Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Mats??
busymommy0420 07:40 AM 01-07-2013
My daycare friends lay on nap mats for nap time. I was putting crib sheets on them but am wondering if I have too? Could they just lay on the mats and use their blanket from home to cover up with? It is easier to clean the mats weekly and not have to put new sheets on them for all the children.
Springdaze 07:46 AM 01-07-2013
My state says the kids have to have a sheet and use the same mat everyday.
One mom bought her son a little cot because the Dr said he shouldnt sleep on the floor(?). Its cute and was 25 bucks so I might get a few more. state will probably not like them.. the kid might fall the 8in off onto the floor!
Country Kids 08:04 AM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by chellenj:
One mom bought her son a little cot because the Dr said he shouldnt sleep on the floor(?). Its cute and was 25 bucks so I might get a few more. state will probably not like them.. the kid might fall the 8in off onto the floor!
I have these cots and my little ones love them!!!! I'm very glad I invested in them-
Nickel 08:30 AM 01-07-2013
My kids all sleep on mats, but I use the same crib sheet and blanket and then clean them all every week. Alternately you could send the sheets home with the parents and make them bring them back. I put the sheets and blanket in their own cubby (I use those hanging sweater closet organizer things). Each child gets the same cubby and I just spray it with bleach solution when I do the mats. I also fold the mats and put them on a shelf so they don't touch each other and I don't have to clean them every single day.

When I worked in daycare we would use cots and then we would just pull the sheets of and lay it on the cot. and stack the cots. As long as the blankets didn't touch the other cots it wasn't a problem. I would LOVE to do that, but I just don't have the space to stack them.
Scout 08:52 AM 01-07-2013
I have the Angeles Rest Value line cots & they are only maybe 2" off the floor. They are sold mainly in 4 packs for around $120 for all 4 on discountschoolsupply.com. I love these! The sheets I order from sheetsunlimited.com & her stuff is awesome too! In case you wanted to switch. I chose these because I didn't want the kids on the floor in the winter since we don't have carpet.
Springdaze 11:17 AM 01-07-2013
The one i have is a fold up metal frame one from walmart. when the mom texted me i freaked on my dh says "shes gonna have to keep it in her truck or something cuz I dont have room!" but it folds up smaller than the mats I normally use! to stay on topic, it even came with a sheet!
LK5kids 12:34 PM 01-07-2013
The one i have is a fold up metal frame one from walmart. when the mom texted me i freaked on my dh says "shes gonna have to keep it in her truck or something cuz I dont have room!" but it folds up smaller than the mats I normally use! to stay on topic, it even came with a sheet!
I did not realize carried something like that! Thanks!
Scout 12:43 PM 01-07-2013
I wonder why they are so high off the ground? to store camping stuff under maybe?
JenNJ 05:54 PM 01-07-2013
I have the kids lay directly on the nap mats, but they are labeled. I advertise personal sleep space meaning a personal playpen/mat. I never let the kids share. I just feel like kids do not need to share beds. It is just too personal. I don't use sheets since I feel like putting away sheets with boogers/drool on them isn't really sanitary (why are my dc kids so drooly?).
Thetotspot 06:08 PM 01-07-2013
I am in nebraska. Our law states that children 13 months and older need a personal blanket or cot or nap mat. The law only mentions sheets for overnight stays. I do not use sheets but each cot is cleaned with bleach solution after nap time and restacked. I would love to get sheets but its not in my budget at the moment and im not sewing-inclined ;-)

Several providers in our area have the children sleep directly on the floor and the children have blankets for over top them but mothing but the floor beneath them. Im not fond of this.
Scout 06:20 PM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by Thetotspot:
I am in nebraska. Our law states that children 13 months and older need a personal blanket or cot or nap mat. The law only mentions sheets for overnight stays. I do not use sheets but each cot is cleaned with bleach solution after nap time and restacked. I would love to get sheets but its not in my budget at the moment and im not sewing-inclined ;-)

Several providers in our area have the children sleep directly on the floor and the children have blankets for over top them but mothing but the floor beneath them. Im not fond of this.
how totally uncomfortable! poor little nappers.
Patches 07:34 PM 01-07-2013
I've heard of parents being required to bring in their own crib sheet and blanket and take them home on Fridays
Hunni Bee 07:36 PM 01-07-2013
Our regs say that the cots/mats must have a top and bottom cover, meaning the child must have something between then and the cot, and something to cover up with.

Where I work now, the kids use the standard Angeles cots, and they bring their own "nap mat" from home.

Where I used to work, we supplied most of the linen. We just used standard crib sheets, which fit the preschool and toddler cots, and the standard mats. And the furry baby blankets. We had a huge collection of both and just washed them weekly.

I know I wouldn't want to sleep on a bare vinyl mat, and I wouldn't make a child do it.
busymommy0420 06:46 AM 01-08-2013
I will check with licensing to see if I am required to use a sheet. The kids each ave their own mat here. I had bought them at Toys R Us for $7.99 each. I have attached a picture. They work well in my opinion for the kiddos.
Attached: nap mat.jpg (3.5 KB) 
Lianne 06:49 AM 01-08-2013
I use cots and don't use sheets. The cots are a vinyl mesh and get wiped down with a lysol wipe.
kitykids3 11:19 AM 01-08-2013
My licensing regs say I have to have at least a 2" mat or a cot or sleeping bag. I have mats and they have to have a sheet and their own mat. Sheets get washed weekly. I think a bare mat would be too uncomfortable. I use crib sheets that you can get cheap at walmart.
Tags:mats
Reply Up