Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Doesn't Listen-Term Now?
WBee 07:47 AM 07-16-2015
Help! I'm have this dcb for a month now-2x a week on a trial basis and he does not listen. This changes the dynamic of the entire group as he is the oldest-4 1/2 and is currently part time at another daycare trying to transition to here full time (due to issues there). I am considering terming him today as he is rough with others and pushed a 4 year old by the stomach then hit a toy babydoll a 2 year old was holding. He yells at me repeatedly and lies quite often. Issue: He is a friend of the family's nephew. I am a business not a charity. Should I term now? Has it been long enough? The parents are well aware of his behavior issues. Thank you!
Blackcat31 08:00 AM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by WBee:
Help! I'm have this dcb for a month now-2x a week on a trial basis and he does not listen. This changes the dynamic of the entire group as he is the oldest-4 1/2 and is currently part time at another daycare trying to transition to here full time (due to issues there). I am considering terming him today as he is rough with others and pushed a 4 year old by the stomach then hit a toy babydoll a 2 year old was holding. He yells at me repeatedly and lies quite often. Issue: He is a friend of the family's nephew. I am a business not a charity. Should I term now? Has it been long enough? The parents are well aware of his behavior issues. Thank you!
Nope. Not in a million years would I agree to keep a child that behaved like that.

I'd term immediately and be done.

Sounds awful but that's probably why he is having issues at his other care place. If he is that aggressive he does not belong in care with others.

Term now and don't feel bad or look back.
Just breath a sigh of relief tomorrow when your group dynamics return to normal.
Play Care 10:44 AM 07-16-2015
Term. I don't tolerate hitting from my 4's.
WBee 10:52 AM 07-16-2015
Thank you! I've seen prior responses of yours and you are always "right on." I appreciate it!
WBee 10:53 AM 07-16-2015
Thank you! Much appreciated.
Tags:4 year old, hitting, terminate - hitting, won't listen
Reply Up