Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 Year Old Crying
Unregistered 07:15 AM 11-15-2019
I have a 4yo in care that cries on a regular basis. I have had here since 15 months old. She started doing this around two and it has only gotten worse as she has grown older. She cries at most drop offs....when mom brings her, she cries if other kids haven't arrived yet. When dad drops her off, she cries because mom isn't dropping off. Some days the crying carries over to breakfast and she sits through breakfast crying refusing to eat.
If she wanted dad to pick up and mom picks up instead, she cries. I have noticed over time, that she cries mostly when something doesn't go the way she wants it to go.
Mom has told me in the past that she thinks DCG is emotionally advanced for her age! Really? Mom is a social worker at a school, so she is comparing her to those kids, I'm sure. But, compared to the other kids here,(including the toddlers) she cries way more than any other child I have in care.
Sometimes she cries because another child started singing and she doesn't want them to sing.
She is definitely babied by mom and dad too, so that does not help the situation. She has a toddler brother that has no issues with drop off and pick ups, but I also have noticed they don't baby him like they do her.
When she is continuously crying here, I tell her that she needs to go sit by herself until she is ready to join us without crying. Sometimes this works and other times she will just continue to sit and cry for quite some time. I have also ignored the crying, but then she just gets louder, so that she is disrupting the entire group.
What else can I try to get the crying to stop?
Michael 12:34 PM 11-16-2019
Welcome to the forum. Suggest you register. Here are some more threads on children that cry all day: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...crying+all+day
Tags:4 year old, crying all day
Reply Up