 PM 12-06-2011
I have a 4 yr old dcg, who every time she passes gas, announces to everyone that she tooted and laughs. First of all, I never heard of "tooted" before this girl. For some reason, that term really irriates me. I always tell her, she doesn't have to announce it, but she can just say excuse me.
My own kids and my other dcks, will say excuse me. Sometimes, I will ask for what (because they will also say it if someone is in their way) and they will say they farted or bull frogged. But normally will not announce. If someone starts to stink, I will just ask who stinks, and normally the kids will say who had gas or if the younger one needs a diaper change.
Crystal 12:43 PM 12-06-2011
LOL!

Well, I have never heard of "bull-frogged" and that sounds more offensive to me than "tooted"

I'd just ignore it!
sharlan 01:03 PM 12-06-2011
I just tell the boys that I don't need to know about it.

They're in a phase where they run around saying, "I farted, I farted, I steamed my butt, I farted." It is met with an icy stare and a "I don't need to know about it." I have no idea where they came up with that and neither do their parents.
mismatchedsocks 01:11 PM 12-06-2011
Tell her from now on to say excuse me or excuse me i tooted, and to move on with the day. We say excuse me when we fart or burp here, and that is ok. I wouldnt laugh about it, or talk about it.
KBCsMommy 01:12 PM 12-06-2011
Tooty Booty!!!!!

Thats what I tell them!!
Michelle 01:20 PM 12-06-2011
My wonderful husband usually tells them, "wow! I just saw the couch lift up 2 feet!, or hah you just stepped on a frog, to encourage them... it's my husband that gets the icy stare!
graham.shellbell 01:26 PM 12-06-2011
Ha sounds like you have my 4 year old daughter! She thinks its funny and says I tooted(and she can let em rip!) Its an age thing...it seems at the 3/4 year old mark all the burping and tooting is funny.. my hubby is the big kid here and makes the big deal out of it and gets the kids all wound up and proud of their toots!!
sharlan 01:45 PM 12-06-2011
I used to have a daycare mom that said "fluffed".
PitterPatter 01:55 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I have a 4 yr old dcg, who every time she passes gas, announces to everyone that she tooted and laughs. First of all, I never heard of "tooted" before this girl. For some reason, that term really irriates me. I always tell her, she doesn't have to announce it, but she can just say excuse me.
My own kids and my other dcks, will say excuse me. Sometimes, I will ask for what (because they will also say it if someone is in their way) and they will say they farted or bull frogged. But normally will not announce. If someone starts to stink, I will just ask who stinks, and normally the kids will say who had gas or if the younger one needs a diaper change.
Originally Posted by Crystal:
LOL!

Well, I have never heard of "bull-frogged" and that sounds more offensive to me than "tooted"

I'd just ignore it!
Ditto, same here. Never heard of bull frog they sometimes say tooted. It doesn't offend me at all. I wouldn't ask who stinks tho. That might embarrass a child. I would just let it go as long as it's not foul language and you are guiding them to use the term excuse me then that would be good enough for me. Here we says excuse me. My 2 cents
Zoe 01:57 PM 12-06-2011
Potty humor. It's hilarious for kids and always will be. Heck, for many adults it's still hilarious! Yeah, it might be rude, but it's a lot better than other things the kids could be saying. If it bugs you then only thing I think you can do is ignore them when they announce it.
Country Kids 01:59 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I used to have a daycare mom that said "fluffed".

This one cracked me up!

I picture a cat or dogs fur going up on the rear when its passing gas!
laundrymom 05:25 PM 12-06-2011
I had one boy who said

butt trumpet time!! Hoo rah! ( like a call to arms or something, lol)

Yeah ummmm lol that disnt go over well with me.

I don't have a problem with fart. But I prefer a simple ' excuse me' if they need to explain I urge, ' I'm gassy'.
spud912 05:29 PM 12-06-2011
At least it's not like my daughter, who passes gas and then says someone else did it. For example, at Target the other night, she passes gas and yells "Ewwww, mommy farted!!! Hahahahahaha." Now that is embarrassing!!
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:06 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
My wonderful husband usually tells them, "wow! I just saw the couch lift up 2 feet!, or hah you just stepped on a frog, to encourage them... it's my husband that gets the icy stare!
oh my. Sorry but I had to laugh. My own son is like this and it drives me nuts. OK you farted, we got it.
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:07 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by spud912:
At least it's not like my daughter, who passes gas and then says someone else did it. For example, at Target the other night, she passes gas and yells "Ewwww, mommy farted!!! Hahahahahaha." Now that is embarrassing!!
My daughter does that too but it's my son who joins sides and announces it to the world that mommy farted when his sister actually did. PUNKS.
Unregistered 07:15 AM 12-07-2011
Who hasn't heard of "tooted"!?!? But "bullfrogged"??? That would disturb me more than anything. Sounds disgusting.
e.j. 02:36 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by spud912:
My father did that to me in a crowded store when I was a teenager. I could have died! My son used to do the same thing when he was younger only it wasn't intential. Instead of telling me he had passed gas, he would ask, "Did you pass gas?" Of course, it always seemed to be when there was someone within hearing distance. (Just one of the joys of having a kid with Asperger's/echolalia!)

I have one dcg who will say, "I just tooted!". I ask her, "What do we say when we toot?" She'll say, "Excuse me." and we go on with the day.
Hunni Bee 03:01 PM 12-07-2011
No butt talk.

When new kids come and start with the bathroom stuff, they get the icy stare from my other dcks!
Oneluckymom 05:11 PM 12-07-2011
"Oh My, I do believe I've got the vapors"

A little 1800's for everyone.
Unregistered 05:28 PM 12-07-2011
I think my favorite was a wee little one who was pretty gassy one morning. She followed each one with a polite excuse me. Then she quietly said "Sorry, My bum is kinda chatty today."
SimpleMom 05:35 PM 12-07-2011
Oh my goodness!! This thread is hilarious! Yep, we say "excuse me, I tooted" in this house. ))) My hubby likes to call the toots "barking spiders". I'll have to tell him about the couch lifting off the ground. That's a good one!

Thanks for the humor
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:43 AM 12-08-2011
I think it's kinda funny when all the dck's are sitting down, doing something together and one of them toots and they ALL look at me.

Yes I heard it and no it was not me.
CheekyChick 08:47 AM 12-08-2011
At this age, tooting and potty humor is HILARIOUS to children. I don't mind if they laugh, but I do want them to say excuse me.
Meeko 09:03 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I think my favorite was a wee little one who was pretty gassy one morning. She followed each one with a polite excuse me. Then she quietly said "Sorry, My bum is kinda chatty today."
That's adorable!!!
Tags:4 year old, fart, funny, gassy, humorus
Reply Up