Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Brain Fried, Invoice Help
daycare 08:24 AM 11-21-2012
Ugh.....

So first off, I am super exhausted... so my brain is not working right...

I am trying to get my invoicing done for the year. Love MMK...

I am looking at the month of jan and because the way the days fall in the month, there will be more days of care provided than normal.

My invoicing in billed from the first of the month to the last day of the month.

In this case, the first is a tuesday and the last day of the month is a thursday. resulting in 23 days of care....

My rates are reflected weekly x the number of weeks in the month...

Do I just bill for the 4 weeks or do I bill for 5?????

Sorry, I told you that I am exhausted
Nickel 08:42 AM 11-21-2012
Personally i take my weekly rate x 52 weeks in a year and divide by 12 mnths this gives me .12 equal payments. Its easier for me and for the parents. In your case i would look at next mnth. If its 5 weeks this mnth and 3 next i would bill 4 and 4. If its 5 this mnth and 4 next i would bill for 5. Hope that made sense
daycare 08:44 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
Personally i take my weekly rate x 52 weeks in a year and divide by 12 mnths this gives me .12 equal payments. Its easier for me and for the parents. In your case i would look at next mnth. If its 5 weeks this mnth and 3 next i would bill 4 and 4. If its 5 this mnth and 4 next i would bill for 5. Hope that made sense
hahaha yes it made lots of sence, however, i need to finish out this year so that I billed the same as the previous months.

I like to give out my tax info around Christmas so that the parents don't bug me to get it come the new year.

I think for the next year I will bill the way that you are billing.....
MamaBearCanada 09:05 AM 11-21-2012
There would have been other months like this in the year, can you look back and see what you did? Just suggesting because if you change how you bill this time from what you did last time parents might question the (perceived) "fairness" of things.

Or could you work out the daily rate for this one off & bill 4wks + 3 days?

I also work out the yearly cost then divide by 10 (I'm closed in the summer) and bill monthly so it doesn't matter the # of days in a month.
daycare 09:10 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
There would have been other months like this in the year, can you look back and see what you did? Just suggesting because if you change how you bill this time from what you did last time parents might question the (perceived) "fairness" of things.

Or could you work out the daily rate for this one off & bill 4wks + 3 days?

I also work out the yearly cost then divide by 10 (I'm closed in the summer) and bill monthly so it doesn't matter the # of days in a month.
Even though there are not 5 friday's in this pay period, do you think it would be unfair of me to charge my weekly rate x5......the 1st is a friday....
Country Kids 09:12 AM 11-21-2012
Wouldn't you bill it like you would do every month?

Most months have 4+ weeks. Check how you billed August, that was a 22 day cycle. May was also a 23 day month, March was 22. We had many months that were over 20 day. Check those out and that may help.
daycare 09:13 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Wouldn't you bill it like you would do every month?

Most months have 4+ weeks. Check how you billed August, that was a 22 day cycle. May was also a 23 day month, March was 22. We had many months that were over 20 day. Check those out and that may help.
Ooooooh I love you!!!
Yes I will look to see what I did for these months...
I found my passport.......................I think my brain is better now......LMAO......
daycare 09:17 AM 11-21-2012
I billed for 5 weeks both months.... but I went off the number of fridays..

I think that since it is the new year and month, that I will charge the way the PP mentioned...

amount per week x52 weeks / by 12.......

this will help resolve it all.....thanks CK
MamaBearCanada 09:20 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
Even though there are not 5 friday's in this pay period, do you think it would be unfair of me to charge my weekly rate x5......the 1st is a friday....
I don't think it would be unfair especially if you are charging weekly, but from a parents' perspective it might depend on what you did before. They might be upset at paying for 25 days if they only got 23 if you charged exact days the other months this happened. If you can find out what you did in the past that would be best. Then perhaps switch in the new year to billing at the end of every week or working out a monthly average.
MamaBearCanada 09:22 AM 11-21-2012
Ok so I must have been typing my last post as you responded. Lol. Glad you got got things figured out
daycare 09:29 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Ok so I must have been typing my last post as you responded. Lol. Glad you got got things figured out
thanks so much everyone...

I have been in a state of panic all morning and trying to still get all of my work done on time....

You guys rock
Reply Up